Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Garry Monk is the early favourite.
    Interestingly, Curbs is 33/1  ;)

would Bowyer be in the frame for the Newcastle job?
    Currently 16s

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/newcastle-united

I see Ant 'n Dec are both 500-1
    I can't see this working, even Curb 'n Gritty were split up. Besides Ant has Priory commitments.
    I assume Holly will step in while Ant's away...
  • Derby have granted Chelsea permission to speak to Lampard about the managers job.
  • Derby have granted Chelsea permission to speak to Lampard about the managers job.
    4m compensation will do nicely, they'll get a new man in and still finish between 6-9th.
  • Not to mention they beat Leeds at Elland Road in the Semi-Finals because the Goalkeeper decided to head for the HT tunnel a bit early
  • edited June 2019
    MrLargo said:
    Ridiculous media love-in for Lampard. Nothing against the bloke, but his performance has been no more and no less than "satisfactory - he's taken a side with roughly the 6th highest budget in the Championship and finished 6th. Bowyer, Wilder and Nathan Jones/Mick Harford are streets ahead in terms of performance in relation to budget.
    So agree. Can we get good odds he is gone From Chelsea by 6/30/20? 
  • MrLargo said:
    Ridiculous media love-in for Lampard. Nothing against the bloke, but his performance has been no more and no less than "satisfactory - he's taken a side with roughly the 6th highest budget in the Championship and finished 6th. Bowyer, Wilder and Nathan Jones/Mick Harford are streets ahead in terms of performance in relation to budget.
    He spent next to nothing though, he recouped more than he spent and got by from using the loan market well to get in Mount, Wilson and Tomori.

The signings he spent money on were all offset by selling Vydra and Wiemann.

Agreed that Derby were not really much better off though, they're always in the top 10.

• edited June 2019
    Reports suggesting that Nottingham Forest have sacked Martin O'Neill

Never know if Roland can keep out the way and equip us a bit better (even better just sell up) we might just survive the way other clubs are behaving
  • Sponsored links:

• @DTguardian
    FollowFollow @DTguardian
    More
    More

Some breaking news: Martin O'Neill has lost his job at Nottingham Forest. A number of key players have increasingly turned against him. It's reached the top of the club and I'm told he's been sacked, five months since taking job #NFFC

• Reports suggesting that Nottingham Forest have sacked Martin O'Neill

Never know if Roland can keep out the way and equip us a bit better (even better just sell up) we might just survive the way other clubs are behaving
    With just 2 managers in the last 2 1/2 seasons now, we're actually relatively stable compared with some other clubs, such is the rapid turnover nowadays!
  • O’Neill sacked according to the BBC. 
  • Nottingham Forest can confirm that manager Martin O’Neill has left the club.

The club would like to thank Martin for all his efforts during his time at The City Ground and wish him well for the future.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2019/june/club-statement/

• Blimey, Keane left a few days ago as well
  • Blimey, Keane left a few days ago as well
    Yeah that one didnt overly surprise me when I saw it
  • Already appointed a new manager, ex Ivory Coast and Rennes manager Sabri Lamouchi

#NFFC are delighted to announce that Sabri Lamouchi has been appointed as the club’s new head coach.
  • Nottingham Forest have hired Frenchman: Sabri Lamouchi as new Manager

What they do, get Katrien to do the interviews?
    Can't help but feel he might possibly have been lined up before O'Neill left!

Sorry cant accept that

Are you trying to suggest that English clubs have no integrity now? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

Really  ??  Lol

Really  ??  Lol
    Obviously i was being sarcastic seeing as there was about half an hour between the 2 announcements.
  • clive said:

Nottingham Forest can confirm that manager Martin O’Neill has left the club.

The club would like to thank Martin for all his efforts during his time at The City Ground and wish him well for the future.

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/2019/june/club-statement/

if recycling runs to form, O'Neill will finish up in China and probably not on the scrapheap
    Seriously ..  the number of foreign managers now spread throughout the EFL as well as the Prem is worrying
  • https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/28/martin-oneill-sacked-nottingham-forest-just-five-months-charge/

Apparently there was a players revolt against O'Neill

Certainly his Ireland side wasn't very progressive, and the game does move on 

Really  ??  Lol
    Obviously i was being sarcastic seeing as there was about half an hour between the 2 announcements.
    Did you see the  'lol' after my post.

Whooooosh. 
  • Frank Lampard has been excused from reporting back to Pre Season with Derby County - Wont be taking training either today or tomorrow and hasnt been announced who is doing it as presume Jody Morris will go back to Chelsea with Frank
  • It must be solely on his playing career for Chelsea, as 1 season as Manager at Derby and average season at that he is now looking at walking into a one of the top jobs in European football. Seems odd and unfair to me.
    If only the real world was like football world
  • It must be solely on his playing career for Chelsea, as 1 season as Manager at Derby and average season at that he is now looking at walking into a one of the top jobs in European football. Seems odd and unfair to me.
    If only the real world was like football world
    Donald Trump is president of America
    Borris Johnson will be Prime Minister of Great Britain.

Trust me the real world is as bad as the football world
    Well i doubt i would get a promotion like that after an average probation.
    I see your point though.
    Maybe i should have said in a normal working environment.