Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: Christmas Chocolates Tub

can only choose one, what would it be? 

POLL: Christmas Chocolates Tub 201 votes

Celebrations
26%
LoOkOuTcafcpoloOff_itCafcWestguinnessaddickroseandcrownDaveMehmetSantaClausDanepakStigcarly burnthai malaysia addickBigRedEvilScohamDazzler21Addick AddictStubleyAddickSuper_Eddie_YoudsBig Ccafc7-6htfc 53 votes
Quality Street
34%
AFKABartramSouthendaddick1905lancashire ladHenry IrvingLenGloverEssex_AlT_C_EcharltonkestontrickyChicagoAddickgolfaddickStrikerFirmaniCarterHornchurchstonemusestoneroses19The_OrganiserBournemouth Addickkimbo 69 votes
Cadbury’s Roses
12%
AlgarveaddickCovered EndlordromfordeddieaddickcafckevDPFCMrLargoEastTerraceLeaburnForEnglandEastStandLincsaddickSotonAddickUboatDamoNorthStandMcCartneySE7toSG3Tomclb74killerandflashup_the_valley 26 votes
Cadbury’s Heroes
26%
_MrDickLargeAddickCharltonparklane9goalswentpastperryAddicktediansargeoohaahmortimerNo.1 in South Londonmart77Leroy AmbroseNugTalalNorth Lower Neilmarkwebb25RossBigfatpeteSiv_in_NorfolkPaddyP17kakakaJobbers 53 votes

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Cadbury’s Heroes
    Celebrations are rubbish, about two decent ones in there. 

Heroes for me, other 2 are good too. 
  • Quality Street
    It was Roses as a kid, but Quality Street all day long these days
  • Celebrations
    I voted celebrations as have a tub in the cupboard

Its chocolate at the end of the day - Doesnt matter what it is
  • Cadbury’s Roses
    Roses, just over QS.
  • As an ex radiographer it wouldn’t worry me if I never saw any of those ever again.
  • Quality Street
    I voted QS but easily could’ve been Roses on another day. Sorry to say, if you picked Celebrations or Heroes you’re a wrong un.
  • edited December 2019
    Celebrations
    I voted QS but easily could’ve been Roses on another day. Sorry to say, if you picked Celebrations or Heroes you’re a wrong un.
    Ha, at least with Celebrations the whole tub gets eaten.

QS you can be sure the toffees will all be the last to go - if at all - no matter who's house you're at or if sharing a tub at work.

To be fair i'd be happy with any of those four tubs.
  • Cadbury’s Roses
    Ha, at least with Celebrations the whole tub gets eaten.

QS you can be sure the toffees will all be the last to go - if at all - no matter who's house you're at or if sharing a tub at work.

To be fair i'd be happy with any of those four tubs.
    For my house, with QS the last to go are strawberry, orange and coffee.

I'll still eat them though if that's all there is!!
  • Celebrations
    Not an expert in this market but I would always choose the red box. We bought something similar from Marks but it was only half full. :neutral:
  • Quality Street
    It's liked baked beans and hash browns on a full English - Heroes and Celebrations have no place in the Christmas chocolate world, the pathetic miniscule regular chocolate bar upstarts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Quality Street
    QS over Rose's by a smidge. Heroes & Celebrations are ordinary "sweets" that you can buy every day. 
  • Cadbury’s Roses
    It was Roses as a kid, but Quality Street all day long these days
    The reverse of this. Moved away from QS as soon as I was old enough. 
  • Quality Street
    QS all the way.

Others are acceptable but only one screams "CHRISTMAS"
  • Quality Street
    QS all day long
  • edited December 2019
    Celebrations
    Celebrations, usually need an expensive trip to the dentist for fillings to be renewed after a tin of QS, avoid like the plague 😉.
  • Quality Street
    I like them all but QS is Fav.
  • Cadbury’s Heroes
    Cadbury’s chocolate all day long ... Unless it’s Lindt
  • Quality Street
    I wouldn't turn down any of them!
  • Quality Street
    Quality Street . Love those penny toffees 
  • edited December 2019
    Cadbury’s Roses
    So, much to the better halves displeasure.
    I've opened The 'Boxing Day Roses'.
    Guess how many have been eaten? 

The answer is only 5 !
    Cheeky fookers.

Ok, dinner's running late so I've had 10.
    There are 58 in total.

• Sponsored links:

• Quality Street
    Quality Street easily 
  • edited December 2019
    Quality Street
    Quality Street

Sorry to keep on about when I was young, but the tins were twice the size they are now and one tin lasted the family over Christmas
  • Cadbury’s Heroes
    Cadbury's Heroes

Bring back coffee creams and I might change my mind.
  • Quality Street
    Given the choice, it's Quality Street.  Sadly, it's one compromise I have had to concede, so it's Roses in the Chizz household as usual. 
  • Cadbury’s Heroes
    Cadbury’s Heroes , can just keep going at em 
    more more more more 
    wallop
    3am slop it out down the pan for an hour on Charlton Life
    6am another 40 mins clearance works and some more CL 
    9am 30 mins more on the pan with CL all done 
    10am we go again , pass the Heroes 
    eat,  sleep , poo deep , repeat 
  • Cadbury’s Heroes
    I worry about you.  
  • Cadbury’s Heroes
    Heroes by a mile.
    genuinely like all the chocolates in there. Not a single dud.
  • Quality Street
    Traditionalist...
  • Cadbury’s Heroes
    ross1 said:
    Quality Street

Sorry to keep on about when I was young, but the tins were twice the size they are now and one tin lasted the family over Christmas

Over twice the size (1.7kg compared to 750g now).

Our neighbour used to being one round for my mum just before Christmas as a thank you for moving his post, putting his bins out etc while he was away and it lasted 4 of us over the whole of Christmas. 

Now it's gone in a couple of sittings, and not just because I'm a gannet. 
  • Quality Street
    Love Quality Street but I get too involved. At half-term whilst away with the kids, a mouthful of toffee managed to pull out a filling the size of a dice. Haven't worked up the courage to visit the dentists yet and it's murder trying to avoid filling the gap with food. Note to self; avoid toffee and nuts over Christmas.