Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Workplace chat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51261999

Just so you all know what is expected of you.😑

Comments

• Seems to be implying that the pretty little air heads don't know anything about football?  In my open plan office we have a QPR and Arsenal females who are more knowledgeable and attend more games than the lads.

• Internalised misogyny; dog-whistle provocative article on something none of us would have given a second thought; ignorance of half the workforce...

I could go on. How the hell is this a news item?
  • Not sure @Len\'s_little_girl would agree with this nonsense or either of my other two daughters for that matter even though they are not as sporty as @Len\'s_little_girl

Some people are natural control freaks.
  • Unbelievable.
  • 1905 said:
    Seems to be implying that the pretty little air heads don't know anything about football?  In my open plan office we have a QPR and Arsenal females who are more knowledgeable and attend more games than the lads.

Slappers!
  • edited January 2020
    I've got extremely good social awareness skills and gauge the folk I engage with with awesome precision, this is why I always talk to treacles about the washing up, preparing tea and darning socks
  • Sponsored links:

• In one of our departmental offices, the woman manager in charge of everything she could see, had the solution to all laddish talk and any conversation that would marginalize an individual. 
    She banned all talking that was not work related and any that was not related to the persons specific role. I didn't work or have many dealings with her but was very happy when she retired to her own miserable existence.
  • What a load of sexist b*****ks. On one hand, there was an issue of not enough coverage of female sport (including football and cricket) now they want talk of it banned. 
    The wheels came off the workplace when people started buying drinks from coffee shops and the tea club died
    And don’t get me started on the days of a 3 hour lunch down the pub 😀
  • edited January 2020
    3blokes said:
    There are so many assumptions in that article, it is breathtaking. 
    Exactly. Also one of the most sexist comments I've read for a long time. Imagine a man saying..."I don't want all the women talking about Love Island, make up & clothes".
  • Need to ban people talking completely.
  • Need to ban people talking completely.
    That bloody William Wilberforce eh?
  • Articles like this do my fucking head in. One or two absolute nutters say it should be banned is meaningless. Its complete clickbait. No sane and rational person would care about this. 

Although if you work with a Millwall or Palace fan I could see why you'd want chat banned.... 
  • See Harry Enfield - Women, know your place. 
  • What a f*#king ignorant arsehole. Unbelievable. 
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a serious point to be made here actually... Ann Francke is a numpty
  • I take it we can also therefore ban talk about soaps, reality tv, daytime tv (especially, although definitely not restricted to, Loose Women), shopping and just general gossip! :wink:  
  • TelMc32 said:
    I take it we can also therefore ban talk about soaps, reality tv, daytime tv (especially, although definitely not restricted to, Loose Women), shopping and just general gossip! :wink:  
    Having spent my entire working life (BG -before goats) with mainly hairy arsed geezers, if you ban all that lot Tel, they’d have feck all to talk about!!!
  • I truly believe that Anne Francke would surely shit her pants if she had to endure a week of HMPS banter. What world do these people live in?
  • .... in case anyone was wondering, this is a Pasloader and it fires 4" nails, using blanks -

• I truly believe that Anne Francke would surely shit her pants if she had to endure a week of HMPS banter. What world do these people live in?
    Or an MPS canteen 😳