Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Virtual Pub

I have no idea how to set one of these up - but seems a good idea?

Comments

• What would it include?  There is an app called "house party" - not the same of course but you can multi screen your computer and get all your mates to dial in and get pissed together...
  • edited March 2020
    Would I be able to knock out all my hoarded stuff in this virtual pub from my council flat to supplement my benefits?

(Which is just a joke, for the challenged amongst you)
  • What would it include?  There is an app called "house party" - not the same of course but you can multi screen your computer and get all your mates to dial in and get pissed together...
    Dunno - just saw that there was such a thing.  A pub quiz, some conversation?  I haven't really thought it through...if you had 30 people all online at once it probably wouldn't work would it?
  • Oh well.  Back to sitting in a corner with a beer and a book....
  • edited March 2020
    Off_it said:
    Would I be able to knock out all my hoarded stuff in this virtual pub from my council flat to supplement my benefits?

when you 've worked off the period of being barred
  • Off_it said:

when you 've worked off the period of being barred
    Ah man, I'm barred already?

• There's no bloody paper or soap in the toilet!!!!
  • If someone knows how to maybe we could try to set it up and see how it goes?
  • Sponsored links:

• So so far we've got one person who wants to sell stolen goods and one other who thinks it's all a bit fake and wants to start a fight and me sitting in the corner with a book.

Looking good.
    What beers have they got on?

I'm not coming if it's just pissy lager.

PS: Are you still in deepest darkest Cornwall, mate?

• edited March 2020
    Off_it said:
    So so far we've got one person who wants to sell stolen goods and one other who thinks it's all a bit fake and wants to start a fight and me sitting in the corner with a book.

Looking good.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but if you got your head out of that book you would notice that the other two people are both me!

And I'm barred!
    Oh Yeh.  You're both barred. 

Get aht.

And don't come back.
  • edited March 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    So so far we've got one person who wants to sell stolen goods and one other who thinks it's all a bit fake and wants to start a fight and me sitting in the corner with a book.

Looking good.

Yeh. Par. Was in Northampton and Exeter for 3 years after my training company got hit by Local authority cuts then back 2 years ago...

You're in Saltash aren't you?

oh...Lagunitas IPA, St Austell milkshake IPA, Blue Moon and Peroni grande reserva doppio malto  
  • Plod... So difficult to find a decent Mild or Old Ale.... 
    Ooh. A Virtual Pub...
    Hoping that there's one, or the other, here...
    Oh, my goodness. Mild AND Old Ale. Cheers!
    Are they vegan?
    ;-) 
  • Off_it said:
    Plod... So difficult to find a decent Mild or Old Ale.... 
    Ooh. A Virtual Pub...
    Are they vegan?
    ;-) 
    Oi! I've told you! Aht!
  • Off_it said:
    Plod... So difficult to find a decent Mild or Old Ale.... 
    Ooh. A Virtual Pub...
    Are they vegan?
    ;-) 
    Oi! I've told you! Aht!
    You see, that's the dilemma. Part of you doesn't want me in the pub, but the other part of you knows that I'm your best (and currently only) customer.
  • edited March 2020
    I didn't want to run a pub. I just wanted there to be one.

I'll just drink alone at home as usual.

Here's the keys. Lock up when you've finished.

• Off_it said:
    We had something like this with my work colleagues earlier. 49 people on a Skype video call all with a drink of their choice in their hands.

Truth be told it was horrific. People trying way too hard to be "funny" in that very polite way that just sounds far too superficial. No doubt everyone will say it was a great success because nobody wants to be the one to give the bad news, so we will probably have another one next week. 

I think the only way to put paid to it might be for someone to go proper Guns of the Navarone, get drunk, start swearing and telling "blue" jokes. I may just be the person to take one for the team .....

Really? Did something similar with my team yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Not the same as going to the pub on a Thursday (our normal thing) but a decent alternative. That being said none of our guys have to try too hard to be funny and definitely none are superficial! 

Well up for a Charlton “virtual pub” we aren’t even in full lockdown in London yet and I feel like I’m climbing the walls! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone got the tech knowhow?
  • Oggy Red said:

Looking good.

Yeh. Par. Was in Northampton and Exeter for 3 years after my training company got hit by Local authority cuts then back 2 years ago...

oh...Lagunitas IPA, St Austell milkshake IPA, Blue Moon and Peroni grande reserva doppio malto  
    I've got friends at St Blazey, not so far from you. I've never lived at Saltash, I'm out on the Rame Peninsula, Whitsand Bay area.

I know Proper Job, Trib, HSD and all that ...... but what the bleddy 'ell is St Austell milkshake IPA?

• edited March 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:

Looking good.

I've got friends at St Blazey, not so far from you. I've never lived at Saltash, I'm out on the Rame Peninsula, Whitsand Bay area.

I know Proper Job, Trib, HSD and all that ...... but what the bleddy 'ell is St Austell milkshake IPA?

It's lovely. One of the small run brews they do. Had it on draught at St Austell Brewery centre for a while. 5.5% and frighteningly easy to drink...few months ago found myself weaving down the hill to the station at 6pm after 4 pints...

I vaguely remember us discussing going to see CAFC at Yeovil. Stuck in my head as "near Saltash". 
  • Anyone got the tech knowhow?
    It's pretty simple mate, one app you could use is called 'Zoom' schedule a meeting, open the room, put the code here, everyone can join and share their mic/camera.

• There's no bloody paper or soap in the toilet!!!!
    Is Charlie, the cloakroom attendant there?
  • Sorry guys, virtual pub closed for the foreseeable, just in case you get the virtual virus, Strapix-19.
  • Might do a 'pub quiz' on here one night if anyone is interested?

Basically all sit down and have a drink at home, a chat about what you're all drinking, doing, and I'll set some questions?  

Let me know and I'll think about how it might work!

Great idea.