Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What could we do if Bowyer leaves ?

edited June 2019 in General Charlton
Fanny Fanackapan has asked this question twice recently with little response.
I've been asked for a response so here are a few thoughts to start the ball rolling.

1 A weekend (Saturday or Sunday) protest at The Valley, which may or may not involve occupying The Valley.

2 A weekend sit down protest outside The Valley, sitting in the roads.

3 A trip to Belgium to protest in St Truiden perhaps outside Mr Duchatelet's property.

All sensible views are welcome, but it's best we offer opinions without arguing.

Comments

• do not mean to shout down ideas but we have had protesting peacefully so many times and it has had v little effect, the season ticket sales slowing down have had v little effect, this man is a cretin and believe he will go when he wants to go, i have always thought his long term plan was to sell the club on for a decent wedge of profit but who knows. 
  • do not mean to shout down ideas but we have had protesting peacefully so many times and it has had v little effect, the season ticket sales slowing down have had v little effect, this man is a cretin and believe he will go when he wants to go, i have always thought his long term plan was to sell the club on for a decent wedge of profit but who knows. 
    Yet another failure then
  • We could always try this bit of advice.
  • edited June 2019

I genuinely think we should wait to see how things pan out over the next couple of weeks. There has been a few times in the past when there has been rumoured worst case scenarios (for example, firesales towards the end of transfer windows) that just haven't emerged.

If Bowyer does not stay, there is no doubt that many of us will be completely gutted. The liklihood i assume would be Jackson would then trotted out and there will be a fresh wave of get behind Jacko, he needs our support etc, which will probably split fans further. 

If Bowyer and Jacko go then we will probably be back to Jan 16 times and escalated anarchy and widespread protest. But i don't think its worthwhile fearing the worst until it becomes clear that that is the situation imo.  

Yes, but as no doubt RD's spies will be reading this & reporting back.
    It will at least be clear that if Bowyer doesn't stay, then RD will feel a backlash, which may well cost him more money than giving Lee a decent deal.

So even on a financial level RD needs to be aware of what he is doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• I genuinely think we should wait to see how things pan out over the next couple of weeks. There has been a few times in the past when there has been rumoured worst case scenarios (for example, firesales towards the end of transfer windows) that just haven't emerged.

If Bowyer does not stay, there is no doubt that many of us will be completely gutted. The liklihood i assume would be Jackson would then trotted out and there will be a fresh wave of get behind Jacko, he needs our support etc, which will probably split fans further. 

If Bowyer and Jacko go then we will probably be back to Jan 16 times and escalated anarchy and widespread protest. But i don't think its worthwhile fearing the worst until it becomes clear that that is the situation imo.  

Yes, but as no doubt RD's spies will be reading this & reporting back.
    It will at least be clear that if Bowyer doesn't stay, then RD will feel a backlash, which may well cost him more money than giving Lee a decent deal.

So even on a financial level RD needs to be aware of what he is doing.
    Pretty sure RD knows exactly what will happen if Bows and star players leave. Whether he cares is one thing, bit whether the fans can cause sufficient unrest for him to force him out is another. The reality is somebody needs to be a credible buyer at any cost as the league would need to see their business plan to take the club forward. I think seeing how other clubs have been struggling with finances lately the league may just start to be more judging of new owners.
  • edited June 2019
    Bowyer going yet Jacko staying won't work for me.

Jacko is a good guy, but when Fraeye was appointed the club framed it that Fraeye was the 'mastermind' behind the success of Riga in his first spell.

Well that went well didn't it? Culminating in Laundrybasketgate.

The overall field of conflict next season will be the much higher profile Championship. We will have this one opportunity before our inevitable relegation to get creative and take action.

Passive acceptance would be true Charlton 'Pathetic'.
  • just promoted and yet pessimism still reigns .. hope we all have a happy (lol, that'll be the day) 2019/20 season ((:>)
  • Roland is actually quite the simpleton.

This does not require an awful load amount of thinking and planning.

He is a one dimensional fruit loop.

His gob opens up before he thinks about what he is saying.

Just bully him out.

