Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2020/21 Fixtures - Crewe away first game

Comments

• Just a reminder that the 9th January (Accrington at home) is the FA Cup third round as well

So we'll be playing Accrington in the League
    How can you be sure Accrington won't make the third round?
  • I  was SOOOOO looking forward to seeing us @ Lincoln .. now a cert to be crowd free ((:<)
    And me!
  • shine166 said:
    Ross said:
    I wonder how many season tickets we have sold or will sell by October. If say home fans only between 6k-8k allowed in should cover all season ticket holders. 
    With social distancing, how will they allocate tickets? If 4000 of the 6000 have bought in the north stand, will they want to be moved to the east?
    The T&C already say youl be moved for social distancing, very few ppl will be in the actual seat theyve purchased. The JS will have fans in too.. good if the drummer is in there as there's better acoustics 
    Surely buy the cheapest seat then as there's a chance you'll be moved to a more expensive seat with a better view?
  • Just a reminder that the 9th January (Accrington at home) is the FA Cup third round as well

So we'll be playing Accrington in the League
    Postponed as Accrington will be away to Manchester City

We'll go out in the second round, losing 1-0 to Budleigh Salterton AFC
  • October looks tough, September is favorable I would say.
  • That’s a looong 4 away games to see the season in.... (if it finishes that is)

:-(
    The longer the better
  • I wonder how many season tickets we have sold or will sell by October. If say home fans only between 6k-8k allowed in should cover all season ticket holders. 
    Yes but for social distancing move seats as appropriate 
  • Wanted all the grim away fixtures this side of xmas when away fans won't be let in like Fleetwood, Accrington, Hull etc. So what do we get? Crewe, Lincoln, Portsmouth, Gillingham and Northampton all guaranteed to be good turnouts where not a single Charlton fan will be there!
  • RedChaser said:
    Damn, Crewe would have been one of the few clubs still to visit and only half an hours drive for me as well 😒.
    Apply for a groundstaff job. Sorted.
  • if we can keep hold of bowyer the season does not bother me - i think with him at the helm we will be top 6 - its better than struggling in the championship week in week out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Lincoln and Accrington are new grounds for me.  Obvs not gonna get to Lincoln which is annoying, but hoping by May next year Accrington will be possible 
  • Ross said:
    shine166 said:
    Ross said:
    I wonder how many season tickets we have sold or will sell by October. If say home fans only between 6k-8k allowed in should cover all season ticket holders. 
    With social distancing, how will they allocate tickets? If 4000 of the 6000 have bought in the north stand, will they want to be moved to the east?
    The T&C already say youl be moved for social distancing, very few ppl will be in the actual seat theyve purchased. The JS will have fans in too.. good if the drummer is in there as there's better acoustics 
    Surely buy the cheapest seat then as there's a chance you'll be moved to a more expensive seat with a better view?
    I suppose, you'll be knackered in Feb though when you're used to being sat at the back of west with a flask... but you're 2 rows from the pitch getting soaked in the covered end ! Realistically the only people being moved stands are likely to be the covered end. 

• Is this working for anyone 

Tried it twice, it said it synced but nothing in my phones calendar
  • October on paper looks like a tough month, and the tail end of the season 
  • Got my eye on Blackpool this year, I feel they're the team who will be the surprise package 
  • Wonder how they'll decide which fans can attend
    The first 50 people to like your post! 
    lol! Sensible approach would be to contact the 1000 ST holders that live closest to the Valley so will require the least travel
    Sue Parkes is the first name out of the hat :smile:
  • Ross said:
    Wonder how they'll decide which fans can attend
    Ballot perhaps? Put yourself forward and they pull 1000 names out of the hat. Only fair way.
    The fairest way is to allow the first 1000 supporters who bought season tickets and showed commitment to support the team. 

Yes, I am one of those....... 
  • If Plymouth wanted a local fixture on Boxing Day they shouldn’t be based out of the arse end of nowhere (no offence to any Charlton fans living in Plymouth of course).
  • Sponsored links:

• Apologies ifs it’s been said already but seeing the fixture list has just pissed me off. SWFC should be playing L1, not us. This just hit home how the EFL is run by wankers. Not to mention Lyle fucking no show Taylor let us down. Football can just do one at the moment. 
  • Sorry for the language. 
  • I would have told them to fuck off. The EFL aren't doing us any favours atm so why should we do them any & there is no loyalty between clubs anymore. I bet Lincoln were one of the clubs who voted for the salary cap.....so fuck 'em. I'm expecting that the game is on the Thursday due to it being on Sky, so Lincoln are getting paid for it. 
  • Oxford time also moved......back to 7pm. 
  • Am quite surprised everyone has gone back to the 3pm fixtures even for Saturdays

Of course in our last few games in the Championship we kicked off @ 12:30pm on a Saturday and even 6pm (?) on a weeknight

With no fans still allowed for the time being, am surprised clubs arent going back to that setup to allow for more time to prepare for each game that comes next
  • Blackpool game next Tuesday has been brought forward to 7pm