Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

********CL June 2020 Chess.com Tournament**********

13»

Comments

• Options
    So sorry folks, I’ve just realised that I timed out of my last game, bit of a damp squib way to finish. It was a close one too with the post match analysis tool putting me only marginally ahead after the last move. 

It was a busy day for me yesterday, early golf, of course the football plus family in the afternoon/early evening and I just simply forgot the chess. Again I can only apologise and, if I can’t keep to the time, then I deserved to lose.

Anyway, thanks @Red_in_SE8 for arranging and well done to @Talal on the win.
  • Options
    That's not a good way to win! Let's call it a draw. 
  • Options
    Thanks to @Red_in_SE8 for organising and everyone else for good games, except those in which I dropped massive clangers (fewer than the last tournament, but still too many). I tend to play too fast even though there's no rush - I need to slow down and consider outcomes more carefully.

Very much enjoyed it, and would happily sign up next time so everyone is sure to score a point or two.

• Options
    Confused here.
    There seems to be a round 2 going on.
  • Options
    According to the message I have advanced to the next round with only three players in it. Me, Talal, and Charente.
    I mean have some mercy around here!

• Options
    Ok.....I had forgotten this was still going! Above is the final table. Talal and Charente completely dominant again and Seth consolidating his third place from the previous tournament. 

Looks like I made a mess with the Tournament settings....there was not meant to be second round. Perhaps you 3 could complete the second round....otherwise it will show permanently as an incomplete tournament. 

When you have finished I will schedule another tournament later in the summer. Maybe this time allow vacation time or make it minimum 1 move every 3 days. There seemed to be some ‘time out’ issues this time round.
  • Options
    3 days for a move would be great. Some days in the week I struggle with one day a month - looking for a house at moment but playing golf is the major constraint.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the tournament. Thanks to all and in particular @Red_in_SE8
  • Options
    I see Talal has timed out on a couple. Why don’t we all time out on games on this so @Red_in_SE8 can start up a new tourney, hopefully with 3 days a move?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry I should've said that I didn't fancy another tournament right now. 
  • Options
    Fair enough.
    I will let this one drift away.
    (Much to Talal's relief) ;)