Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Giro d'Italia (2019 from page 5)

Comments

• edited May 2019
    Nice kit... I like the Ineos logo...

• Pity about what Ineos does.

I understand that the Tour of Yorkshire will have protests about the fracking Ineos is involved in.
  • iainment said:
    Pity about what Ineos does.

I understand that the Tour of Yorkshire will have protests about the fracking Ineos is involved in.
    apparently so .. agree, its a pity
  • edited May 2019
    I'm going to protest as well.

SKY used Jags as their support vehicles.
  • Hated Murdoch, power hungry not quite politician businessman who has screwed up the UK and other countries through his media control.

Jim Radcliffe is a chemical engineer who has made a lot of money out of initially doing what every country was doing inefficiently in listed groups or owned by the government ( think ICI for the UK) and now has more money than he can shake a stick at. Now deffo involved more in the likes of fracking than in any renewable play as the petrochemicals feed the supply chain of Ineos.

Both are very very rich men who are now looking for ways to enjoy their influence and money. Neither work for, or believe in the ideals of Greenpeace. 

• Hated Murdoch, power hungry not quite politician businessman who has screwed up the UK and other countries through his media control.

Jim Radcliffe is a chemical engineer who has made a lot of money out of initially doing what every country was doing inefficiently in listed groups or owned by the government ( think ICI for the UK) and now has more money than he can shake a stick at. Now deffo involved more in the likes of fracking than in any renewable play as the petrochemicals feed the supply chain of Ineos.

Both are very very rich men who are now looking for ways to enjoy their influence and money. Neither work for, or believe in the ideals of Greenpeace. 

Both are scum. Is there any issues with Mitchelton–Scott? If not I know who I'll be supporting. 
  • So , it starts again on Saturday, really looking forward to the first Grand Tour of the year. Can't choose between Primoz Roglic ,Tom Dumoulin or Simon Yates for the title this year , going to be close as always. Highlights available on Quest again this year , freeview 37 , usually 7.00pm  bring it on.
  • Egan Bernel broke his collar bone on Saturday.

Looks like Tao Geoghegan Hart will get his first chance to lead the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Egan Bernel broke his collar bone on Saturday.

Looks like Tao Geoghegan Hart will get his first chance to lead the team.
    Such a pity for him but gives Geoghan Hart a great opportunity - he is emerging as a terrific talent. 
  • So , it starts again on Saturday, really looking forward to the first Grand Tour of the year. Can't choose between Primoz Roglic ,Tom Dumoulin or Simon Yates for the title this year , going to be close as always. Highlights available on Quest again this year , freeview 37 , usually 7.00pm  bring it on.
    Yates still believes he has a job to finish - should be exciting to watch. 
  • Marcel Kittel has resigned from Katusha

Quite shocked by that as the bloke is a brilliant sprinter... Seems to need a break though so wonder if we'll see him racing again
  • Marcel Kittel has resigned from Katusha

Quite shocked by that as the bloke is a brilliant sprinter... Seems to need a break though so wonder if we'll see him racing again
    Not surprised. He went to the wrong team. 
  • Gaviria wants to take note...

Both Cavendish and Kittel ex-Team Quickstep and after leaving (Usually when a new kid comes through) havent been quite the same again
  • Quittel's head isn't right - never has been. He couldn't understand that being dropped off in an Uber 300 yards from the finish, then throwing down 2000 watts in a sprint doesn't always mean you'll win it. 

Shame - when he was on form it was absolutely immense to watch
  • Cavendish has paid a nice tribute to him, its a shame as Cav v Kittel has been one of the best rivalries recently

(Sadly one that Kittel won all too often, a peak Cavendish v Kittel battle would have excellent to watch)

• Great words from Cav
  • well, just caught up with the first two stages. Roglic looks very good, especially with his recent win at the tour de Romandie. surprised Dumolin lost as much time as he did in the time trial. very unlike him.  didn't know BMC are no more, now that they have merged with CCC. 

loved what Yates said in an interview the other day. asked who is the favourite for the Giro? he says "Me" and how would you feel if you were in your rivals shoes? "I would be scared, I'd be shitting myself"
  • well, just caught up with the first two stages. Roglic looks very good, especially with his recent win at the tour de Romandie. surprised Dumolin lost as much time as he did in the time trial. very unlike him.  didn't know BMC are no more, now that they have merged with CCC. 

loved what Yates said in an interview the other day. asked who is the favourite for the Giro? he says "Me" and how would you feel if you were in your rivals shoes? "I would be scared, I'd be shitting myself"
    Yes Yatesy does not say much but when he does they are pearls of wisdom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting race so far. Dumoulin will probably now only use this as training for the Tour.

Tao unfortunate with the crash but will learn a lot over the 3 weeks ... such a pity Bernal didn’t make it. Ackermann looking incredibly strong in the sprints - amazing it is his first Grand Tour. 

I’ve thought for a while that Roglic had a 3-week win in him and this could be it. However, I fancy Yates to take him over the last 4 days. 

• Ackermann looking very strong, another young gun coming through the ranks. 
  • Yates in a spot of bother. not helped by that crash a few stages back. 3mins down on the favourite Roglic. so far not the best week of racing I've seen but i'm sure its gonna pick up over the next few stages. probably hasn't helped with the weather. 
  • Great ride by Yates today after yesterdays disappointment.

Back in the game.
  • The first three stages of the 2020 Giro d’Italia set to take place in Budapest, Hungary, have been cancelled.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/giro-ditalia/giro-ditalias-three-hungary-stages-have-been-cancelled-451548

• Gutted it's the start of my cycling sofa season.  I'll be mystified and patient if PR and Ardennes Classics are off.  My best wishes to all people affected from Covid-19 but..... couldn't care less about the football season will just miss the Giro the most.
  • Can’t help thinking that all elite sport will be off for at least the next 6 months. Hopefully no longer than that.
  • i was looking forward to the Budapest part as well. love that city. anyway, obviously the right call. 
  • The 2020 Giro d’Italia has been postponed, race organisers have announced.

The decision follows Hungary’s decision to cancel the opening three stages of the Italian Grand Tour, due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, with race organisers RCS Sport now saying they will look for a new date for the race.

Such a pity. 

• Strong Ineos team

THOMAS Geraint
    CASTROVIEJO Jonathan
    DENNIS Rohan
    GANNA Filippo
    GEOGHEGAN HART Tao
    NARVÁEZ Jhonatan
    PUCCIO Salvatore
    SWIFT Ben