Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Team of the Decade

As we approach end of the 2010s what would your CAFC team of the decade be?

Taylor or Yann?

Wright-Philips or Grant?

Comments

• Lets wait till it's finished.
  • Yann & BWP.
  • Have we ever done a team of sicknotes!
    Lewis Page
    Cory Gibbs
    Gary Rowett

to name a few
  • Pope

Solly Morrison Gomez ?
    Gudmundsson Jackson ?
    Lookman Yann Taylor

Bench: Hamer Bauer 

Stephen's maybe? 
  • As we approach end of the 2010s what would your CAFC team of the decade be?

Taylor or Yann?

Wright-Philips or Grant?

As a boycotter I've not seen Lyle play for Charlton but for me Yann has been one of the most influential players I've ever seen play for us in 54 years & yet still feel he was underused. You only had to witness his display for Bournemouth against us to recognise there was a lot more to his game than lumping a long ball up to him. So Yann for me.

• Based on their Charlton performances this decade. 

Amos
    Solly
    Gomez
    TBH 
    Wiggins
    JBG 
    Cullen
    Buynes
    Lookman
    Yann
    Lyle

The manger? Lee Bowyer, but I actually think that them would be better suited to Luzon. 
  • Lets wait till it's finished.
    Can't wait five weeks
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on their Charlton performances this decade. 

Amos
    Solly
    Gomez
    TBH 
    Wiggins
    JBG 
    Cullen
    Buynes
    Lookman
    Yann
    Lyle

The manger? Lee Bowyer, but I actually think that them would be better suited to Luzon. 
    No Jackson?  I'd have Morrison over TBH too.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    Pope
    Solly - Morrison - Gomez - Wiggins
    Gudmundsson - Stephens - Cullen - Jackson
    Kermorgant - Taylor

Subs
    Phillips - Pearce - Bauer - Pratley - Buyens - Wright-Phillips - Grant
  • A tough choice as many of the best players didn't stay very long or played few games. 

Compromising between the number of games and the quality, and giving the benefit to those who did it at Championship level and not L1...

Hamer 
    Solly Morrison Pearce Wiggins
    Gudmundsson Stephens Diarra Jackson
    Kermorgant Vetokele 

Subs Pope Bauer Cousins Buyens Bulot BWP Taylor

Hamer in goal as I think he's made the most appearances in the Championship, but could have gone with half a dozen other keepers! Cousins on the bench as he can cover defence as well. 
  • edited November 2019
    Elliot
    Solly Diarra Gomez Wiggins
    Coquilan Jackson Shelvey JBG
    Kermongant Lookman
  • edited November 2019
    Diarra is a good shout so have put him in
  • Forgot about shelvey 
  • edited November 2019
    Forgot about shelvey 
    Bit like Lookman for me

Was becoming a good player but wasnt there when he was with us compared to others who have ended up turning out for Charlton

But then I could say the same about Joe Gomez who I picked lol!
  • edited November 2019
    A tough choice as many of the best players didn't stay very long or played few games. 

Compromising between the number of games and the quality, and giving the benefit to those who did it at Championship level and not L1...

Hamer 
    Kermorgant Vetokele 

Hamer in goal as I think he's made the most appearances in the Championship, but could have gone with half a dozen other keepers! Cousins on the bench as he can cover defence as well. 
    All things considered, I can't imagine any team which doesn't have Gomez as one of the centre backs.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on their Charlton performances this decade. 

Amos
    Solly
    Gomez
    TBH 
    Wiggins
    JBG 
    Cullen
    Buynes
    Lookman
    Yann
    Lyle

No Jackson?  I'd have Morrison over TBH too.
    No no Jackson outstanding man, if it was for contribution to the decade he would be in. Morrison has taken some sort of biblical significance to some people, he was an outstanding league 1 center back, he was OK in the championship, he was royaly screwed by our owner. He was rightfully 4th choice when he left, but anyone with half a brain would have known that Bikey would blow up after 6 months (he has every where he has been), Joe would leave in the summer and TBH was only a short term stop gap.
  • As an aside, it's funny how much "network crap" has been included. 
  • Phillips
    Dijksteel
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Purrington
    Bielik 
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Aribo
    Taylor
    Parker 

But, we've got at one or two more games at Millwall between now and the end of the decade.  So, all positions are still up for grabs.  
  • Sponsored links:

• A tough choice as many of the best players didn't stay very long or played few games. 

Hamer 
    Kermorgant Vetokele 

All things considered, I canf imagine any team which doesn't have Gomez as one of the centre backs.
    I'm not even sure Gomez played at CB when with us, he was mainly LB cover that season
  • edited November 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    As an aside, it's funny how much "network crap" has been included. 
    The first summer under Roland saw some decent signings and network players. The squad wasn't deep enough, but Igor, JBG, Buyens, Bulot plus the likes of TBH were quality players. 

Hamer 
    Kermorgant Vetokele 

All things considered, I canf imagine any team which doesn't have Gomez as one of the centre backs.
    I'm not even sure Gomez played at CB when with us, he was mainly LB cover that season
    Eh? He played a couple games at right back to ease him in but mostly at centre back. He played once I think on the left of a 3 but never at lb. It was one of the things when he went to liverpool and they used him at lb it was the first time he had played there.

Hamer 
    Kermorgant Vetokele 

Eh? He played a couple games at right back to ease him in but mostly at centre back. He played once I think on the left of a 3 but never at lb. It was one of the things when he went to liverpool and they used him at lb it was the first time he had played there.
    Ok I might be mis-remembering, but Gomez that season made only 16 league starts, not all at CB. Yes he looked massively talented, but I didn't pick him as I went for players who had played more for us at CB.

Hamer 
    Kermorgant Vetokele 

Picking a team on talent (and not worrying about how long it was for)

Pope
    Solly Gomez Diarra Wiggins
    Gudmundsson Coquelin Gallagher Jackson
    Kermorgant Vetokele

Subs Elliot Bauer Fanni Buyens Bulot Taylor Lookman
  • 1. Hamer 
    2.Bauer
    3.Bauer
    4.Bauer
    5.Bauer
    6.Bauer
    7.Yann
    8.Yann
    9.Yann
    10. Yann
    11. Yann
  • Hamer 
    Solly
    Wiggins
    Morrison
    Gomez
    Jackson
    Shelvey
    Stephen's 
    Yann
    Lookman
    Taylor

• Shocked no one is debating Green or Wagstaff tbh...
  • Or Coqulin...
  • CULT* XI of players we all** couldn't help but root for

Phillips

Wilson Bikey Sarr Da Silva/Fox (can't choose)

Reeves Buyens WOLF CITY Bulot

Watt Kermorgant***

*go on, make the obvious joke

**I

***obviously in the real XI too but the cult player to end all others