Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

coming up on Film4 ...

edited January 2020 in Not Sports Related
Film4 is not available on catchup - once you've missed a film that's usually it.
So I'm hoping when anyone has any recommenations for anything coming up on Film4 they can post them in advance here .....
Here are a couple:

Saturday 4th: Ghostbusters (2016 remake), not seen it, mixed reviews I think.
Monday 6th: Girl On The Train (2016) is not bad

Comments

• Both terrible films, that said Film4 do show some decent stuff.

https://www.channel4.com/tv-guide?intcmp=film4_ippage_watch_live_p3_tv_guide
  • Haven’t seen the new Ghostbusters but enjoyed Girl on the Train. Certainly not terrible. 
  • Read the book of Girl on the train and thought it was alright. Film was garbage though. 
  • Salad said:
    Film4 is not available on catchup - once you've missed a film that's usually it.
    So I'm hoping when anyone has any recommenations for anything coming up on Film4 they can post them in advance here .....
    Here are a couple:

That version of Ghostbusters is pure tripe.
  • they seemed the best two I could see coming up, must be a lull period following the likes of Wilderpeople and Reservoir Dogs over Christmas.
  • Talal said:
    Read the book of Girl on the train and thought it was alright. Film was garbage though. 
    Agreed, even changed the bloody country!
  • Talal said:
    Read the book of Girl on the train and thought it was alright. Film was garbage though. 
    Thought both were bad!
  • Some Film4 stuff is available on All4 - Looking for Eric is well worth a watch. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Salad said:
    the brilliant "Get Out" is on Thursday 9p.m.

Brilliant film.
  • Glovepup said:
    Salad said:

Brilliant film.
    Overrated in my opinion. Is okay, but wouldn't watch again.
  • Salad said:
    Here are a couple:

Firstly Film4 has Film4+1 and moreover I cannot imagine any film shown on this channel is not available on Sky, Netflix, Amazon or any of the many other streaming services around in 2020.
  • Film4 has gone downhill recently imo.
    But we still rely on it a bit for movies as no Sky Movies, Amazon or Netflix.
    The Girl on the Train stage play with Sam Womack (was Janis) was exceptional. Didn’t realise it was her until the interval, her acting was superb.
  • Silver Linings Playbook on at 01:15 tonight - any good?
  • Son of Saul is currently available on iPlayer, BBC 4 I believe. Proper horror.
  • Salad said:
    Silver Linings Playbook on at 01:15 tonight - any good?
    I really liked it. Bradley Cooper unrecognisable from, say, American Sniper, and Jennifer Lawrence very different from Hunger Games etc.
    Not to everyone's taste, but I remember it being an absorbing character-driven film.

• PopIcon said:
    Son of Saul is currently available on iPlayer, BBC 4 I believe. Proper horror.
    Now there’s a film I hugely respected but I’ll never, ever watch again. 
  • Salad said:
    Here are a couple:

Firstly Film4 has Film4+1 and moreover I cannot imagine any film shown on this channel is not available on Sky, Netflix, Amazon or any of the many other streaming services around in 2020.
    That’s not how it works. Allow me to explain!

Day 1
    Film is at cinema

Day 90
    Film is on DVD and Pay Per View (Sky Store/ Amazon)

Day 180+ 
    Film reaches subscription window (exclusive to Sky Cinema/ Amazon Prime/ Netflix depending on studio deals)

Day 400 
    Film reaches terrestrial TV, won’t be back on subscription serviceS for a few years

Day 900+
    Film may or may not be exclusive to a subscription window again. Sometimes they are on multiple services but not often. These are now called ‘library titles’. 

Films tend to stay on the Pay Per View services full time but sometimes disappear for a while. 

When Disney Plus launches in a few months, they will put all their movies (Star Wars, Marvel, Disney animation, Pixar, every Fox title etc) on their own service. This is the danger of a studio having their own delivery system. 
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    I watched that last night. Real life horror and not good.
    I wouldn't watch it again.
    I didn't "enjoy" it all, if you know what I mean about watching something so horrific.
  • Salad said:
    I enjoyed it, tad weird but very entertaining. 
  • Salad said:
    I enjoyed it, tad weird but very entertaining. 
    Like both the leads and Bobby DN is great as the father.

Liked it as well.
  • PopIcon said:
    I watched that last night. Real life horror and not good.
    I wouldn't watch it again.
    I didn't "enjoy" it all, if you know what I mean about watching something so horrific.
    I watched last night too, it's a film I'd recommend. Simple film premise set against a horrific scenario that actually happened in living memory(not for me).
  • Girl on the train

Such a Charlton Life film title
    Girl Writing Down Train's Details would be the CL film.
  • PopIcon said:
    Glovepup said:
    Salad said:

Brilliant film.
    Overrated in my opinion. Is okay, but wouldn't watch again.
    I thought it was very good but wouldn't watch it again because it very much relies on its twist and once you know that a large part of the enjoyment of watching is pre-empted.
  • Auschwitz Untold: In Colour is on More4 at 9am Sunday.  It is a 2 partner I believe.  I know not a film or same channel but looks good and wasn't sure where else to put it.

• Auschwitz Untold: In Colour is on More4 at 9am Sunday.  It is a 2 partner I believe.  I know not a film or same channel but looks good and wasn't sure where else to put it.

9pm surely? 

You could put it on the tv series thread
  • Monday midnight:
    An Elephant Sitting Still - 2018 Chinese film, sounds good, "a day in the life of four people in a miserable industrial town.
    Anyone seen it?