Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quote function

Anyone else having issues with this.

Is the world ending??

Has Roland sold??

Is the website fighting back over losing the flags??

What does a broken quote function mean??

Comments

• edited February 2019

Is the world ending??

Has Roland sold??

It's been buggered for ages over in the House of Commoners section but seems to be fine here. I'm wondering if it's something specific about the client you're using, as this post is peppered with < p > < /p > and < br > (without the spaces)

If you need to insert a quote manually, put < blockquote class="Quote" rel="LIFERNAME" > Pasted selection of whatever LIFERNAME has said that you want to quote < /blockquote >, and then remove the spaces directly after the < and before the >. It'll look like this:
    LIFERNAME said:

Pasted selection of whatever LIFERNAME has said that you want to quote

Nested quotes are more fiddly, and you need to make sure that the number of < blockquote class="Quote" rel="LIFERNAME" > entries at the beginning is the same as the total number of < /blockquote > entries included throughout the post, otherwise it ends up looking like someone else has said the new thing you've added.

• cabbles said:

aliwibble said:

Is the world ending??

Has Roland sold??

It's been buggered for ages over in the House of Commoners section but seems to be fine here. I'm wondering if it's something specific about the client you're using, as this post is peppered with < p > < /p > and < br > (without the spaces)

If you need to insert a quote manually, put < blockquote class="Quote" rel="LIFERNAME" > Pasted selection of whatever LIFERNAME has said that you want to quote < /blockquote >, and then remove the spaces directly after the < and before the >. It'll look like this:
    LIFERNAME said:

Nested quotes are more fiddly, and you need to make sure that the number of < blockquote class="Quote" rel="LIFERNAME" > entries at the beginning is the same as the total number of < /blockquote > entries included throughout the post, otherwise it ends up looking like someone else has said the new thing you've added.

Great, another one posturing for a mod role. I need to delete this before AFKA wakes up
    Test
  • edited February 2019

Some back end changes were put through yesterday evening which look like they’ve negatively impacted the mobile version of the site.

• The comment Box has been updated on both versions and is now a larger box (good)
    • An additional quote button is now showing below people’s comments on their Reactions bar (bad)
    • Quoting from mobiles are showing differently and full thread rather than the last quote only (very bad)

@LoOkOuT was going to have a fiddle overnight. Whether he got around to looking at this I don’t know lol

we’ll update later today. If anyone notices any other associated changes with the mobile view then please add them here

• edited February 2019
    'To be or not to be', that is the question.......Yep, I think I'm getting the hang of this :sunglasses:

PS I'm here all week folks 😜.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Bit harsh to compare Lookie to Nero........Hang on a minute? I think I can smell something burning 🚒.
  • "To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour."
    William Blake. One of the best.
  • edited February 2019
    Is the quote function disabled on the politics forum as a barrier to arguments? Seems strange it just flat-out doesn't work.
  • No, it just seems a quirk in the forum platform software that there isn’t consistently between open forum and groups. It works for admin but not others. Suspect it will be corrected in a future patch

• No, it just seems a quirk in the forum platform software that there isn’t consistently between open forum and groups. It works for admin but not others. Suspect it will be corrected in a future patch

Fair enough!

This is the standard response from Theresa May to any question about Brexit, before her human-personality-generator override kicks in.
  • Had a look last night, but only just got a lead no the issue. You'll see a few changes in the next few minutes as I test. Bear with us.

• So you've just got a lead on it - thereby admitting that you hadn't plugged it in! Tsk!

• edited February 2019

This new quote function and comment box doesn't nest usernames beyond a single quote, I don't think.

I'm sure both admins are aware, but just putting it out there anyway in case. Have you switched to some form of Markdown or similar?

(Edit: paragraphs now are given a space anyway, so no need to hit Enter/Rtn twice to form a nice and clearly delineated paragraph space.)

• @PaddyP17 I got that working, but there are a couple of issues, so may still be some turbulence until we get there.
  • Sponsored links:

• LoOkOuT said:
    @PaddyP17 I got that working, but there are a couple of issues, so may still be some turbulence until we get there.
    Sure thing. I'll see if it works...
  • edited February 2019
    PaddyP17 said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    @PaddyP17 I got that working, but there are a couple of issues, so may still be some turbulence until we get there.
    PaddyP17 said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Does it...?
  • PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Does it...?
    Who said that?
  • edited February 2019
    Fumbluff said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    PaddyP17 said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Does it...?
    Who said that?
    Paddy P (arrot) 17 :wink:.
  • cabbles said:

Is the world ending??

Has Roland sold??

It's been buggered for ages over in the House of Commoners section but seems to be fine here. I'm wondering if it's something specific about the client you're using, as this post is peppered with < p > < /p > and < br > (without the spaces) If you need to insert a quote manually, put < blockquote class="Quote" rel="LIFERNAME" > Pasted selection of whatever LIFERNAME has said that you want to quote < /blockquote >, and then remove the spaces directly after the < and before the >. It'll look like this:
    Great, another one posturing for a mod role. I need to delete this before AFKA wakes up
    Lol :-)  Come now Cabbles, you were frequenting the Brexit threads even before they got exiled to the other place, so you know that I've been going off on one about people breaking the quoting for ages :-)
  • Where's the link button gone?i
  • edited February 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Where's the link button gone?i
    Blessed are the link, for thou shall inherit CL. 

Its about time the link got a mention. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    It's called URL now. Between the smiley and the document icon on the web client version, but I dunno about the phone version cos I don't use that.
  • edited February 2019
    aliwibble said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's called URL now. Between the smiley and the document icon on the web client version, but I dunno about the phone version cos I don't use that.
    Yes same on phone in full site but not mobile version.