Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man City Training on our Pitch?

Comments

• Options
    charltonJ said:
    We really do have a fantastic stadium. 
    This 
  • Options
    charltonJ said:
    We really do have a fantastic stadium. 
    Proper stadium, better than Spurs ;-)
  • Options
    whats the betting they play us in a pre season friendly at the Valley (...
  • Options
    Would interpret it as a point of solidarity against silly bollocks.  

Unless I've been whoosed there
    That was my first thought.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the end of the day it's pitch hire, like any other non Charlton use of the stadium

The club will get the payment for it, which will have an insignificant effect on the losses Roland is incurring. But it is good publicity for the club, and maybe will help encourage further bids for the club...
  • Options
    Strange they would practice at the valley as you would expect they would be staying north of London paying Spurs ie St Albans area 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    Strange they would practice at the valley as you would expect they would be staying north of London paying Spurs ie St Albans area 
    We have a great pitch that's quite large, free this weekend and of a far higher quality than most lower/non league ground in the country, I'm surprised more teams don't use it
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Aguero the best player (in terms of contemporary form) to ever play on our pitch? 
    Ronaldo surely
    Aguero is better now than Ronaldo was then
    Henry 
  • Options
    Maybe back again on monday before moving over the river to play Tottenham on tuesday.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    ct_addick said:
    We have a great pitch that's quite large, free this weekend and of a far higher quality than most lower/non league ground in the country, I'm surprised more teams don't use it
    I thought our pitch has looked a bit rougher than usual , not the billiard table it once was , still decent enough 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Playing at the new state-of-the-art stadium in North London in midweek, they needed something as close as possible to get a feel for a stadium of that quality. Hence why they picked the Valley.
  • Options
    I suspect Aguero is nervous. As a professional, he would know that if Yann was mysteriously to return that Pep would snap him up and he would be out of a job.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Aguero the best player (in terms of contemporary form) to ever play on our pitch? 
    Ronaldo surely
    Aguero is better now than Ronaldo was then
    Henry 

• Options
    Times have changed since Liverpool trained at Croydon Athletic before a cup final.  
  • Options
    Would interpret it as a point of solidarity against silly bollocks.  

Unless I've been whoosed there
    Because the OP said 'owners' rather than 'them' or 'the club', that's the way I read it, too.
  • Options
    hope they were charged LOTS for the privilege of stepping onto a pitch which owes its existence to the hard work of dedicated Addicks fans .. and not one virtually given away to Citeeee for a pittance by various Manchester quangos 
  • Options
    hope they were charged LOTS for the privilege of stepping onto a pitch which owes its existence to the hard work of dedicated Addicks fans .. and not one virtually given away to Citeeee for a pittance by various Manchester quangos 
    Hope they got it for free... Would only be Roland benefiting from anything like that