Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

coming up on Film4 ...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Salad said:
    Monday midnight:
    An Elephant Sitting Still - 2018 Chinese film, sounds good, "a day in the life of four people in a miserable industrial town.
    Anyone seen it?

Only that the 29-year-old filmmaker, Hu Bo, killed himself after finishing the film (his debut feature) and that the running time is 4 hours. I'm quite interested in Chinese cinema but don't think I'll be recording this one.
  • Options
    good performance from Joaquim Phoenix in You Were Never Really Here tonight at 23.35
  • Options
    Salad said:
    good performance from Joaquim Phoenix in You Were Never Really Here tonight at 23.35
    We're recording this one.
  • Options
    no. 1 in today's Guardian top 10 sSouth Korean films is The Handmaiden on tonight on Film4, 23:10 
  • Options
    not F4, but still free to air ...
    Contagion is on ITV2 next Thursday, so save paying for it of you can wait
  • Options
    Salad said:
    not F4, but still free to air ...
    Contagion is on ITV2 next Thursday, so save paying for it of you can wait
    Bit near the knuckle maybe?
  • Options
    C4 is showing Diego Maradona on Saturday night. Any good?
  • Options
    C4 is showing Diego Maradona on Saturday night. Any good?
    Very good and well worth seeing. It covers Maradona's time at Napoli and contains a great deal of material that I had never seen before. In addition to the match footage, a vast amount of further archival footage was discovered at the home of Maradona’s ex-wife, where it had lain untouched for 30 years. 

Asif Kapadia ('Amy' and 'Senna') certainly knows how to make a documentary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I hate that TV channels split films in half nowadays, I dont always get to watch films when they are on so often record them to watch later(usually when there is no sports on lol) if its on BBC on Film4 its normally ok but films on any ITV channel, E4 or channel 4 or 5 now seem to be split halfway through by 5 minutes of news or entertainment today rubbish, I hate having 2 recordings for 1 film so end up not recording it lol.

I dont know if these channels have purposely started splitting films up to stop people recording them but its bloody annoying