Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Weekly Non-League Documentary

Two years ago I began filming nonleague football in an effort to produce a feature length documentary around a couple of clubs in Step 5 and Step 7. And while that is still going ahead, this season I decided to create a weekly series on YouTube in an effort to start building an audience.

As I write, we are six subscribers away from being able to create a custom YouTube URL, so forgive me for creating a new thread for this push! There is a thread about this, but now it’s a weekly thing I’m hoping to drum up new viewers! 

There’s a new episode every Saturday at 7pm (I’m lucky that Dorking Wanderers are playing through lockdown) and I’ll soon be releasing interviews with pros who have experience of the lower levels, including the likes of Robbie Simpson, Luke Chadwick and Matt Smith (sorry) among others. 

Here’s the most recent episode - for those that haven’t seen this channel before, I really hope you like it!

https://youtu.be/kwjWtY6WnNI

Comments

• Options
    Liked and subscribed. 
  • Options
    Great stuff mate! Liked and subscribed 
  • Options
    Been watching these since you last posted and really enjoying them.

There was a shot from way up high in the last one I watched, do you use a drone to film some of the games?
  • Options
    Loved seeing another manager, shame it was against Horley!
  • Options
    Thanks all! Your ongoing support is amazing. 

We’ve hit 100 so I can now give us a proper URL. Thanks! 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Me again! We've got a target to hit - 200 by Saturday. We need two more YouTube subs! 

Come and watch a weekly doc about Dorking Wanderers and Charlwood FC! So much free content! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyYqE8mLqS4
  • Options
    Been watching these since you last posted and really enjoying them.

There was a shot from way up high in the last one I watched, do you use a drone to film some of the games?
    Yes, I shoot establishing shots with the drone, it doesn't have the battery power to last a whole game sadly. Although when I did manage to film a goal from high up, it just didn't cut into the video very well. It was weird going from a GoPro to a drone, so don't do it anymore. I want drama, and you get that by shooting close up, not far away! 
  • Options
    What a prick the Dorking Manager is, does he have a coaching qualification or just a big cheque book , talk about blunder through a team talk.
  • Options
    Subscribed. 
  • Options
    Here’s the latest Charlwood episode. Really happy with how this one came out. Figured I’d make it a bit longer this week as people have more spare time!

https://youtu.be/RMVrnVhx0QY
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a prick the Dorking Manager is, does he have a coaching qualification or just a big cheque book , talk about blunder through a team talk.
    It’s interesting to see different reactions to Marc.

He gives me everything I need and offers great advice. He made his money building a small business up, and invests in a club he’s managed since they were basically a pub team that now gives a lot of people a living, and a team to believe in. Yes, he has his way of doing things that not everybody appreciates, but it works. And he cares deeply about - and is very loyal to - those who work for him. I’m a way I’ve not personally experienced before (I hasten to add I don’t work for him). 

When I read reactions like that, I take it as a challenge to depict him in a way that shows how good a person he can be. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    In case you’re not subscribed, here’s the latest one - featuring Tim Flowers as the oppo manager!

I need to get to 1,000 subscribers to turn on the monetisation. Which would be huge for me, so if you feel like sharing this around it would mean a lot. 

https://youtu.be/wUgR4CGD1vo