Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Warnock lives in Cornwall. That's only a 846 mile round trip for each training session. If he sets off at 3.00am he should just about make it for a 10.00am start.
    I reckon he'll allocated a wing in Gibson's mansion and a bonus of £1 Million (at least) if he gets them safe ((:>)
  • Woodgate to join his mate Bowyer as first team coach at Charlton.

You read it here first
    And last 😂
  • edited June 2020
    Oops
  • Leuth said:
    They still have the same shit players. Not a given they'll be fine
    Our best hope is that he doesn't have enough time to organise them. 8 games in a month, so training ground time will be at a premium with the need for recovery between games.

You read it here first
    more than enough fragile sick notes bunging up the treatment room already, don't need that lanky plank bunging up the place as well, specially as even our British players would need an interpreter for his impregnable mangling of the language
  • Would happily take Woodgate here as a coach below Bowyer, it would allow Jacko the be free’d up a little and focus on more detailed things, all of this as long as he can bring Dijksteel back with him, that’ll be nice. 
  • edited June 2020
    Leuth said:
    They still have the same shit players. Not a given they'll be fine
    Our best hope is that he doesn't have enough time to organise them. 8 games in a month, so training ground time will be at a premium with the need for recovery between games.
    That is my hope. He has to work out the issues, gain buy in and turn it around in no time. I'm sure given time he would do it, but does he have time now? It could do more harm than good. Might have been a good idea to do it at the beginning of lockdown.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53234423

Sol Campbell leaves Southend

I'd forgotten that Hermann Hreidarsson and Andy Cole were coaches there, if only the players had half the talent of the management team!

You read it here first
    I would rather spend those wages on a good centre forward
  • Sponsored links:

• I suspect Michael O'Neill at Stoke might be putting his house on the market sooner rather than later.
  • MrLargo said:
    I suspect Michael O'Neill at Stoke might be putting his house on the market sooner rather than later.
    Fingers crossed not. Can't be dealing with these big spenders all bringing in relegation heroes. Big Sam will rock up at Huddersfield next
  • Bolton have named Ian Evett from Barrow as their new Manager

Hate it when promoted team lose their managers... They deserve a chance to continue their good work 
  • Bristol City have sacked Lee Johnson
  • Bristol City have sacked Lee Johnson
    Wow. On a terrible run, but surprised they didn't wait until the summer

They play Hull, Boro and Stoke next so hopefully they'll bring in Sir Alex Ferguson as an interim manager and not Karel Fraeye!
  • Chris Houghton in at Ashton Gate?
  • seems as if the majority of Bristol City fans are glad that he has gone. odd timing as he has done some good things there but they expect to be in the play offs. 
  • They were shit today against Cardiff
  • Sponsored links:

• Bolton have named Ian Evett from Barrow as their new Manager

Hate it when promoted team lose their managers... They deserve a chance to continue their good work 
    Bolton Wanderers.

Premier league to paying compensation for a manager from Barrow in just 8 years.
  • Ryan Lowe the early favourite 

Promotion with Bury from League 2
    Promotion with Plymouth from League 2

Certainly appears likeable on social media and when I have seen him on Sky as well
  • jams said:
    I'm surprised they've sacked Johnson but can't say I'll be shedding a tear, always been a massive bellend
    Lost 7 and drawn 2 of last 9 games 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53298248

It looks like Micky Mellon will leave Tranmere to take over at Dundee United
  • Chris Houghton has put his name forward for the City job according to Sky. He would be a great choice.
  • Redrobo said:
    Chris Houghton has put his name forward for the City job according to Sky. He would be a great choice.
    Man City's owners are upset that they only finished second this year, and want to bring in a more defensive manager
  • edited July 2020
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hughton hadn't already been lined up I'm not sure if it was Sky or Quest where his name was mentioned as a possible replacement.
  • edited July 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Chris Houghton has put his name forward for the City job according to Sky. He would be a great choice.
    Funnily, apart from the Manchester club, I thought you actually meant the Birmingham job, as that will be vacant at the end of the season!

Hughton would be an excellent choice at Brizzle, interesting that he's turned down FIVE offers from Championship clubs already, I wonder who there were? Millwall and Cardiff?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11726/12022513/chris-hughton-wants-the-bristol-city-job-after-14-months-out-of-management