Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 EFL (League/Carabao) Cup

First round draw will take place live this Thursday from a Morrisons car park.....seriously.

Comments

• Michael Morrison and Van Morrison are doing the draw as well.
  • Actually its taking place inside the store, not the car park.
    I'm not sure if thats better or worse.
  • 70 EFL Clubs will feature in the Round One draw which will see teams drawn in Northern and Southern sections, as in 2018.

Matches are scheduled to take place week commencing 12 August.

Huddersfield Town will be included, while fellow Championship newcomers Cardiff City and Fulham join the competition in Round Two alongside the Premier League Clubs that are not competing in Europe.

• Michael Morrison and Van Morrison are doing the draw as well.
    Clinton is devastated.
  • edited June 2019
    https://www.efl.com/news/2019/june/201920-carabao-cup-round-one-draw-details

Often unique and unpredictable, the Carabao Cup continues to fly the competition’s flag across the globe as teams discover their fate in draws held worldwide. From Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City, the 2019/20 Round One draw now stops at a popular London supermarket chain.

Live from Morrisons, Colindale at 7pm on Thursday 20 June, the draw will take place within a short distance from Wembley Stadium – the home of the Carabao Cup Final. Conducted by two former EFL Cup winners, supporters will be able to engage with the competition as they go about their daily routine… A true modern-day supermarket sweep!

Drawing the 70 balls from the hat will be footballing legend, John Barnes and Arsenal fan favourite, Ray Parlour as they select the 35 fixtures for Round One, which includes EFL Clubs from Carlisle all the way down to Plymouth and features EFL Cup debutants Salford City.

Fans will be able to watch the draw live in store and also tune in to the Carabao Cup Facebook page, with live text updates on EFL Twitter and EFL.com.

John Barnes commented: “I’m delighted to be involved in the Carabao Cup Round One draw this season, it’s a fantastic competition and Round One is always a great occasion for fans of EFL Clubs. They get an early glimpse of their summer signings and can be a good opportunity for families to get together and watch their local team thanks to how accessible the Cup is.”

On the Carabao Cup, Ray Parlour said: “I always enjoy watching the Carabao Cup so it’s great to be involved in the Round One draw. Hosting the draw in a supermarket as fans go about their daily lives provides them with a great opportunity to engage with the competition and I can’t wait to see who will be crowned Carabao Cup winners this season.”  

• Almost tempted to visit that store as it's quite near me.

But I won't
  • Isn’t it usually a different day to the league fixture release?
  • MrLargo said:
    There are few things more exciting than a League Cup draw, particularly since Carabao started sponsoring the competition. I'm hoping for an away trip to Cambridge and a simultaneous home tie against Gillingham or Portsmouth. If we can get through that, I'd like to play West Ham in the second round, but with neither us nor them knowing what the venue is.

Bit like 2017, but with better opposition. 
    Always exciting waiting to find out which team we'll crash out of in the 1st round against
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    Isn’t it usually a different day to the league fixture release?
    I thought it was usually the day before
  • 70 EFL Clubs will feature in the Round One draw which will see teams drawn in Northern and Southern sections, as in 2018.

Huddersfield Town will be included, while fellow Championship newcomers Cardiff City and Fulham join the competition in Round Two alongside the Premier League Clubs that are not competing in Europe.

How come Huddersfield are in the first round but Cardiff & Fulham don’t join until the second? 
  • se9addick said:

70 EFL Clubs will feature in the Round One draw which will see teams drawn in Northern and Southern sections, as in 2018.

How come Huddersfield are in the first round but Cardiff & Fulham don’t join until the second? 
    Down to how numbers are needed to be made up for the first and second round draws. Huddersfield finished bottom so they were lower in the league.

70 league clubs in round 1.
    35 winning league clubs + Cardiff + Fulham + 13 premier league clubs not in Europe in round 2 = 50 teams
    25 winning teams + 7 premier league clubs in Europe make up the last 32 in round 3.

• Throughly excited for the Tuesday night trip to Morecambe to see the development side lose 1-0.
  • First round draw will take place live this Thursday from a Morrisons car park.....seriously.
    Are they using Morrisons Scotch Eggs for the balls?
  • se9addick said:

70 EFL Clubs will feature in the Round One draw which will see teams drawn in Northern and Southern sections, as in 2018.

So that we get more chance of playing them as they know how much we like Huddersfield
  • MrOneLung said:
    https://www.efl.com/news/2019/june/201920-carabao-cup-round-one-draw-details

Often unique and unpredictable, the Carabao Cup continues to fly the competition’s flag across the globe as teams discover their fate in draws held worldwide. From Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City, the 2019/20 Round One draw now stops at a popular London supermarket chain.

Live from Morrisons, Colindale at 7pm on Thursday 20 June, the draw will take place within a short distance from Wembley Stadium – the home of the Carabao Cup Final. Conducted by two former EFL Cup winners, supporters will be able to engage with the competition as they go about their daily routine… A true modern-day supermarket sweep!

Drawing the 70 balls from the hat will be footballing legend, John Barnes and Arsenal fan favourite, Ray Parlour as they select the 35 fixtures for Round One, which includes EFL Clubs from Carlisle all the way down to Plymouth and features EFL Cup debutants Salford City.

Fans will be able to watch the draw live in store and also tune in to the Carabao Cup Facebook page, with live text updates on EFL Twitter and EFL.com.

John Barnes commented: “I’m delighted to be involved in the Carabao Cup Round One draw this season, it’s a fantastic competition and Round One is always a great occasion for fans of EFL Clubs. They get an early glimpse of their summer signings and can be a good opportunity for families to get together and watch their local team thanks to how accessible the Cup is.”

On the Carabao Cup, Ray Parlour said: “I always enjoy watching the Carabao Cup so it’s great to be involved in the Round One draw. Hosting the draw in a supermarket as fans go about their daily lives provides them with a great opportunity to engage with the competition and I can’t wait to see who will be crowned Carabao Cup winners this season.”  

What are the chances that Ray Parlour actually said that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cambridge away please
  • First round draw will take place live this Thursday from a Morrisons car park.....seriously.
    Are they using Morrisons Scotch Eggs for the balls?
    Or falafels to keep the vegans on this board happy  ;)
  • Newport or forest green please 
  • clb74 said:
    Newport or forest green please 
    Me too, as long as it's away.
  • clb74 said:
    Newport or forest green please 
    Me too, as long as it's away.
    Yes sorry
    Pick me up on the way through.
  • Half hour to go
  • Newport away would be nice.
  • Where can one watch the draw?
  • The Carabao Cup Round One draw will take place at 7pm on Thursday, 20th June, live from Morrisons, Colindale.

Fans will be able to watch the draw live in the store and also tune in to the Carabao Cup Facebook and Twitter pages, with live text updates across EFL Channels and EFL.com.