Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

International Call ups and matches 2019/2020 CAFC players

edited August 2019 in General Charlton
Thought I would do a thread for CAFC players international call ups and international matches

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Tom Lockyer and Jonny Williams both called up for Wales

• edited August 2019
    Ashley Williams is available on a free too...

And has been told he'll earn his place back for doing so. 
  • Thought Ashley Williams was going to Bristol City
  • Either way he isnt a Charlton player, can we keep this thread to Charlton players
  • edited August 2019
    Either way he isnt a Charlton player, can we keep this thread to Charlton players
    Posts a list with only two current CAFC players out of 26 😆😘
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Either way he isnt a Charlton player, can we keep this thread to Charlton players
    Posts a list with only two current CAFC players out of 26 😆😘
    The picture was showing the call ups of Lockyer and Williams.

This thread is so people can see how Charlton players get on internationally not ever other player
  • Which of our players have been called up for international duty, only ones I know of are Williams and Lockyer for Wales
  • I know Cullen has been called up by Ireland

Dont know about Gallagher or Leko for the England Youth Team
  • I think there are games for the England under 20's on 10th and 14th October, assume Gallagher and Leko have been called up but seen any confirmation
  • ross1 said:
    I think there are games for the England under 20's on 10th and 14th October, assume Gallagher and Leko have been called up but seen any confirmation
    Both have been called up. Italy away and Czech republic at home.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/oct/04/england-u20s-squad-named-for-italy-and-czech-republic-041019
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    I think there are games for the England under 20's on 10th and 14th October, assume Gallagher and Leko have been called up but seen any confirmation

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/oct/04/england-u20s-squad-named-for-italy-and-czech-republic-041019
    Damn; was hoping they wouldnt have any fixtures so Conor could get a break
  • ross1 said:

They also are away to Portugal and at home to Iceland in November.

There’ll be no break coming Conor’s way for a little while yet. 
  • Sage said:
    ross1 said:

So should a young kid play so many games at such an early stage?

Yes, if you are a mini Bowyer. 
  • He does seem to have a great engine. Not only playing every game for us, but also the full 90
  • Sage said:
    ross1 said:

Cmon @Sage mate... thats not the sort of news I like to hear!!
  • He does seem to have a great engine. Not only playing every game for us, but also the full 90
    I noticed he was still chasing down the Fulham defenders at the end of Saturday’s game, which the commentator then pointed out. He must be one of our fittest players.
  • I would not worry about Conner,this lad just loves playing football,no problems as long as he does not get injured.
  • In a small way its a bit frustrating we dont have the FA Cup 1st Round anymore

A pointless cup game would be a great way to rest Conor but thats not going to happen until January and after the Christmas rush
  • In a small way its a bit frustrating we dont have the FA Cup 1st Round anymore

A pointless cup game would be a great way to rest Conor but thats not going to happen until January and after the Christmas rush
    And if we get drawn against a big club, they'll be no way we will not play a strong team. Bowyer won't mind about going out the cup, but he won't want to get embarrassed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2019
    Sage said:
    In a small way its a bit frustrating we dont have the FA Cup 1st Round anymore

And if we get drawn against a big club, they'll be no way we will not play a strong team. Bowyer won't mind about going out the cup, but he won't want to get embarrassed. 
    Doesn't have to be a top team to get embarrassed about knocking us out. We don't do Cups! I give you, Wycombe, Sheffield United, Colchester, and even under Bowyer, Doncaster 😉
  • RedChaser said:
    Sage said:
    In a small way its a bit frustrating we dont have the FA Cup 1st Round anymore

Doesn't have to be a top team to get embarrassed about knocking us out. We don't do Cups! I give you, Wycombe, Sheffield United, Colchester, and even under Bowyer, Doncaster 😉
    Agreed, however the side Bowyer put out that day against Doncaster was very weak. The only two senior players who played that day that are still here and involved this season are Phillips and Sarr. 
  • Conor Gallagher has been called up by England u21s.
  • didn’t LB say last season that if you can’t win the cup why bother
  • Conor Gallagher has been called up by England u21s.
    good, might mean he is on the bench
  • https://t.co/aM9LOyHUlY?amp=1
    The under 21s are live on You tube channel tomorrow.
  • https://t.co/aM9LOyHUlY?amp=1
    The under 21s are live on You tube channel tomorrow.
    Glad the Seniors and U21s arent playing at the same time