Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• I think the injuries started taking its toll against Preston.  Plus the fact that we don’t perform against the ugly organised sides (Preston/Birmingham/Wigan) that said, Bowyer hints in his press conference that they play football under rowett, which I’m inclined to believe as a millwall fan I know eluded to this also.

If that’s the case that gives us a chance, going toe to toe with us for football, they lose, we have better footballers IMO.  But that has never really mattered in this fixture.

2-0 them.
  • All this defeatist talk does nothing but breed negativity. You've got this. Trust me. The 23 year wait is over.
    I have just given you a like. 
    It's happening I tell thee. 
  • All this defeatist talk does nothing but breed negativity. You've got this. Trust me. The 23 year wait is over.
    It's called baggage @Big_Bad_World and Charlton fans have more baggage than Joan Collins on vacation.

It's not true to say we never turn up. (As Cafc fans are stating)
    The mental scars that I was left with after the Good Friday (bad Friday) 2-1 defeat after the Solly red card early doors is the trigger for many recurring nightmares.
    The penalty was missed and the ten men even took the lead in the 2nd half. Some how Joe Gomez was left with 2 men to mark late on and the rest is history.

One nightmare version is Solly is the keeper that day and does a great save but gets sent off for handball !

The really evil version is I'm down the Millwall end as I'm a Millwall fan and giving it large ! As I lived in Gomm road by Southwark park for my 1st year of life to Bermondsey parents this very nearly came to fruition !  Unless you have woke up in a terrible sweat and screaming like a banshee it hard to have empathy with this experience.

My Psychiatrist told me to go again to the Den as it's sounded like Cafc were unlucky and it was the only way to be rid of my Demons. So I went the following season and we were shite and lost 3-1to a Millwall team who hadn't won at home for months.

The Psychiatrist took out a restraining order on me after my anger management issues failed.

5-0 to the Spanners after two red cards and 4 injuries leaves Cafc down to 8 men for 30 minutes. There is no trouble after the match as Millwall fans are too busy laughing.

I know Gomm Road well. Used to play football against St Josephs regularly in my primary school years.
  • Hoping for a draw. Funnily enough Millwall acquaintances hoping likewise. Has our negativity affected them?

Expect at least one of ours to be sent off, preferably for something they did rather than didn't do but we always get shit refs. Let's hope they don't sneak a winner in the 15th minute of extra time. 
  • Am confident we'll finally break the hoodoo  and in style. 0-3 pearce, gallagher, bonne. Wouldnt be surprised to see a couple of red cards thrown in too, one for each team
  • Millwall are a big team and will probably score from set pieces, with Cooper or Smith heading goals. Can we catch them on the break? Hope so. I think it'll be 2 - 1 to them, or maybe 2 - 2. Just hope I don't get beaten up in the home end...
  • edited November 2019
    I am in the Barry Kitchener with a group of Millwall mates who only ever go to this game each year or their Wembley appearances, pie & mash pre-match, London Bridge booze up after, what can possibly go wrong FFS?  sadly a 0-2 no show as per the norm, unless.......in LB we trust 
  • Great preview as ever FA , too much positivity on here for my liking. We all know what happens when we go there , going for a nil - nil draw , beat them at The Valley in April , if the squad stays intact in January and the injuries are ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got no confidence of winning this, Millwall are the sort of "no nonsense" team we struggle against. 

Looking at our recent record, amongst the dispiriting defeats, there have been a number of 0-0s. Indeed after the madness of 09/10 (4-4 and 0-4), 4 of the next 8 matches have been goalless. Most depressingly, in those 8 games we've scored TWO goals
  • 5 points from the last 6 games compared to their 8 
    we are fatigued and running out of ideas/luck with no Williams or Taylor to work their magic 

a drab dull defeat awaits
    forecast is for pissing rain from 1pm around the toolbox 

I’m gonna be there in mates warm box (oooooerrrrr) sneakily drinking copious amounts of alcohol , watching soccer Saturday,  glimpsing at the game every so often 

oh it’s soooo depressing losing to the scum 

although as a numbers man surely the law of averages mean we win 20 of these fixtures on the spin at some point , why not start it now! 

• Got no confidence of winning this, Millwall are the sort of "no nonsense" team we struggle against. 

Looking at our recent record, amongst the dispiriting defeats, there have been a number of 0-0s. Indeed after the madness of 09/10 (4-4 and 0-4), 4 of the next 8 matches have been goalless. Most depressingly, in those 8 games we've scored TWO goals
    Since the 4-4
    we went 6 games without scoring against them
    Thats 2 goals in the last 9 fixtures against them 
    That’s beyond pathetic 

Since the 4-4
    we went 6 games without scoring against them
    Thats 2 goals in the last 9 fixtures against them 
    That’s beyond pathetic 
    0-4
    0-0
    0-2
    0-1
    0-0
    0-0
    1-2
    1-3
    0-0

:# 
  • Without two of our best players coupled with fact we never beat Millwall and have struggled against physical teams this season. 2-0 defeat
  • With Williams and Taylor in the side I would fancy us to at least get a point despite history. Without them I am afraid it will be another drab, depressing and routine defeat. We will do well to come away without any upcoming suspensions or further injuries. Until Williams and Taylor return I fear we are destined to spend a spell in the lower half of the table - reality hits home. 

• Another 0-0 classic for the record books with both teams being terrified to lose. 
  • Millwall are no pushovers at home and this game will be very keenly contested by both teams. Even that comment is a rarity for Charlton fans. It’s not been very often that I know that we will compete with them toe to toe. Can see one goal in this game and I’m not convinced either way who will get it. 
  • I just cant see us scoring so 0-0 at best.

if we do somehow score, we will probably score first and then lose 2-1 with their winner coming in the 97th minute.

We wont win that's for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

•                    Phillips
    Solly | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington
          Cullen | Pratley | Gallagher
                     Oztumer
                   Leko | Bonne
    Like this team but would rather Kayal over Ozzy - expecting it to be a physical game and Kayal will handle himself better.

Also based on performances Ozzy hasn't matched the 1st half against Forest whilst Kayal looks to be gaining confidence.

Maybe even give Aneke a start in the Number 10? Difficult to judge him when often depolyed late in games we are chasing.
  • 1-0 loss looming. 
  •                    Phillips
    Solly | Lockyer | Pearce | Purrington
          Cullen | Pratley | Gallagher
                     Oztumer
                   Leko | Bonne
    Like this team but would rather Kayal over Ozzy - expecting it to be a physical game and Kayal will handle himself better.

Also based on performances Ozzy hasn't matched the 1st half against Forest whilst Kayal looks to be gaining confidence.

Maybe even give Aneke a start in the Number 10? Difficult to judge him when often depolyed late in games we are chasing.
    Think Chuky is injured at the moment... I'd rather have Kayal than Ozzy as well tbh, but it has to be one of them playing behind the front two
  • any specific away pub we have been allocated (assuming in the LDN bridge area?
  • any specific away pub we have been allocated (assuming in the LDN bridge area?
    'The Barnaby', Ilderton road.
  • The team never turn up for these games so I cannot see past a Millwall win. Pearce to play as well with Sarr on the bench.
  • clive said:
    any specific away pub we have been allocated (assuming in the LDN bridge area?
    'The Barnaby', Ilderton road.
    Even we can't drink in that iconic pub anymore.
    Lots will be drinking in The Old Thameside Inn by the sounds of things