Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Cyberpunk 2077

About an hour in, there's some buggyness and glitches but for the whole this game is awesome so far. Gameplay is slick, graphics beautiful. Excited by this one.
    I think I'm gonna wait a bit on it. Still playing through God of War and I want to play Ghost of Tsushima as well - I'll probably get it after that once they've released the necessary patches. I'm a bit annoyed that they haven't released the PS5 version at the same time.
  • edited December 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cyberpunk 2077

About an hour in, there's some buggyness and glitches but for the whole this game is awesome so far. Gameplay is slick, graphics beautiful. Excited by this one.
    I think I'm gonna wait a bit on it. Still playing through God of War and I want to play Ghost of Tsushima as well - I'll probably get it after that once they've released the necessary patches. I'm a bit annoyed that they haven't released the PS5 version at the same time.
    Yeah gotta agree. I downloaded the Xbox version... It's 60gb. I think you can get the PS4 version which you can upgrade to PS5 when that version releases? In fact, I am kicking myself a little on reflection for not doing that as I will be getting PS5 next year.
  • Was really excited for Cyberpunk but seeing all the glitches has put me off a little bit. Currently installing the PS4 version on my PS5 and hoping it isn't as bad as it looks on last gen machines.
  • edited December 2020
    Was really excited for Cyberpunk but seeing all the glitches has put me off a little bit. Currently installing the PS4 version on my PS5 and hoping it isn't as bad as it looks on last gen machines.
    As I said I have seen some minor bugs, mainly FPS slow down. Your PS5 should handle the PS4 version fine in that respect. Others I have personally seen were a side character getting stuck or walking straight through things. 

Nothing worse than stuff I got in FO4 and this is a much more dense game. The graphics and detail are unrivalled. (I would say it is in need of patching)
  • I want to be excited for Cyberpunk but I'm just so burnt out on open-world games. If I see another icon on a map I think I'll cry. 
  • Chunes said:
    I want to be excited for Cyberpunk but I'm just so burnt out on open-world games. If I see another icon on a map I think I'll cry. 
    I'm a big fan of open world. I do however miss a bit more linearity in gaming. This feels vastly different compared to many recent OW games. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cyberpunk 2077

Does it still play well on old gen consoles? I’ve bought the disc but I’m going to hold off playing through it until I have a console with a bit more firepower. 
  • Chunes said:
    I want to be excited for Cyberpunk but I'm just so burnt out on open-world games. If I see another icon on a map I think I'll cry. 
    I know what you mean. I couldn't play more than a couple of hours of RDR2 because there was just too much to do I think.

I know it's a couple of years old but I'm finding God of War to be the perfect balance, it's open world but I'm so invested in the story and it flows from 'mission' to mission so you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a linear game.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cyberpunk 2077

Yeah gotta agree. I downloaded the Xbox version... It's 60gb. I think you can get the PS4 version which you can upgrade to PS5 when that version releases? In fact, I am kicking myself a little on reflection for not doing that as I will be getting PS5 next year.
    I think you can yeah whilch is probably what I'll do. At least the PS5 upgrade is free. When GTA5 released cross-gen I was fuming as I'd bought the PS3 version on release and a few months later I couldn't play it on the PS4.
  • Chunes said:
    I know what you mean. I couldn't play more than a couple of hours of RDR2 because there was just too much to do I think.

I know it's a couple of years old but I'm finding God of War to be the perfect balance, it's open world but I'm so invested in the story and it flows from 'mission' to mission so you'd be forgiven for thinking it was a linear game.
    Only finished GOW over lockdown myself but I thought it was brilliant, even going off track to do the side missions and such felt like part of the larger story, rather than add-ons,like with RDR2 which made the story a bit more disjointed. That said I never actually finished RDR2 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    I've given up on Assassin's Creed Valhalla for this very reason. I was really enjoying it but it has become a real slog.
  • Got to call out loading times on CP just an early warning they can be LOOONG

• Chunes said:

Agree, God of War was perfect, it was open world but it felt like a setting to tell the story rather than a playground filled with content. 
  • The character creation is a hoot, seriously contemplated making an absolute babe on it but with a masculine voice and a big ol' swinger
  • I just went back to start the Assassin's Creed franchise from the first game. By the time I finish that, I'll know if Cyberpunk was an accurate depiction of 2077.  

I know it's a few months later, but if anyone is looking for multiplayer Switch games, I can recommend Lode Runner And the aforementioned Overcooked. Love In A Dangerous Spacetime is also decent for co-op playing.  

and has anyone else played Inside? One of my favourite games of all time now. Amazing piece of storytelling. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cyberpunk 2077

Finally picked up The outer world's forgetting how close this was to release, not sure I can wait... Or just power through 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cyberpunk 2077

Finally picked up The outer world's forgetting how close this was to release, not sure I can wait... Or just power through 
    Good game, but a bit shorter than I'd hoped. I'm going to focus on side content as much as I can on Cyberpunk, don't want to burn through the 17hr campaign.
  • Still working my way through Nier: Automata and started Control last weekend so they will keep me going through Xmas , I'll look at cyberpunk in the new year, heard the day one patch was nearly 40gb!!! , read a lot of stories about PCDR only allowing their own gameplay footage to be shown in reviews and only the PC version was used by reviewers so was expecting the console version to be pretty buggy but doesn't seem to be that bad.
  • edited December 2020
    Day 2 of Cyberpunk... Graphics seem to jump between Xbox 360 and Xbox one generation games... Probably because of the sheer size and detail of everything.

