Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer: The plan was to play Toney alongside Lyle

Comments

• Motivation or reality?
  • January could be interesting then

To be honest if we bid £4m then I'd have preferred that being spent on Cullen with a loan Striker
  • Random Facebook rumour alert:

• I know Bowyer always tells it as it is but how many times have we heard this story at the end of a transfer window? Max Gradel one year? Grigg another? I am sure those with better memories than me will know many others. Then the next window comes and....hmmm
  • I wonder if Gallen has a free transfer forward in the wings? If Hemed gets injured we’re knackered.
  • Valley11 said:
    I wonder if Gallen has a free transfer forward in the wings? If Hemed gets injured we’re knackered.
    This might be taken out of our hands if Cullen is recalled in January, but otherwise I'd be happy to send back a midfielder back (say Field or Kayal) and bring in another attacker as to me we have more than enough midfielders considering the likes of Lapslie and Morgan can't even make the bench at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gordon Bennett that would have some partnership.
  • £500K ?  Won't be living in Charlton then :smiley:
  • edited September 2019
    Surprised this article passed so many posters by. Many assumed Toney was a replacement. The two of the together would be an absolute handful...
  • How do you know we could have kept Grant?  How now has Prem goals on his CV, something probably worth more than a mill a year to most strikers.
  • Just missed out on Messi and Ronaldo and it wasn’t either or to partner Taylor it was both !!
    We were gonna play all 3 up front , damn what might of been 
  • edited September 2019
    And now we’ve got a rusty hemed and a striker who wouldn’t look out of place in madam tassauds
  • I know Bowyer always tells it as it is but how many times have we heard this story at the end of a transfer window? Max Gradel one year? Grigg another? I am sure those with better memories than me will know many others. Then the next window comes and....hmmm
    But if you look at the article, there's confirmation from the owner/chairman? at Posh that they knocked back our bids.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    I wonder if Gallen has a free transfer forward in the wings? If Hemed gets injured we’re knackered.
    This might be taken out of our hands if Cullen is recalled in January, but otherwise I'd be happy to send back a midfielder back (say Field or Kayal) and bring in another attacker as to me we have more than enough midfielders considering the likes of Lapslie and Morgan can't even make the bench at the moment.
    I don't think you realise how good Kayal is!
    Until he starts playing regularly for us we don't know tbh.
    But if you look at the article, there's confirmation from the owner/chairman? at Posh that they knocked back our bids.
    Indeed I agree but the bid could only be financed by Djiksteel + Taylor going. We were never going to have both. If we spend £4m+ on a striker in Jan or even next summer I would be amazed. Love it to happen but...
  • i am adamant that we never offered £4,000,000...........no matter what bull shit appeared in the media.
  • Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    Are Kayal and Hemed on loan or ones on loan one has signed ? 
  • Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    Are Kayal and Hemed on loan or ones on loan one has signed ? 
    Kayal is on loan; Hemed signed on a one year deal
  • i am adamant that we never offered £4,000,000...........no matter what bull shit appeared in the media.
    MacAnthony said we put in several bids for him and he said a Championship Club had a £4.5m bid turned down from him (which nearly cost Barry Fry another heart attack), but he never actually said what club bid that high for Toney.
  • Addickted said:
    i am adamant that we never offered £4,000,000...........no matter what bull shit appeared in the media.
    MacAnthony said we put in several bids for him and he said a Championship Club had a £4.5m bid turned down from him (which nearly cost Barry Fry another heart attack), but he never actually said what club bid that high for Toney.
    I’m sure he replied to a tweet and confirmed we had made bids for Toney.
  • Oh yes, I have no doubt that various clubs may have made some bids and one just may have offered £4 Million +, though I really do doubt the figure being mooted by the Posh chairman.
    It’s almost certain that we were one of he clubs interested but IHMO we weren’t offering anything like that.

• Scoham said:
    Addickted said:
    i am adamant that we never offered £4,000,000...........no matter what bull shit appeared in the media.
    I’m sure he replied to a tweet and confirmed we had made bids for Toney.
    Well, he would wouldn’t he!