Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Feel good/good news thread

To counter the deluge of daily  negativity and misery in the news etc would be good to read positive, uplifting and inspirational stuff.

Comments

• Pleased to  learn that mate. ;-)
  • My AstroTurf install in back garden will be finished today
  • edited March 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    The sun is out ☀️
    Here's hoping its out over the Weekend too

Nothing better than sitting @ the Valley in the sunshine

Going to do Mothers Day on Saturday too and visit my Mum then rather on Sunday as me and my wife plan to travel down to Eastbourne and surprise visit my Nan for a few hours as she doesnt get to see her Great-Grandson very often (due to where she lives / age), before going on to the coast
  • Also been a good morning despite other miserable cabbies telling me the game’s dead!😊
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    In other news, my wife has managed to get our baby to Wk 33 Day 2 but dont know how much longer the preeclampsia will allow her to.  Baby's estmated weight was 4lb +/- 15% error margin on Wed.  Docs are hoping she can get through to Wk 34.  Fingers crossed.

(but based on earlier post, I'm currently banned from the hospital for visiting!)
    Good luck mate! My nephew was early and weighed about 5lbs - now at nearly 4 he’s bloody massive, everyone thinks he’s about 6. Gonna get him in gk gloves soon :joy:
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Well, for the first time since Tuesday, I've farted and not followed through :)  Norovirus is evil!
    Oh you poor sod. Try to avoid anything greasy/spicy for a couple of days, because it can sometimes lull you into a false sense of security
  • Having managed to get to the heaviest I've ever been due to injuries, laziness and eating too much, I've been back up the gym regularly and eating less. Weighed myself this morning and have shifted over 8lbs in 2 weeks.
    More like you had a dump before weighing yourself. 
  • JohnBoy, I was born almost two months early 32 years ago. Tough start in life but kids are resilient little things. Good luck to you and the family and hope all goes well...and avoid a curry this weekend!
  • Erm.....................brb
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    In other news, my wife has managed to get our baby to Wk 33 Day 2 but dont know how much longer the preeclampsia will allow her to.  Baby's estmated weight was 4lb +/- 15% error margin on Wed.  Docs are hoping she can get through to Wk 34.  Fingers crossed.

(but based on earlier post, I'm currently banned from the hospital for visiting!)
    Good luck, my nephew was born at approx the same stage and he has just become a dad
  • Home game tomorrow and a few beers with the lads
  • Just managed to get tickets for the Nations League final. Hopefully England make it.
    Will you try and get tickets for the Netherlands game too or were you unsuccessful?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Congrats mate.  God luck with it all.  
  • Mentioned it in another thread but Mrs TRR is 14 weeks pregnant with our first. Excited and terrified all at the same time. 
    Best of luck TRR.   All the stress/worry/hassle will be worth it in the end.
  • edited March 2019
    Just managed to get tickets for the Nations League final. Hopefully England make it.
    Will you try and get tickets for the Netherlands game too or were you unsuccessful?
    Sold out. Im there on a stag do, so I'm just happy with watching the game v Holland in a bar and go to the final on the Sunday.
  • Just managed to get tickets for the Nations League final. Hopefully England make it.
    Sold out. Im there on a stag do, so I'm just happy with watching the game v Holland in a bar and go to the final on the Sunday.
    Sounds like a bloody excellent trip...
    Sounds like a bloody excellent trip...

Sounds a bit suspect to me. Can't be a proper stag do if you're able to get up on the Sunday to watch football.
  • Rang the hotel that we always stay in for the Goodwood Revival to confirm the booking for this year and the dippy bird who I booked it with originally 6 months ago hadn't processed it (I even called twice as I didn't trust her).

It's now fully booked and you normally can't get a room for love nor money over that weekend.

Half heartedly checked on Expedia and a guest house 3 doors along from the hotel had a room available at nearly half the price.