Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

********CL June 2020 Chess.com Tournament**********

13»

Comments

• So sorry folks, I’ve just realised that I timed out of my last game, bit of a damp squib way to finish. It was a close one too with the post match analysis tool putting me only marginally ahead after the last move. 

It was a busy day for me yesterday, early golf, of course the football plus family in the afternoon/early evening and I just simply forgot the chess. Again I can only apologise and, if I can’t keep to the time, then I deserved to lose.

Anyway, thanks @Red_in_SE8 for arranging and well done to @Talal on the win.
  • That's not a good way to win! Let's call it a draw. 
  • Thanks to @Red_in_SE8 for organising and everyone else for good games, except those in which I dropped massive clangers (fewer than the last tournament, but still too many). I tend to play too fast even though there's no rush - I need to slow down and consider outcomes more carefully.

Very much enjoyed it, and would happily sign up next time so everyone is sure to score a point or two.

• Confused here.
    There seems to be a round 2 going on.
  • According to the message I have advanced to the next round with only three players in it. Me, Talal, and Charente.
    I mean have some mercy around here!

• Ok.....I had forgotten this was still going! Above is the final table. Talal and Charente completely dominant again and Seth consolidating his third place from the previous tournament. 

Looks like I made a mess with the Tournament settings....there was not meant to be second round. Perhaps you 3 could complete the second round....otherwise it will show permanently as an incomplete tournament. 

When you have finished I will schedule another tournament later in the summer. Maybe this time allow vacation time or make it minimum 1 move every 3 days. There seemed to be some ‘time out’ issues this time round.
  • 3 days for a move would be great. Some days in the week I struggle with one day a month - looking for a house at moment but playing golf is the major constraint.
  • Enjoyed the tournament. Thanks to all and in particular @Red_in_SE8
  • I see Talal has timed out on a couple. Why don’t we all time out on games on this so @Red_in_SE8 can start up a new tourney, hopefully with 3 days a move?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry I should've said that I didn't fancy another tournament right now. 
  • Fair enough.
    I will let this one drift away.
    (Much to Talal's relief) ;)