Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Share my plate (replacement for the Rate my plate post)

Hello all

I’ve just been in touch with @AFKABartram and unfortunately due to his current situation with Covid-19 he is unable to continue with the “rate my plate” competition. Instead I agreed with him that we could all share our Xmas platters here for discussion and comment (and a rating out of 10 if you wish?).

Here is my offering to start with. A traditional Danish Christmas dinner of duck, pork, new potatoes, brown (caramelised) potatoes, red cabbage, picked cucumber and pumpkin.

Feel free to critic. I can handle it. 

Comments

• edited December 2020
    I love meat on the bone too much to sacrifice it for carved Turkey... Cooked much better I felt this year - My wife really does cook some good potatoes

Her only fault was when she went to cook the Yorkshire's and realised she hadnt brought the mini ones

Not a big fan of sprouts but the rest looks lovely! 8/10
  • This was my real Xmas day effort this year. Took the photo before I added gravy though.

• Photo taken prior to gravy being added.
  • This was my real Xmas day effort this year. Took the photo before I added gravy though.

Glad you added gravy after taking the photo... Looks far too dry else

Hate parsnips so would pass on those, questioning the stuffing?
  • Went for untraditional this time ... Ballotine of chicken wrapped in air-dried ham, sweet parsnips, herb mash, lots of red wine jus with wild mushrooms. 

• Sponsored links:

This was my real Xmas day effort this year. Took the photo before I added gravy 

Nice counter tops 😄
  • Think this thread might be better titled "Slate my Plate"

looking forward to a proper bitch-fest!
  • IdleHans said:
    Think this thread might be better titled "Slate my Plate"

looking forward to a proper bitch-fest!
    Still waiting for someone to post a photo of a Christmas dinner on a slate plate.
  • Tom1982 said:

Christmas Day dinner. Bloody handsome.
    Best yet. Only marked down because the Yorkshire puds don’t look homemade. 9/10
  • Tom1982 said:

Christmas Day dinner. Bloody handsome.
    Looks great, it might be the light but are you Vampires as the gravy looks a bit like blood?
  • I love meat on the bone too much to sacrifice it for carved Turkey... Cooked much better I felt this year - My wife really does cook some good potatoes

Her only fault was when she went to cook the Yorkshire's and realised she hadnt brought the mini ones

Have studied this for some time but cannot fathom what the meat is.  Looks like the head of a Turkey but I am guessing it is something better than that!
  • Xmas dinner....

Boxing Day brunch....

Bread sauce or overly excited about Christmas?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2020
    Even if you dont like sprouts (I do), you have to admit they add colour. The pig in blanket looks as if it might be home made, which is a plus. If I'm being really picky, and I will because someone clearly knows how to cook a christmas lunch so I reckon they can take it, I might have cut the spuds a bit smaller, but that is entirely subjective.
    With yorkshire pudding, if you like it then put it on. It's Christmas!
    A great looking Christmas dinner, congratulations, that will be hard to beat
  • Xmas dinner....

Boxing Day brunch....

Bread sauce or overly excited about Christmas?
    Haha.......horseradish!
  • Heres my Xmas Dinner plate complete with sprouts, turkey, broccoli, cauliflower, mash, roasties, roast parsnips and carrots, pigs in blankets  and a yorkie pud! 

Also had to include a pic of my wife's homemade lotus biscoff cheesecake! Was soooo full but soooo worth it!
  • The missus cooked it and it was bloody tasty. There were about 10 roasties but most are hidden! 

• I can’t believe how much some of you ate - some of those plates are heaving with food !!!

We had Turkey Wellington, but I didn’t take a photo - highly recommend it though - didn’t pile my plate up though, have to leave room for the cheese course

To be honest I would rather curry than Xmas dinner
  • edited December 2020
    Huskaris said:
    No family, so decided to really go for it. My first Christmas in years without 2 vegetarians round the table, so in their honour, we had none. 

Everything made from scratch. 

Never seen anyone eat an Xmas dinner out the inside of a flat cap on an ironing board cover before 
    I was hoping for extra points with the red robin, and they only did the pattern I liked as an ironing board cover...