• All 3, emphasis on doorstepping the deceitful old lunatic in Belgium.
    He can't function face to face.  In person encounters upset him.  He always reacts after personal interaction.
    The threatening behaviour of Standard Liége fans must be condemned and must not be emulated.
    Persistent pressure just the legal side of harassment will bring forward the sale.  He understands nothing else.
  • I am going to kick my cat!

Bollox, haven't got one.
  • edited June 2019
    It has to be option three . Protests at The Valley do not affect the old fool at all.  He absolutely hates it when we are in his home town but hang fire for the time being and see what happens. It's only June the 10th.
  • I am going to kick my cat!

Bollox, haven't got one.
    I've got two,will kick them both🐈
  • Sponsored links:

• It has to be option three . Protests at The Valley do not affect the old fool at all.  He absolutely hates it when we are in his home town but hang fire for the time being and see what happens. It's only June the 10th.
    How long do we give him then?
  • Open Rowell then there will be a player revolt led by Lyle Taylor.

so I would recommend an open top bus ride on the first day of the new season (ideally or just before if more practicable) through Sint Truiden with all our currently contracted players and as many ex- players and on the bus with a replica of the 3rd place play off.

We can prepare Belgian press with a ’Du Shit’s Shit’  bingo card.

• edited June 2019
    seth plum said:
    Bowyer going yet Jacko staying won't work for me.

Jacko is a good guy, but when Fraeye was appointed the club framed it that Fraeye was the 'mastermind' behind the success of Riga in his first spell.

Well that went well didn't it? Culminating in Laundrybasketgate.

The overall field of conflict next season will be the much higher profile Championship. We will have this one opportunity before our inevitable relegation to get creative and take action.I

Passive acceptance would be true Charlton 'Pathetic'.
    In Roland's world Karel Fraeye is a manager with Championship experience, which Bowyer doesn't have, and at a cheaper price too.

Win, win.
  • What's this Lee Bowyer guy done anyway??
    Everyone seems to be raving about him??
    Not sure why?
    Or have I missed something?
  • It has to be option three . Protests at The Valley do not affect the old fool at all.  He absolutely hates it when we are in his home town but hang fire for the time being and see what happens. It's only June the 10th.
    How long do we give him then?

Until we know if Bowyer has signed which has to be in the next week or two at latest.
  • Protests will not work, simple as that.

Football fans are fickle and ours are no different, Blackpool and Coventry fans appear to be the only hard line protesters. As said in one of the pre-play off final threads a Blackpool fan was surprised that we had sold as many Wembley tickets as he thought we were protesting.

We had 3 x big televised games watched by media and fans of other clubs to show what we think of RD yet not one sign of a Black & White item, not a banner nor a protest song sung.

When things are on the up all is forgotten, when things take a downward turn talk of action re-surfaces again.

RD will sell and move on when it suits him, not because we are throwing plastic toys on the pitch or sitting in/outside The Valley. What he does along the way to harm our club has long slipped out of our hands so we may as well buckle up for the ride ahead.

• As i've always said, the protest at 'home' cause him no discomfort whatsoever, all they do is serve the purpose of whipping up the frenzy of the CL cult. He doesnt give a toss.
    The protests in ST have clearly had a big impact with RD, as proved by his outbursts after said protests, and made him feel very uncomfortable.
    But, you have to remember, after all the protesting,he still owns us. He still wants his big wedge for the club, and no amount of protesting has got him to budge.

In some respects , i have a (little) bit of admiration for him and KM, after what has been thrown at them.

• The same as we did when Chris Powell left - nothing. If Bowyer refuses to sign and leaves it's his choice (and who could blame him?).  
  • Burn down Roland's house?
  • As i've always said, the protest at 'home' cause him no discomfort whatsoever, all they do is serve the purpose of whipping up the frenzy of the CL cult. He doesnt give a toss.
    The protests in ST have clearly had a big impact with RD, as proved by his outbursts after said protests, and made him feel very uncomfortable.
    But, you have to remember, after all the protesting,he still owns us. He still wants his big wedge for the club, and no amount of protesting has got him to budge.

In some respects , i have a (little) bit of admiration for him and KM, after what has been thrown at them.

Then the next thing to do would perhaps be to up the level of protests or take them to somewhere not previously visited in Belgium.

I can't remember if previous protests have ever taken place at his companies offices or even in his street/outside his house?