Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer: The plan was to play Toney alongside Lyle

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    This is BS, 500k just about gets you a shed in South East London.
    Plenty of 3 bed houses in and around SE London for £500k
  • Options
    Gordon Bennett that would have some partnership.
    How much is Bennett?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    This is BS, 500k just about gets you a shed in South East London.
    £500k is the 25% Deposit 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    I wonder if Gallen has a free transfer forward in the wings? If Hemed gets injured we’re knackered.
    This might be taken out of our hands if Cullen is recalled in January, but otherwise I'd be happy to send back a midfielder back (say Field or Kayal) and bring in another attacker as to me we have more than enough midfielders considering the likes of Lapslie and Morgan can't even make the bench at the moment.
    I don't think you realise how good Kayal is!
    I know how good he was, but whether he's still at that level is unknown...
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Well Toney is currently leagues top scorer 8 in 8 not a bad return
    Think we missed out there 
    Jury's still out on chunks but still not sure where his position is forward /midfield or where he wants?
    And our Brighton wizard tomer not up to speed yet

• Options
    Yep another goal for Toney tonight.

Eight goals in eight games. Interestingly enough his strike partner Mo Eisa has scored six. Did some people think he was coming to us in January as a replacement for Grant?
  • Options
    decent strikers/attackers are like gold dust, the rest of the team it seems can be assembled using Academy, Frees and loans, I wonder if this is the realisation. Of course it may not be a new things, remember Vetokele..? Its all an interesting debate either way. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I refuse to believe it. For a mil per year he could have kept GRANT!!!!!!!! And I am to believe he was gonna buy Toney for £4M while keeping Taylor? BS.
    He also (if we believe reports) didn't want to up his wage offer to Bauer by 2-3k a week and therefore we lost him too.
  • Options
    razil said:
    decent strikers/attackers are like gold dust, the rest of the team it seems can be assembled using Academy, Frees and loans, I wonder if this is the realisation. Of course it may not be a new things, remember Vetokele..? Its all an interesting debate either way. 
    We have had quite a few expensive strikers under RD, in terms of transfer fees, loan fees and wages (the fact that some fees were paid to standard, and the um standard wasn't great is a diffrent point). 
  • Options
    Oh yes, I have no doubt that various clubs may have made some bids and one just may have offered £4 Million +, though I really do doubt the figure being mooted by the Posh chairman.
    It’s almost certain that we were one of he clubs interested but IHMO we weren’t offering anything like that.

It is not at all certain.

You are almost certain but IT is whatever was true and there is literally nothing to suggest other than having Roland as owner that we weren't offering £4m.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Oh yes, I have no doubt that various clubs may have made some bids and one just may have offered £4 Million +, though I really do doubt the figure being mooted by the Posh chairman.
    It’s almost certain that we were one of he clubs interested but IHMO we weren’t offering anything like that.

You are almost certain but IT is whatever was true and there is literally nothing to suggest other than having Roland as owner that we weren't offering £4m.
    I don't think many people are doubting that we made a bid (especially as both Bowyer and their chairman have admitted it), the thing people are having difficulty getting their heads around is that it was supposedly a bid for him AND keeping Taylor. Pretty much everyone would've assumed it was as Taylor's replacement.
  • Options
    Yep another goal for Toney tonight.

Eight goals in eight games. Interestingly enough his strike partner Mo Eisa has scored six. Did some people think he was coming to us in January as a replacement for Grant?
    Think he was heavily linked but didnt happen as Bristol City didnt get a replacement Striker in time

This is the same Eisa that Driesen tweeted to the Peterborough owner saying that he'd wasted his money and paid too much for him!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Eisa, Maddinson and Toney have scored 19 goals in 8 matches between them. If they do manage to keep hold of the trio they will go up especially as Peterborough have also tightened up their defence - last night was the first time they conceded in a game for six matches.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I don't think many people are doubting that we made a bid (especially as both Bowyer and their chairman have admitted it), the thing people are having difficulty getting their heads around is that it was supposedly a bid for him AND keeping Taylor. Pretty much everyone would've assumed it was as Taylor's replacement.
    I imagine Bowyer knows more than some bloke on the internet though, I also don't think he'd tell a blatent lie.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's pretty obvious Chris given the sulk from Taylor at not getting his move to Brentford.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I imagine Bowyer knows more than some bloke on the internet though, I also don't think he'd tell a blatent lie.
    I don’t think Bow would, but whoever told him could have been lying particularly as they have previous. 😉
  • Options
    Toney's form this season has doubled his value .. if not more than doubled
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I refuse to believe it. For a mil per year he could have kept GRANT!!!!!!!! And I am to believe he was gonna buy Toney for £4M while keeping Taylor? BS.
    He also (if we believe reports) didn't want to up his wage offer to Bauer by 2-3k a week and therefore we lost him too.
    That's a bit of a simplistic very of a contract negotiation though, isn't it?

The most likley thing was that PNE were prepared to pay a 6, possibly 7 figure signing on fee, in place of a transfer fee. 

Your choice then is to match it or inflate your wage offer to compensate.   If you did the later you would end up with a player on considerably more than his peers.  Then they want parity.  For a "million per year" to keep 1 player your looking at 10 million a year to keep 10 happy. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

As we got 1.9 million from the Dijksteel sale and that was going to fund it then the offer would have been 2 million max.

If as any one can work out it was going to be about the same as we would've received for Taylor then 4 million appeared to be the figure.

Just can't see In one window Duchatelet doesn't replace Grant yet will pay millions to bring in Toney and keep Taylor in the next window. 

No LOL for anyone saying Josh Parker !
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Valley11 said:
    I wonder if Gallen has a free transfer forward in the wings? If Hemed gets injured we’re knackered.
    This might be taken out of our hands if Cullen is recalled in January, but otherwise I'd be happy to send back a midfielder back (say Field or Kayal) and bring in another attacker as to me we have more than enough midfielders considering the likes of Lapslie and Morgan can't even make the bench at the moment.
    I don't think you realise how good Kayal is!
    Until he starts playing regularly for us we don't know tbh.
    Trust me he is very good.
    Despite a couple of ropey crosses the other day (which I put down to rustiness) I thought Kayal looked VERY  interesting indeed.  He looked sharp, confident and wanted to make things happen.  I reckon he will be a real asset.  Certainly a step up from Field from what I have seen thus far - though not sure they are the same position.
  • Options
    Jason Euell was at the Peterboro v Lincoln game today. Maybe watching Toney?
  • Options
    And Eisa. 
  • Options
    Along with loads of other scouts...
  • Options
    The goal he scored yesterday was a bit special aswell. Chipped the keeper (who was barely off his line) from a volley
  • Options
    The goal he scored yesterday was a bit special aswell. Chipped the keeper (who was barely off his line) from a volley
    Yep, it was certainly a good finish. But he'd done absolutely nothing for the previous 88 minutes and was very disappointing. He didnt seem interested most of the time.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Yep, it was certainly a good finish. But he'd done absolutely nothing for the previous 88 minutes and was very disappointing. He didnt seem interested most of the time.
    He’s had his head turned by the prospect of playing for us 😉