Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Correct sub by England as Kirby had been wasteful this half.
  • Scotish commentator on BBC still moaning about the penalty, saying take that VAR decision away and it was 1-1

Idiot, her arm was in an unnatural position and hit her, if it was the other way he would  be saying it was a certain penalty
  • Would rather watch my local pubs Sunday league team than women’s football. Utter dross 
    People have blinkers on unfortunatly.

They could watch the best game of womens football and claim its rubbish just because its womens football.

I have watched every game this worldcup so far and there have been so really good games
  • England women are going to wipe the floor with the jockettes.
    That happened 2 years ago when Scotland had their best 5 players all injured.
    England should still edge it but Cuthbert, Little, Beattie are top players and if England don't bring there A game a surprise is possible.

Superb 1st half England, excellent 2nd half Scotland. 
    3 points and decent  1st game but Neville annoyed at England slacking off in 2nd half.

TBF good judges thought it would be close !
  • How many games do some international womens teams play?

Just read there's a woman in this tournament for Canada (Christine Sinclair) who in a 17 year career so far has 281 caps and 181 goals!! Wtf!

Thinking this must be a record i looked on wiki and..........no. There are 2 American's with over 300 caps! The highest got 354. 

How do they find the time to actually play any club football?
  • This is a far more entertaining game than most England men's national team matches I've seen the last few years.
    You can’t have watched many then
    Like the classic This afternoon ?
    Appears the people more fascinated with comparing women’s football to men’s are the fans of women’s football themselves 
  • but you could get good matches in the pensioner World Cup or the Boy Scouts World Cup bit it doesn't mean it is a good standard. 

Said it before, could I return top 100 women’s Tennis players serve?
    No

could I beat Dina Asher Smith in a race ?
    No

could I hit an England women’s team bowler for 6?
    Doubt it.

Could i outdo Lindsay Vonn down a black run?
    Course not.  

Could me and my mates hold hold our own against the top women’s football teams?
    Probably -  if you took off 20 years and rewound our fitness  

• How do they find the time to actually play any club football?
    Or do the housework.
  • edited June 2019
    Would rather watch my local pubs Sunday league team than women’s football. Utter dross 
    Did you watch the whole  game and were you sober ?
    Your dad think women should be in the kitchen (his quote from last year)like father like son.

I bet you were excited at that 0-0 this afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• England with some truly awful decision-making around the Scottish box, otherwise that could have been 5 or 6. A good team we have though
  • I know it’s not for everyone but to be honest I’ve watched some of the women’s World Cup and I’ve been really impressed with the football. I think they’ve been using a Mitre.
  • MrOneLung said:
    but you could get good matches in the pensioner World Cup or the Boy Scouts World Cup bit it doesn't mean it is a good standard. 

No

No

Doubt it.

Course not.  

I'm sure you could.
  • Would rather watch my local pubs Sunday league team than women’s football. Utter dross 

They could watch the best game of womens football and claim its rubbish just because its womens football.

I have watched every game this worldcup so far and there have been so really good games
    Not blinkers, I just think it’s a double pony 
  • The reason women's football won't ever grow that big is not only the crass comments about housework and getting the dinner ready,but I haven't noticed any comments from the dozen or so female CL members.

I enjoy it :)
    Did you watch the whole  game and were you sober ?
    Your dad think women should be in the kitchen (his quote from last year)like father like son.

I bet you were excited at that 0-0 this afternoon.
    Don’t think they belong in the kitchen, they can do what they like, play whatever sport they like, but if the standard is bad (which it is) then I won’t watch it and it really is quite that simple 
  • Laboured performance by England, lacking in energy. Quite disappointing

If England win it will you get Phil Neville's name tattooed on your arse? ;)

I've been really impressed by some of the teams - the women's game continues to improve. There are plenty of dinosaurs who won't acknowledge the quality.

• edited June 2019
    Laboured performance by England, lacking in energy. Quite disappointing
    The first half England  were sharp and full of energy, it was only after Kim Little, Emsley and Cuthbert started to play that England wobbled a tad. A good win with an easier game against Argentina next. (Fingers crossed)
  • Sponsored links:

• So you are blaming women for not watching as the reason it is not growing?

bit sexist. 
  • edited June 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    So you are blaming women for not watching as the reason it is not growing?

bit sexist. 
    Even with one lung that is a great retort.
    If my daughter is an example even though she played football, mainly for fitness when she wasn't running or playing county netball, she never watches football, and my wife will watch some men's matches but never watches female football.

Yes guilty as charged because if woman make up 51% of the population and  Chelsea v Man city women is watched by 2500 and Chelsea v Man City men are watched by 45000, then not only aren't many men watching but nor are females so I would say it a fact that it will limit how far the women's game of football can grow.

Must admit it takes some getting used to seeing the two scousers Greenwood and Duggan with full make up and false eyelashes on when playing. There I go again being sexist !
  • The reason women's football won't ever grow that big is not only the crass comments about housework and getting the dinner ready,but I haven't noticed any comments from the dozen or so female CL members.

I enjoy it :)
    I hate political correctness and avidly believe in freedom of speech.

That said I venture to suggest the women members might find some of the attitudes expressed on the thead  a bit patronising so maybe don't wish to participate for that reason.
  • edited June 2019
    Emsley was the best player on the pitch for me - not sure how the experts couldn't see that. I would take her and Cuthbert into the England team and it would be very, very strong! England looked good in the first half but hopefully that second half is out of their system. Mead looked good in the She Believes Cup but I thought she was poor today. I thought Kirby was a forward, her replacement looked a much better midfielder. 

I thought it was an enjoyable game though. Scotland have three or four decent players and three or four players who are well below what is required, but we couldn't have complained if they got a point today.

Women's football is like Women's tennis - watch it for what it is and it is enjoyable and it is constantly improving too. 
  • edited June 2019
    Think the standard has improved vastly in general particularly in a few short recent years.

Enjoyed the parts of the game today I caught and was some good technical stuff and good passages of play. 

The game will continue to evolve and improve. 

Used to irk me the disproportionate coverage the BBC affords it but if it raises the participation and interest as a result then it's a good thing. That will likely see the game improve too as a whole.
  • Think the standard has improved vastly in general particularly in a few short recent years.

Enjoyed the parts of the game today I caught and was some good technical stuff and good passages of play. 

The game will continue to evolve and improve. 

Used to irk me the disproportionate coverage the BBC affords it but if it raises the participation and interest as a result then it's a good thing. That will likely see the game improve too as a whole.

Disproportionate??? What else do they have? Bargain hunt?
  • edited June 2019
    MrOneLung said:
    but you could get good matches in the pensioner World Cup or the Boy Scouts World Cup bit it doesn't mean it is a good standard. 

No

No

Doubt it.

Course not.  

Because football is a contact sport.
    Men's power will negate even the most skilfull female Footballers.
    Tennis is a contact sport but only with the racket not your body crashing into a female.

For the record your dog and duck pub second team from back in the day wouldn't  beat the English women's team but the Charlton U18's boys team would.

• Us league one graduates should feel quite at home in this tournament - standard wise...
  • Watched the first half and a bit of the second, thought the standard was good and Scotland have improved since the tonking they got from England last time round.

I’m not sure (although I could guess) why people keep comparing it to the men’s game, surely they have the intellectual capability to realise they are looking at two totally different things?