Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Year's Eve

Comments

• Options
    Why the fuck is Alicia keys bringing us into 21 on bbc? She’s bloody good but it just seems so random. Weren’t there a British singer that could have done it 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    And live from LA 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Who aren’t celebrating for another 4 ish hours. Great voice but she forgot her top! 
  • Options
    Thought they did a good job with the fireworks and lasers from the various London locations, but really weird to cut straight from the obviously pre recorded concert and then straight back again
  • Options
    Thought they did a good job with the fireworks and lasers from the various London locations, but really weird to cut straight from the obviously pre recorded concert and then straight back again
    They do it each year. 

Think last year was Craig David and Queen have done it previously as well. 
  • Options
    Loved the lasers and fireworks! 
  • Options
    Happy New Year lads and lasses. Good luck to us all and may we do well. 
  • Options
    Yeh it was a good display, good to see SE London take a part 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    They do it each year. 

Normally though the concert is live in London, they use the Methodists Hall in Westminster. 

Obviously they can't do that this year but it seemed especially jarring to go straight into a song about New York!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    iainment said:
    Wondering if the row I’m having with my wife will be over before this evening Next Year. ☹️
    Fixed it for you. Sorry!

You’re not wrong. 😕
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “ bollocks to Brexit “ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 its done, over, finished 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    They do it each year. 

Craig David, so 2020 started shit & continued all through the same way.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    They do it each year. 

Craig David, so 2020 started shit & continued all through the same way.
    Can we get a rewind?
  • Options
    whats peoples plans for this eve? 

im in the office till 4/4.30pm then few beers at home and a chinese - usually use jumbo in bexleyheath however dont want to wait hours. 

planning on a big drink up with mates for the match tomorrow starting in blackheath at 12.00
  • Options
    Nothing planned. Just got over covid and i'm now on antibiotics for an ear infection. Happy New Year🖕
  • Options
    WFH this morning - whole family isolating due to having Covid, thankfully symptoms gone now and we all feel much better.

nothing else planned, bit of TV and maybe a couple of drinks.

More gutted that I can't go tomorrow
  • Options
    Just walked the dogs round Goddington park and got soaked. 
    Plenty of housework with Mrs.Blackpool this morning. 
    Then this evening homemade beef stroganof and probably far to much boozing 
  • Options
    New Years eve with its accompanying expectation to have more fun than usual is placed at a time when the over 40’s are already recovering from xmas so the excitement and anticipation are minimised and already used up . Anything you do always feels like a disappointment compared to xmas. So yeah the best thing is to have people around for a leisurely meal and not worry about midnight. No ritual and no special symbols and no special food mean an empty space which you have to work hard to fill. Happy new year……
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chinese or curry and watching the latest James Bond film
  • Options
    I’m at the vets right now so my cat can get his chemo. 
    Go for a cycle later, just a quick pootle of 20 miles or so.
    This evening at home watching the tv, drinking and eating. I’ll probably make aglio olio and a salad.
    Not going to the match tomorrow due to Covid concerns.
  • Options
    I'm not a new years eve fan so am more than happy to go to work for a 8 hour shift and see if London is alive and kicking today and this evening.

Will probably try to get home for 8ish for a curry and most probably be in bed for 11ish.
  • Options
    Lunch out in Brighton, evening at home - glass or three of Rioja, Tom Petty video and bed at 10.15 probably.
  • Options
    meal at chez pascal, sidcup with group of friends then back to friends house nearby - however, i'm like others, not that fussed about new years eve these days - contrived effort just as you're reaching your limit with overdoing the booze anyway
  • Options

We are not going out;

Not staying in;

Just running around with my head in a spin;

But there is no need to scream and shout;

We're not going out;

We are not going out.

…. Chinese tonight, innit

• Options
    When I was a young stag, New Year was always a big night out - nightclub in London etc

Now, it’s much more restrained - curry, film, wine and bed by 11
  • Options
    Taking my car out for a hood down run to blow away the cobwebs this afternoon. Off to friends for a curry tonight.