Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Virtual Pub

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Might do a 'pub quiz' on here one night if anyone is interested?

Basically all sit down and have a drink at home, a chat about what you're all drinking, doing, and I'll set some questions?  

Let me know and I'll think about how it might work!
    I assume use of Google will be banned but is it ok if my Mrs takes part mate? 😉
  • Options
    Zoom allows you to have up to 50 people in on it. I'm seeing my lot at 8pm tonight for a beer!

https://zoom.us/
  • Options
    Have you got those Bacon Bites things that were just like Frazzles? They used to be great...
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Basically all sit down and have a drink at home, a chat about what you're all drinking, doing, and I'll set some questions?  

I assume use of Google will be banned but is it ok if my Mrs takes part mate? 😉
    Haha yeah, I'll have to take no cheating on trust.

You'd only be cheating yourselves....

And there'd be no prize anyway so a bit pointless!!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    Presumably for that authentic Wetherspoons feel and smell, you'd have to screw a little number to the table, rip the (empty) toilet roll holder off the wall, place some used chewing gum under your chair and pour some indeterminate but very sticky substance over the bar lounge carpet?
    There's no way am I ruining my dining table, I'm out 😉
  • Options
    So so far we've got one person who wants to sell stolen goods and one other who thinks it's all a bit fake and wants to start a fight and me sitting in the corner with a book.

Looking good.
    Just like a normal pub in Dartford.

Except for the book, of course.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    We need a name for our own virtual pub.

May I be the first to make a suggestion, the "Ilic Arms"?
  • Options
    "The Fanny at the Valley"?
  • Options
    Come along drink up it’s way past closing time.

Haven't any of you got home to go to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    Zoom allows you to have up to 50 people in on it. I'm seeing my lot at 8pm tonight for a beer!

https://zoom.us/
    It's 100, isn't it?
  • Options
    What would it include?  There is an app called "house party" - not the same of course but you can multi screen your computer and get all your mates to dial in and get pissed together...
    Dunno - just saw that there was such a thing.  A pub quiz, some conversation?  I haven't really thought it through...if you had 30 people all online at once it probably wouldn't work would it?
    To be honest, the pub quiz I was thinking if doing wouldn't be by video, just a thread on here but with everyone having a drink (alcoholic or soft for the teetotalers), and a chat, with the quiz element too.
  • Options

Need to get @Riviera back as our friendly, genial landlord.

Talking of which I could murder a pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    We had something like this with my work colleagues earlier. 49 people on a Skype video call all with a drink of their choice in their hands.

Truth be told it was horrific. People trying way too hard to be "funny" in that very polite way that just sounds far too superficial. No doubt everyone will say it was a great success because nobody wants to be the one to give the bad news, so we will probably have another one next week. 

I think the only way to put paid to it might be for someone to go proper Guns of the Navarone, get drunk, start swearing and telling "blue" jokes. I may just be the person to take one for the team .....

Really? Did something similar with my team yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Not the same as going to the pub on a Thursday (our normal thing) but a decent alternative. That being said none of our guys have to try too hard to be funny and definitely none are superficial! 

Well up for a Charlton “virtual pub” we aren’t even in full lockdown in London yet and I feel like I’m climbing the walls! 
    When do we discover @Off_it and @se9addick work on the same team?

#Awks 

Nah, we’d know by now. Being a Charlton fan means you have to be really awkwardly introduced to any other person in your organisation who has a passing interest in us. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Kahoot is good for quizzes. But the free version is limited to ten people at a time.  I've got some that I did for my family at Christmas.  I could put them up later if anyone fancies it.

https://create.kahoot.it

Edit - might need a bit more thought that one.  Not sure how to share my screen in real time.  
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    On second thoughts, maybe we could use the poll facility on Charlton Life to run quizzes. 

Scotch that. It would only be good for one question.
  • Options
    I was thinking maybe pair people up and swap answers to mark over messaging?
  • Options
    All this talking ,any chance of a beer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    clb74 said:
    Sorry sir, I was in the back.

Absolutely.

What would you like?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Off_it said:
    We had something like this with my work colleagues earlier. 49 people on a Skype video call all with a drink of their choice in their hands.

Truth be told it was horrific. People trying way too hard to be "funny" in that very polite way that just sounds far too superficial. No doubt everyone will say it was a great success because nobody wants to be the one to give the bad news, so we will probably have another one next week. 

I think the only way to put paid to it might be for someone to go proper Guns of the Navarone, get drunk, start swearing and telling "blue" jokes. I may just be the person to take one for the team .....

Really? Did something similar with my team yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Not the same as going to the pub on a Thursday (our normal thing) but a decent alternative. That being said none of our guys have to try too hard to be funny and definitely none are superficial! 

Well up for a Charlton “virtual pub” we aren’t even in full lockdown in London yet and I feel like I’m climbing the walls! 
    When do we discover @Off_it and @se9addick work on the same team?

#Awks 

Nah, we’d know by now. Being a Charlton fan means you have to be really awkwardly introduced to any other person in your organisation who has a passing interest in us. 
    "Who do you support?"
    "Charlton"
    "Who"
    "Charlton. It's a place in South East London, near Green witch?"
    "Oh right. Cosmic...."
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Sorry sir, I was in the back.

Absolutely.

What would you like?
    Fosters please 
  • Options
    Seems good, I know @seth plum has been dying to have a pint with me, this could be a good workaround. 
  • Options
    Has this pub got a seperate kitchen for vegans?
  • Options
    The dart board is free. Anyone up for a game of cricket?
  • Options
    Its quiet in here today
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    clb74 said:
    Its quiet in here today
    Everyones in the back room watching the Charlton game.  Come on in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GdLMMrbyCY