Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What could we do if Bowyer leaves ?

Comments

• we could kidnap Charles Michel's dog until he makes RD sell up
  • Burn down Roland's house?
    Probably not a wise thing to say .
  • It was tempting and what I needed to buy was Bowyer being signed up. I didn't see any reason why that couldn't happen within the two week window at League One prices! Other than our owner being our owner of course. Something is clearly up - he may still sign, but there is a lot of work that needs doing for next season, and this should be out of the way already!
  • Protest in The Grand Place in Brussels...would certainly make the news in Belgium.
  • Protest in The Grand Place in Brussels...would certainly make the news in Belgium.
    I was wondering if they had an equivalent of Trafalgar Square.
  • What's this Lee Bowyer guy done anyway??
    Everyone seems to be raving about him??
    Not sure why?
    Or have I missed something?
    Ha?
    You're absolutely right Beds, not the wisest thing but it did inspire me to pen a new chant:

Watch out, we might get what we're after
    Two Shats: he’s strange, there’s no-one stranger
    He’s no ordinary guy
    Roland is a louse!

To the tune of Burning Down The House by Talking Heads.

• Sponsored links:

• We could all say “Hmmm, that @Fumbluff was right AGAIN”
  • As i've always said, the protest at 'home' cause him no discomfort whatsoever, all they do is serve the purpose of whipping up the frenzy of the CL cult. He doesnt give a toss.
    The protests in ST have clearly had a big impact with RD, as proved by his outbursts after said protests, and made him feel very uncomfortable.
    But, you have to remember, after all the protesting,he still owns us. He still wants his big wedge for the club, and no amount of protesting has got him to budge.

In some respects , i have a (little) bit of admiration for him and KM, after what has been thrown at them.

You almost got a like, until the final line.
  • If it all goes tits up & by July 1st LB has walked & we haven't signed any new players then I would advocate (and happy to participate) the following....

Direct action & contact in Belgium with RD. Even tell the press & his puppy dog Mr White what we are going to do. Maximum exposure.

Home games. Protests by throwing pigs & taxis onto the pitch has had its day. It now needs to ramped up. Not to annoy RD as he wont be watching, but to annoy the EFL & get them to act. Stop a game from going ahead completely. Super glue ourselves to the gates & entrances so players & officials cant get in. Look what the climate change people did in C London. Not once but every home game. As from the start of the season CAFC doesn't play at The Valley. 
  • Roland featured in a film about two small political parties made by his buddy (and possible minority shareholder in Staprix) Jan Bucquoy. The film was a comparison of two minor political parties, Vivant and Tarte. We all know about Roland's party, but Tarte was the satirical creation of Belgian entarteur Noel Godin, famous for launching a custard pie at Bill Gates. The Wikipedia article on Godin claims "his goal has long been to "entarter" as many people like Gates as possible - people he feels are particularly self-important and lacking a sense of humor (sic)."

I'll leave that thought there.
    I was wondering if they had an equivalent of Trafalgar Square.

Yes The Grand Place is that equivalent....might be worth putting a Charlton shirt on Little Julien....the pissing boy....or vinegar pisser if your Roland.
  • I went to Brussels last Christmas and it is feasible to put a protest shirt on that pissing statue. It is often dressed by people. Of course it would be taken off quickly but not before a lot of photos can be taken.
  • But every week at 3:01. 
    Except that after the first time the EFL will order games played behind closed doors. 
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah, actually doing it on the other hand you have my blessing.
  • If it all goes tits up & by July 1st LB has walked & we haven't signed any new players then I would advocate (and happy to participate) the following....

Direct action & contact in Belgium with RD. Even tell the press & his puppy dog Mr White what we are going to do. Maximum exposure.

Home games. Protests by throwing pigs & taxis onto the pitch has had its day. It now needs to ramped up. Not to annoy RD as he wont be watching, but to annoy the EFL & get them to act. Stop a game from going ahead completely. Super glue ourselves to the gates & entrances so players & officials cant get in. Look what the climate change people did in C London. Not once but every home game. As from the start of the season CAFC doesn't play at The Valley. 
    Personally I've never really understood what people expect the EFL to do? The club is a private business owned by Roland - they can't force him to sell. All they can do is punish the fans (by forcing us to play behind closed doors), apply points deductions, or kick us out of the league. Is that what we want? 
  • If Lee Bowyer leaves, then all options will be on the table in terms of ramped up protests, including in Roland’s back yard.

The man is a disgrace.
  • How many times has Bowyer made it clear that he wants to stay and continue managing Charlton?

Then he lets it be known that he received a rather confusing contract offer via email (or something) and said that he didn't know quite what to make of it.

Roland, you are either in or you are out.

If LB leaves the club. Then you are solely responsible for it.

If your ownership of Charlton continues to be historically disgraceful....then you need to be completely exposed and psychologically trodden on. 
  • Make a human barricade outside the valley
  • I wonder if Bowyer does leave, what that mouthy lot on the Facebook group will say?

Will they still bitch about CARD? 
  • Jodaius said:
    But every week at 3:01. 
    Except that after the first time the EFL will order games played behind closed doors. 
    Even better, no cash in Rolands pocket
  • Does Roland like milkshakes?
  • I wonder if Bowyer does leave, what that mouthy lot on the Facebook group will say?

Will they still bitch about CARD? 
    Yep, they are probably sharpening the knives already.
  • edited June 2019
    I hope you are reading this LDT, because it will cost RD less money to give Lee Bowyer a decent contract, than to not give Lee a decent contract !

I'm quite certain that it will cost RD more than £100Kpa if Lee isn't signed up this week !

Even if you look at gate money alone, a decrease of 2,000 per game, call it 50,000 in aggregate over the season at say £10 = £500,000, that's without additional stewarding and everything else that may come on top.