Bugs... Yes we've seen them a lot more... Especially crashes. Still a great story though...
  • Really excited for the spiritual sequel to left for dead, back 4 blood. Hopefully we can get a CL team of four to play online :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Day 2 of Cyberpunk... Graphics seem to jump between Xbox 360 and Xbox one generation games... Probably because of the sheer size and detail of everything.

Bugs... Yes we've seen them a lot more... Especially crashes. Still a great story though...
    I am really struggling to get into it. Gonna give it another crack tomorrow
  • Crazy to think Cyberpunk was due to release in April this year so was clearly made for PS4/Xbox one yet underperforms on those consoles from 90% of the articles I've read and it's virtually unplayable on the original Xbox apparently.

Got to feel sorry for those who don't read reviews etc, go off the hype and buy it not knowing that the playing experience won't be great if they have older hardware, I'm not sure the game having a good story would outweigh the bugs and crashes for me.

Maybe they should have only released on PC and the new gen console's to begin with and then older ones once the major bugs were fixed, pc and next gen pre order sales were 5 million of the 8 million total so it would still have broken most launch records.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I am really struggling to get into it. Gonna give it another crack tomorrow
    I found that at first, however I am really into my RPG's. It's more like Fallout or The Outer Worlds...

It's weird one minute it looks like an Xbox One game then the next it's struggling to be an Xbox 360 game... Didn't have any of this on day 1. Also experienced my first T pose npc last night... I'm about 8hrs in and am now focusing on side missions to drag the game out.

Will try and get some more time on it today, but weekends are pretty busy!
  • Not a gamer so don’t know if this is good for you guys but Assassin's Creed Unity is £4 on Ubisoft store. 

Saw it mentioned on another site  
  • I need 3 people with a PS4 and GTA to help.

I have recently started playing GTA online within the last week, never played it online before once I completed the main game I just left it.

But as I say I started playing online, now I tend to play on my own as otherwise to many arseholes randomly kill you lol and just try and get on with side businesses anf missions.

But I wanted to do the heists so I spent 800k on a facility then done the 3 prep missions, went to do the 3 set up mission before the heist and found out you cant do them alone.

So I set one up and have now sat waiting for 30 minutes whilst people have joint then left, joint then left.

I now just want to complete these 3 set up missions then the heist itself to get some of the 800k back from the facility then i will go back ti what I was doing before and leave heists alone lol.

So I need 3 players who will join with me in doing these 4 things 
  • edited December 2020
    I need 3 people with a PS4 and GTA to help.

I have recently started playing GTA online within the last week, never played it online before once I completed the main game I just left it.

But as I say I started playing online, now I tend to play on my own as otherwise to many arseholes randomly kill you lol and just try and get on with side businesses anf missions.

But I wanted to do the heists so I spent 800k on a facility then done the 3 prep missions, went to do the 3 set up mission before the heist and found out you cant do them alone.

So I set one up and have now sat waiting for 30 minutes whilst people have joint then left, joint then left.

I now just want to complete these 3 set up missions then the heist itself to get some of the 800k back from the facility then i will go back ti what I was doing before and leave heists alone lol.

The new GTA Island Heist that's released on Tuesday will have single player options.

• edited December 2020
    PopIcon said:
    I need 3 people with a PS4 and GTA to help.

The new GTA Island Heist that's released on Tuesday will have single player options.

Thats good to hear but I used pretty much all my funds gettings this facility lol, thats why I just want to get these 4 things done the 3 setup missions and the heist itself to recoup the money i used 
  • Digital Foundry's analysis of Cyberpunk Xbox One/X vs PS4/Pro, looks to me like CDPR delayed the release from April as they knew the old console's struggle to run it.

https://youtu.be/mVWJPYKCMco

• Digital Foundry's analysis of Cyberpunk Xbox One/X vs PS4/Pro, looks to me like CDPR delayed the release from April as they knew the old console's struggle to run it.

Xbox One certainly struggles, but by god the story in the game is fantastic. Really enjoying it. It seems to be running at about 720p comfortably now... 

Weirdly I haven't knowingly downloaded any updates... 19 hours in. Seeing fewer bugs too. 

• Dazzler21 said:
    Digital Foundry's analysis of Cyberpunk Xbox One/X vs PS4/Pro, looks to me like CDPR delayed the release from April as they knew the old console's struggle to run it.

Xbox One certainly struggles, but by god the story in the game is fantastic. Really enjoying it. It seems to be running at about 720p comfortably now... 

Weirdly I haven't knowingly downloaded any updates... 19 hours in. Seeing fewer bugs too. 

Have you seen the statement CDPR put out?

They basically said they didnt allow reviews for Xbox one and PS4 as they knew the game didn't play well and they will be releasing patches in Jan and Feb to make it playable!!!! They also said they will help anyone who purchased one of those versions get a refund but you need to get in touch before 21st December, I doubt they will be asking for the physical discs back so I can see people getting refunds and keeping the disc essentially getting the game for free.