Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs can reopen from 4th July

Comments

• Options

Had a pint and some food in The Woolpack, Iwade around 6pm. Not exactly heaving. 2 or 3 people inside, just us and one other group outside
  • Options
    Do we have to clap for barstaff now?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    My local opening at 12.01 bring it on... 
    Not allowed to open til 6am so they'll be shut down
    Sam are you back to stacking baked beans later or making cocktails going forward? 
    Don't stack baked beans anyway I work on tills, customer service or queue management. My bar has opened 3 of the 9 sites in London but not my bar, and whilst I'm glad places are reopening I'm not pleased with the way in which many places are treating it like some kind of NYE party, as IF the virus is afoot in those areas it will spread like wildfire (though it remains to be seen as it'll take a week or 2 for the spikes to show and by then the borders to 40+ countries will also be open meaning tracking the source of outbreaks will be incredibly hard)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    clb74 said:

@clb74 were the fruit machines on mate 😃
  • Options
    Felt good to get a decent ale/beer/wine in a glass over in Ramsgate sitting up at Albion House.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Spent half a day at the Mossy Well Wetherspoons yesterday, then the other half at the Toll Gate Spoons. It was glorious - it was no different from normal.

We did visit a non-wetherspoons pub in-between which was properly enforcing the rules, but it was so boring and slow that we didn't stay for another one.
    Imagine waiting all this time for pubs to reopen and then spending your day/money in spoons. 
    The Mossy Well is actually very nice! Spoons threw a load of money at it when renovating it and it shows. Nice garden too. The Toll Gate on the other hand is pretty grim. Full of the dregs of Turnpike Lane/Wood Green...I drink in there sometimes haha! I can only assume @cafcnick1992 was pissed by the time he got there and was just happy to be out on the lash, no matter where he was :-)
  • Options

Went into two pubs over the weekend and in both the barmaid asked for my name and telephone number.

I've still got it baby!!   :D

Wish I could say the same. Gave my number to an hairy arsed bloke in an Hawaiian shirt.
  • Options
    Boom said:

Went into two pubs over the weekend and in both the barmaid asked for my name and telephone number.

I've still got it baby!!   :D

Wish I could say the same. Gave my number to an hairy arsed bloke in an Hawaiian shirt.

When did you find out, his arse was hairy?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    clb74 said:

@clb74 were the fruit machines on mate 😃
    Don't know mate the wife was with me.
  • Options
    i drove passed the spoons in Petts Wood around 7 this evening and it was quite busy standing and seating outside.
    How does it wotk then? If i fancied a pint and say there was a table free can i just sit down and order or do i have to download the app 1st or what? Appreciate all local pubs will be different procedures but using spoons for example. Dont wanna look like a plumb if there is some new procedure or ettquette involved. Without asking everybody standing if they are waiting for a table or not.
  • Options
    i drove passed the spoons in Petts Wood around 7 this evening and it was quite busy standing and seating outside.
    How does it wotk then? If i fancied a pint and say there was a table free can i just sit down and order or do i have to download the app 1st or what? Appreciate all local pubs will be different procedures but using spoons for example. Dont wanna look like a plumb if there is some new procedure or ettquette involved. Without asking everybody standing if they are waiting for a table or not.
    I imagine there won't be a single way of operating. On Friday and Saturday nights you may have to reserve a table and timeslot, but if you fancy a Tuesday afternoon session and triple chicken feast, you'll probably be able to walk straight in!

I'm assuming the Apps will be encouraged rather than compulsory, previously the Wetherspoon wasn't able to cope with Guest Ales anyway so wasn't much use for me.
  • Options
    Coronavirus: Pubs close again after punters test positive for COVID-19
    http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-pubs-close-again-after-punters-test-positive-for-covid-19-12022747

I wonder if we’ll see more of this?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shame it’s not real, it’s from a Twitter account tweeting as if he’s a modern day writer.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/taverns-gadabouts-samuel-pepys/
  • Options
    spoilsport  :/
  • Options
    http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-pubs-close-again-after-punters-test-positive-for-covid-19-12022747

Gotta be careful , I’ve seen on a pub forum that after receiving a call from a “customer” that he’d been tested positive and been drinking in his local pub the owner suspects after a tip off that said “customer” was one of the staff from another local pub making the call on behalf of the other landlord to close the other pub
  • Options

Also reading on same forum how impressed everyone is with what truly is a world beating track & trace system, that 2nd pub in the article has received a phone call Monday from a customer testing positive so presumably they had the test before/at the weekend to get the results Monday , they then had all their staff contacted & tested & shut the pub within around 12hr
  • Options

From their website:- https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/contact/faqs/covid19/uk-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

No. It is not in our plan to require customers to book a table, ahead of visiting.At busy times, to manage numbers, a designated staff member will be asked to stay at the entrance door.

With capacity restricted, we may be full on Friday and Saturday evenings, but won’t be during Sunday–Thursday... Monday is the new Saturday! .

Customers are being encouraged to order using the Wetherspoon app, where possible, directly from their table.

Where unable to order from the table (ie they have no smart phone), customers are able to order from one of the designated till points at the bar. However, customers may not remain at the bar, once they have ordered and paid – they should return to their table. .

While it is neither a legal requirement for you to provide this information when visiting our pubs nor an insistence by us that you do, NHS Test and Trace is an important tool for the NHS in the fight against the spread of COVID-19 – and we encourage all customers to complete a form

• Options

Also reading on same forum how impressed everyone is with what truly is a world beating track & trace system, that 2nd pub in the article has received a phone call Monday from a customer testing positive so presumably they had the test before/at the weekend to get the results Monday , they then had all their staff contacted & tested & shut the pub within around 12hr
    I’ve looked & can see no evidence of these claims so it would seem a lot of rumours/fake news around this.
    I was hoping if someone tested positive & they had been in the pub the official track n trace people would ring not a customer 
  • Options

I’ve looked & can see no evidence of these claims so it would seem a lot of rumours/fake news around this.
    I was hoping if someone tested positive & they had been in the pub the official track n trace people would ring not a customer 
    If the positive result was received on Monday, then I presume that the test was taken before the weekend, so why was that person in a pub at the weekend?
  • Options
    They are limiting numbers but if you are allowed in you just go to the bar and order in the usual manner.
  • Options

If the positive result was received on Monday, then I presume that the test was taken before the weekend, so why was that person in a pub at the weekend?
    And therein lies the problem I guess , no matter what’s in place some selfish arsehole will ruin it for everyone