Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team of the Decade

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not many calls for Roger fecking Johnson !
  • Options
    As we approach end of the 2010s what would your CAFC team of the decade be?

Taylor or Yann?

Wright-Philips or Grant?

As a boycotter I've not seen Lyle play for Charlton but for me Yann has been one of the most influential players I've ever seen play for us in 54 years & yet still feel he was underused. You only had to witness his display for Bournemouth against us to recognise there was a lot more to his game than lumping a long ball up to him. So Yann for me.

Like you as a boycotter I haven’t see Lyle play other than Sky’s brief highlights video.

Yann was such a talisman for us I’d have to go for him.

I’d probably pick BWP over Grant as Bradley was more consistent, having said that Grant does seem to have found his regular scoring boots at last, shame he’s not still with us.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Phillips
    Dijksteel
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Purrington
    Bielik 
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Aribo
    Taylor
    Parker 

But, we've got at one or two more games at Millwall between now and the end of the decade.  So, all positions are still up for grabs.  
    How have we got another Millwall game before the end of December?
  • Options
    Not many calls for Roger fecking Johnson !
    Dont like it... Dont f**king come on this thread :)
  • Options
    Two words......Andy Delort.
  • Options
    Two words......Andy Delort.
    His dad was the better player
  • Options
    edited November 2019
                     Phillips
    Solly Gomez Lockyer Wiggins

Diarra

Gudmunsson        Jackson

Lookman

Taylor      Yann

Didn't want any loan players in the side, maybe too soon to put Lockyer in but think he is class
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Phillips
    Dijksteel
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Purrington
    Bielik 
    Pratley
    Cullen
    Aribo
    Taylor
    Parker 

But, we've got at one or two more games at Millwall between now and the end of the decade.  So, all positions are still up for grabs.  
    How have we got another Millwall game before the end of December?
    It was a reference to the fact that this "decade" ends at the end of 2020.  But, more importantly, I just picked the team that won the most important game of the decade so far.  And that XI can be usurped by a team that beats Millwall. 
  • Options
    Well, the criteria isn't pure talent, is it? Longevity comes into it, cult hero status, how good they were for the club and so on... All that said:

GK: Phillips
    RB: Solly
    CB: Morrison
    CB: Bauer
    LB: Wiggins
    RM: Gudmundsson
    CM: Stephens
    CM: Cousins
    LM: Jackson
    ST: Taylor
    ST: Kermorgant

Deciding on a goalkeeper was surprisingly difficult. None have played more than about two seasons, which meant it was basically Phillips, Henderson or Hamer. Went with Dillon as he's ours and played in the biggest game this decade.

Had to be Sols - obviously. Wiggins played a huge chunk of his career with us and looked very good for it until injury, and by all accounts a pretty likeable bloke. Morrison and Bauer... I did consider Gomez, but he wasn't here long enough. Also, Bauer has That Goal, while Morrison has longevity and quality going for him.

Surprised Cousins hasn't really had a starting berth mention yet. He won POTY twice and always looked pretty good, if not flashy and technical. Always rated him. Stephens was class, as was JBG, and Jacko is the most obvious choice of choices ever.

Taylor or BWP was nigh on impossible. Had to go with the former, though, as I think he had more of a "cultural" impact than BWP (who I still regard with immense fondness of course). And Yann - one of my favourite players ever to pull on the shirt.

Honourable mentions: Hamer, Gomez, BWP, Diarra, Lookman, Fox, Cullen, and much of last year's playing squad too!
  • Options
    Not sure why Pope is in peoples teams? Granted he’s an excellent keeper now, but he was a little dodgy for us particularly early on in his career here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As we approach end of the 2010s what would your CAFC team of the decade be?

Taylor or Yann?

Wright-Philips or Grant?

Ask me at 5pm tomorrow 
  • Options
    Not sure why Pope is in peoples teams? Granted he’s an excellent keeper now, but he was a little dodgy for us particularly early on in his career here.

• Options
    Hub PaddyP17 said:

It depends what the criteria is for this. Pope was very good for us for the second half of that relegation season. His Charlton career overall was ok/good i’d argue. By the same logic that he is doing much better after leaving us, why is Coquelin in no ones team?
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

God listen to the atmosphere in that video!!

Sounds like the sort of thing you'd expect to here at a Non-League ground