Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man City Training on our Pitch?

Comments

• Options
    I also hope it was free and Roland didn't even know about it.
  • Options
    if he did charge them maybe it was to get his own back on how they have flaunted the rules of FFP.
  • Options
    What was the score the last time we played them in SE7?
  • Options
    3 nil loss of top of my head. 
  • Options
    1 nil win it was then
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I also hope it was free and Roland didn't even know about it.
    IF Duchatelet was or will be unaware, take the cash and give it to one of the CAFC charities .. the Upbeats would love to make a few quid from the Citteeeee billionaires
  • Options
    I'm surprised none of the papers have suggested Stirling was caught shagging on the centre circle.
  • Options
    Ronaldo is easily the best player to have graced the hallowed turf... In my lifetime at least :lol:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I remember that.. I loved Stuart.. I remember when Man Utd played us and wasn't it Giggs that tried to do a Beckham at the Valley? I thought you cheeky fecker.. It hit the crossbar (or post) bounced down and thought thank god for that.. only to look down and see Ole Gunnar Solskjær  pop it in the net from close range. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I'm surprised none of the papers have suggested Stirling was caught shagging on the centre circle.
    Think the mail is planning a piece on him gun running in Woolwich in between shuttle runs.
  • Options
    Does this now mean the chip count at the valley will increase?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    I remember that.. I loved Stuart.. I remember when Man Utd played us and wasn't it Giggs that tried to do a Beckham at the Valley? I thought you cheeky fecker.. It hit the crossbar (or post) bounced down and thought thank god for that.. only to look down and see Ole Gunnar Solskjær  pop it in the net from close range. 
    A shame in some ways it didn't go straight in, seeing that Solskjaer followed it up anyway as it was even better than the Beckham goal, seeing that Giggs was facing the wrong way before he turned and volleyed the ball!
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Riviera said:
    How times have changed! People getting excited about Citeh being at the Valley. It wasn't that long ago that Charlton thumped Man City 4-0 in the first game of the 2000/01 Prem and they were relegated and Charlton finished 9th. 
    Over 18 and a half years is quite long
    Depends how old you are. To us older ones it seems like only yesterday. 
    It definitely depends on how old we are. I feel our Premier years are like ages ago... such a distant memory. Paulie and the other members that liked his post were all born in the 80's/early 90's like me I guess.
  • Options
    It was good to hear Vincent Kompany say it was the highlight of his Career to train at the Valley. 

Sorry, thought it was April 1st.
  • Options
    I'd love to believe city got it for free, sadly by now roly the witsheasel would have sacked somebody/several for misconduct.
    Seems there's still somebody working for the decrepit bungler capable of generating him a few quid.  Well done to that individual, now go find yourself a job for someone honest who'll actually appreciate your efforts, you're completely wasted in the loathsome oxygen thief's toxic pantomime. 
  • Options
    Ignore the music, enjoy seeing the cocky little wotsit getting carved up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fCIvMXjees
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ignore the music, enjoy seeing the cocky little wotsit getting carved up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fCIvMXjees
    Incredible that Kish got to 76 minutes before being booked 
  • Options
    People can talk about how Kish was going in hard etc, but to this day I still haven’t seen someone with the natural skill and control the way Ronaldo showed against us that day. My jaw was on the flaw at how we was able to beat our players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't like show ponies, but at the same time I don't want to see the best players being hacked dangerously either

I think modern football has the balance right, football would be a lesser sport if the likes of Ronaldo and Messi had been hacked like the great players of the 60s and 70s were, and as a result were gone by the age of 30
  • Options
    I don't like show ponies, but at the same time I don't want to see the best players being hacked dangerously either

I think modern football has the balance right, football would be a lesser sport if the likes of Ronaldo and Messi had been hacked like the great players of the 60s and 70s were, and as a result were gone by the age of 30
    Not exactly true.
    Stanley Matthews for starters played to a ripe old age. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Not exactly true.
    Luckily for Stanley Matthews he quit just before Chopper Harris, George Curtis, Norman hunter etc could kick lumps out of him in late 60' and early 70's
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Aguero the best player (in terms of contemporary form) to ever play on our pitch? 
    You forgot Kish.
  • Options

Not exactly true.
    Luckily for Stanley Matthews he quit just before Chopper Harris, George Curtis, Norman hunter etc could kick lumps out of him in late 60' and early 70's
    I have to agree with you that is very true .
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    People can talk about how Kish was going in hard etc, but to this day I still haven’t seen someone with the natural skill and control the way Ronaldo showed against us that day. My jaw was on the floor at how he was able to beat our players. 

It was probably your jaw that he kept tripping on every time a Charlton player went near him then....
  • Options
    My jaw dropping moment at the Valley was the Van Persie volley in 2006. I looked at my son, but no words came out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Ehw1LvULk
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    My jaw dropping moment at the Valley was the Van Persie volley in 2006. I looked at my son, but no words came out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Ehw1LvULk
    Best shinned volley I've ever seen live. 

We know for sure had he caught it on his foot it'd have flown over the Jimmy Seed.
  • Options
    Van Persie should have been sent off before he got the chance to score that goal.
    One of my most angriest moments  as a Charlton fan.
    Was about to post the same.  Haven't been so annoyed by a red card- swerving dutchman since Koeman robbed us of a place in the 1994 world cup finals.