Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019/20 EFL (League/Carabao) Cup

Comments

• Options
    Are Liverpool's squad numbers the highest ever picked? They start at 51 and go up to 99!
  • Options
    Thank you Aston Villa... In one half you've saved the Universe from having to put up with Liverpool winning six trophies in a single season

Leicester City | Atletico Madrid | Monterray or Flamengo | Everton... You all know your mission!! - Execute Order... 66
  • Options
    Fair play to Liverpool for putting a team out.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    IMHO this situation makes the EFL cup a complete farce and an irrelevance.
  • Options
    The brightside

No quadruple or domestic treble for the Scousers
  • Options
    The brightside

No quadruple or domestic treble for the Scousers
    Think, they will be happy with just the one, if it’s the league.
  • Options
    Would have been more of a farce if Liverpool had dropped out of the competition, as United did with the FA Cup when faced with the same dilemma. 
  • Options
    What about the Liverpool version of Seb?
    doubt can make tonight’s game and tomorrow’s game in Qatar. 

• Options
    didn't realise the club world cup was taken seriously. thought it was just a glorified friendly tournament.
    then again the league cup hasn't been taken seriously for a while by alot of teams. including us. 
    Prize money for winning the World club cup - £3.75m
    Prize money for winning the Carabao cup - £100k.

Never any doubt which one they'd take more seriously.

Also think too much is being made of the side Liverpool fielded last night. Yes it was full of youngsters, but Liverpool were apparently given other date options for the tie and they chose last night despite knowing the senior side would be in Qatar. Klopp simply doesn't care about the league cup.

He fielded a side against Arsenal in the last round that he thought would lose, and even if they weren't in Qatar i'm sure he would've fielded a pretty weak side last night anyway, as the last thing he would've wanted was extra games in January for the 2 leg semi final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Would have been more of a farce if Liverpool had dropped out of the competition, as United did with the FA Cup when faced with the same dilemma. 
    Villa didn't have the extreme discourteousy to put out a bunch of kids, however, their team was pretty much their second string and shows how strong are the squads of even some struggling Premier teams
  • Options
    Semi Finals:
    Man United v Man City 
    Leicester v Villa
  • Options
    That means in the space of 2 weeks City could face Leicester away in the league, Real Madrid away in the Champions league, Leicester at Wembley in the final and then Man Utd away in the league.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thought the draw last night was dodgy? United out first and before Wise picked the next ball out Kamara saying "Is it a hot one"
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thought the draw last night was dodgy? United out first and before Wise picked the next ball out Kamara saying "Is it a hot one"
    People will always say that.

They say it's fixed as it as, but then you'd probably have got other people saying it was fixed for a Manchester derby final if they'd been kept apart.
  • Options

They say it's fixed as it as, but then you'd probably have got other people saying it was fixed for a Manchester derby final if they'd been kept apart.
    The only argument for a fix would’ve been if Man U got Villa as there’s a limited chance they would beat Leicester 
  • Options

The only argument for a fix would’ve been if Man U got Villa as there’s a limited chance they would beat Leicester 
    You never know, they beat Leicester earlier this season, only team Liverpool haven't beaten and are undefeated against all the current top 8
  • Options
    Looks like Aston Villa have just booked their place in the League Cup Final
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Leicester vs Man City would have been a great final.
    Can’t help but think City Villa is a bit meh
  • Options
    going to be a very one-sided final 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wembley 2 seasons running for Villa, well done.
  • Options
    Really surprised at that result. 
  • Options
    Villa well worth the win .. Foxes have gone right off the boil after a great start to the season.
  • Options
    the formation Man City have lined up in tonight, as far as I can tell
  • Options
    1-0 United on the night. Game on.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Think it's more 3-2-4-1

Cancelo, Otamendi and Walker at CB

Gundogan and Rodri infont of them 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Think it's more 3-2-4-1

Trust me Cancelo has been playing like a wing back all game so far
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Think it's more 3-2-4-1

Trust me Cancelo has been playing like a wing back all game so far
    Haha, I have not been watching so just guessed lol
  • Options
    What the hell were Man City doing just there!!

Just shoot