Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sint Truiden vs Genk abandoned

Genk led 0-3 after 60 minutes.

STVV fans start to throw objects in the direction of the Genk GK causing a fifteen minute delay before they calm down.

Genk lost all momentum upon the restart, allowing STVV to score three goals in 25 minutes to pull themselves level.

Furious Genk fans began to storm the away enclosure, forcing the game to be abandoned just before they could complete the 90 minutes.

Still trying to figure out if the result will stand as is, whether they’ll come back later to finish it like they do occasions in the Netherlands or they’ll do a full 90 minute replay. Can any of our Belgian users enlighten us?

Also will be interesting to follow in the next couple of days to see what punishments are handed out by the Belgian FA, if any.

Comments

• Genk were the away team but they stormed the away enclosure , I’m confused 🤷‍♂️ 
  • Big big mistake Callum mentioning the word 'Away', Oohaa was guaranteed to be all over this post like a rash 😉.
  • Genk were the away team but they stormed the away enclosure , I’m confused 🤷‍♂️ 
    Maybe the Genk fans got annoyed with themselves for not getting behind the team enough and stormed themselves.
  • Local derby, both sets of fans hate each other.
  • Apparently Roland was the instigator amongst the STVV ultras 
  • edited September 2019
    Local derby, both sets of fans hate each other.
    Not a protest then  :/
    Apologies for the back to front wording.

The Genk fans were wanting to break free from the enclosure and pushed hard against the front panelling that kept them from running onto the pitch.

It broke under the pressure of the Genk fans and then police/ref got concerned for player safety so the match got abandoned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Genk always sounds like some sort of disease or condition to me.

"My genk is playing up again" or "hes caught a bad dose of genk".
    Bit like the Sport AIDS annual event
  • Bloody not-so-soft terrorists!
  • What sort of tin pot League has crowd trouble, match abandoned and Twitter isn’t flooded with media and fan footage?
  • edited September 2019
    seth plum said:
    Having walked on the plastic pitch of the StvTruiden stadium I can assure everybody that a bit of rioting would have enhanced the experience.
    It makes even Colchester United's ground look like a theatre of passion.
    The Lidl attached to the stadium is ten time more exciting.
    A tad OTT Seth, I have been to many STVV games at Stayen, and the atmosphere when the likes of Anderlecht,Standard,Bruges,Genk arrive is right up there. Not quite The Valley when its rocking, but they make some noise.
  • edited September 2019
    Anyone who has been to STTV will be amazed at this news.
    The overwhelmingly dull atmosphere (rather like the sleepy town itself), is like a graveyard.......in all honesty I am finding it very hard to believe.
    I’m incredulous.
  • edited September 2019
    Any anyone who has been to STTV will be amazed at this news.
    The overwhelmingly dull atmosphere (rather like the sleepy town itself), is like a graveyard.......in all honesty I am finding it very hard to believe.
    I’m incredulous.
    Did you bother reading my comment above?
    Strange how people pop up as Sint Truiden experts when they've only been there once.
  • Any anyone who has been to STTV will be amazed at this news.
    I’m incredulous.
    Strange how people pop up as Sint Truiden experts when they've only been there once.
    Meh!
  • Sponsored links:

• After speaking to one of the STVV guys, it appears it spilled out into the streets outside the stadium, and got very nasty, with De Kanarie, (for people who remember it) being evacuated and closed by the local OB, and away fans being pushed back down down the hill towards the roundabout. All round nasty evening apparently.
  • edited September 2019
    After speaking to one of the STVV guys, it appears it spilled out into the streets outside the stadium, and got very nasty, with De Kanarie, (for people who remember it) being evacuated and closed by the local OB, and away fans being pushed back down down the hill towards the roundabout. All round nasty evening apparently.
    Any chance a stray boot could have ended up Roland’s arse 
  • Any anyone who has been to STTV will be amazed at this news.
    I’m incredulous.
    Been there five times and I must say I concur with @SoundAsa£
  • Hope they all went back to Rolands hotel and knicked all the roasted peanuts from the mini bars!
  • I have only been to Stayen once, and there was more atmosphere in the bar during the match than in the stands.
  • Guys, guys, is it really nescasery to swing your handbags at each other?

The St Truiden v Genk fixture reminds me of the great times we had as the B20.

The game I remember, The President was there, the game was halted Midway through first half? due to smoke bombs.
    Restarted after about a half hour delay.

Those were great days.
    Believe that was the game we found a lot of spending chips lying around and "purchased"  2 bottles of champagne.

The game I remember, The President was there, the game was halted Midway through first half? due to smoke bombs.

Those were great days.
    Believe that was the game we found a lot of spending chips lying around and "purchased"  2 bottles of champagne.

One of my main memories, is, being a bit 'worse for wear', wanting to 'borrow' the megaphone they used in the North Stand amongst their Ultras to sing anti RD songs, and being tapped on my shoulder by a guy who, when i turned around, was clearly one of the St Truiden cavemen brigade,thinking, shit, i'm gonna get my head kicked in here, only to be offered a beer !
  • edited September 2019
    Addickted said:
    Any anyone who has been to STTV will be amazed at this news.
    I’m incredulous.
    Been there five times and I must say I concur with @SoundAsa£
    I have probably been to ST about 20 times , nah nah, nah nah nah.

Granted, the games against the likes of Waregem or Waasland are fairly dull, quiet affairs - a bit like Charlton v Fleetwood on a Tuesday night really, but the games against the likes of Anderlecht (as AOG mentions above) or Genk (as proved yesterday) are can be fairly feisty,noisy affairs.

Those were great days.

Cant help but read that with a schteeve mclaren accent! Glad you found those beer tokens #notapennymore :-)
  • edited September 2019
    Having only been to one STTV game I will of course defer to the experts, but I understand people's bafflement, because the atmosphere at that game was SOOOO bad. They barely even acknowledged the goals.