Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020/21 Fixtures - Crewe away first game

Comments

• The CAFC derby nice
  • edited August 2020
    Tough start with these first 5 games. 

Crewe, Doncaster, Lincoln, Sunderland, Wigan

Edit: Ipswich is 5th game, Wigan 6th.
  • Tough set of games to open up the season with.
  • Tough start with these first 5 games. 

Really? Sunderland are the only team to worry about there. We were two leagues above Crewe last year, Doncaster are average, Lincoln are below average and Wigan will be playing 6 u-18’s.
  • Tough start with these first 5 games. 

Ipswich is the 5th then Wigan
  • Really tricky start to the season, I think we might be playing catch up like last time.
  • Typical first two away were the ones I haven’t been too.

any chance a vaccine in the next week...
  • Sponsored links:

• Sadly quite a few away games before Christmas that I imagine a lot of people were planning on going to
  • MattF said:
    Tough start with these first 5 games. 

Ipswich is the 5th then Wigan
    Thanks mate, I’d missed seeing Ipswich in the ‘excitement’
  • Really tricky start to the season, I think we might be playing catch up like last time.
    Nah we've already got a stronger squad than the one that played Sunderland in terms of experience
  • I wonder when Away fans will be allowed back. I assume it depends on how things look Oct- Dec. 

One thing for sure clubs want survive at 30% capacity all season. 
  • Looks like I won’t be doing any new grounds this season with Lincoln so early on. 
  • That end to the season is a LOT harder than the start!!

We could end up playing our promotion rivals every week after Lincoln (apart from Accrington)
  • edited August 2020
    Is it just me that thinks our fixtures have been an after thought. 

Home to Plymouth on Boxing Day.....wtf  ? How are any of their fans supposed to travel (if permitted by then)

Last 3 away games......Sunderland, Plymouth & Accrington. Some travelling needed there.
  • Final 3 away matches Sunderland, Plymouth & Accrington are new grounds for me. Hoping that we should be allowed to attend that. 
  • Gonna be a strange old season, so not too worried with what looks a tough start on paper. Salary cap and behind closed doors will have an effect on everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• The reality of league one setting in now
  • Is it just me that thinks our fixtures have been an after thought. 

Home to Plymouth on Boxing Day.....wtf  ? How are any of their fans supposed to travel (if permitted by then)

Last 3 away games......Sunderland, Plymouth & Accrington.
    Don't worry about away games before Xmas 
  • Is it just me that thinks our fixtures have been an after thought. 

Last 3 away games......Sunderland, Plymouth & Accrington. Some travelling needed there.
    The bastards at the EFL will see Boxing Day as a low attendance game because they think everyone will be celebrating Christmas

So instead of putting a local derby, put a game that no one would attend anyway because the attendance would be shit regardless is their excuse
  • Four Tuesday night home matches in 6 weeks between October & December. Can imagine those will be difficult to social distance. 

Plymouth at home on boxing day would be an unfair trip for their supporters (in usual times).

• Maybe I'm being paranoid but I get the impression the league have deliberately chosen our fixtures against Wigan to minimise any chance of some sort of joint protest. First one early on when no away fans will attend and the second on a Tuesday night in March.
  • Gillingham at home on Feb 13th ... my 40th anniversary match.

It would have been better if it had been Ipswich away as that was my first match.
  • shine166 said:
    Is it just me that thinks our fixtures have been an after thought. 

Last 3 away games......Sunderland, Plymouth & Accrington.
    Don't worry about away games before Xmas 
    agreed. think Jan 21 might be when away fans are allowed but that is dependent on the situation. 

I know there are much more important things but got to say I am really starting to miss aways and not knowing when they may be. 
  • I  was SOOOOO looking forward to seeing us @ Lincoln .. now a cert to be crowd free ((:<)