Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford Advance Train Tickets-19/4/19 Good Friday

Advance single tickets now on sale for £5.50 [£3.65] in both directions between Paddington & Oxford,journey time about an hour & allow an hour between the station & stadium,for those who prefer to buy more flexible tickets a day-return costs £27.40 [£18.10] & can be purchased on the day of travel.
An alternative route between Marylebone & Oxford takes about 20 minutes longer & advance tickets are not yet available.
Railcard fares in brackets.

Comments

• Pay on the day with Chilterns from Marylebone is usually dirt cheap
  • Cheers Clive will decide on day for this one ( subject to what allocation we recieve and how available tickets are), having been before its not the best of away days as ground is fucking miles from civilisation
  • all booked up.
  • all booked up.

Good man Rosy
  • Cheers for the heads up. It’s a shame Southern don’t offer advance rates on bank holiday otherwise I could be there and back for £13
  • edited February 2019
    Much as I love a train I might drive this one.

Possible lift available for any BBBC Addicks ((Battersea Balham Brixton and Clapham)
  • Got ours, thanks Clive.
  • Just booked using family railcard £9.20 for adult and child.
    Should sell out for this really.
  • I hope people have booked tickets for early arrival in Oxford as kick-off is now 13.00.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c910ad75b0b8/good-friday-kick-off-time-brought-forward
  • Our Sky Bet League 1 home game against Charlton Athletic on Good Friday, 19th April, will now kick off at 1pm.

This follows police advice on the game and replaces the original 3pm kick off time.

Although tickets are not on sale yet, when they do go on sale it will only be to supporters with a booking history on the Oxford United database on or before 18th March.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/march/charlton-kick-off-change/

• Sponsored links:

• early kick off decides this ones a no go for me. 
  • Oxford v Charlton always a high-risk fixture.
  • Ffs I'm on the 8pm train coming back
  • clb74 said:
    Ffs I'm on the 8pm train coming back
    Nice place to go for a drink though
  • 1pm is a bit of a pain really. Don't recall any aggro between the fans the last time I was there, unless they're factoring in the KR factor and Oxford fighting for survival

If anything the biggest problem was the tiny concourse given to the away fans, which was dangerously overcrowded
  • edited March 2019
    Always hate people losing money when booking travel for matches, but I am happy that kick off has been brought forward as I’m out in the evening.

I fully expect Gillingham to be moved as well (guess work rather than inside knowledge)
  • Always hate people losing money when booking travel for matches, but I am happy that kick off has been brought forward as I’m out in the evening.

I fully expect Gillingham to be moved as well (guess work rather than inside knowledge)
    Charlton life can be a selfish place at times
  • edited March 2019
    Wonder if recent trouble with Portsmouth at home donny and Bristol away has had an impact try and curb to much early drinking but all it could mean is loads hanging around later for pre booked trains 

considering blowing this out now and losing the train tickets. Means getting there with at 12 to get a cab to the ground and then hanging around after. 
  • clb74 said:
    'The long Good Friday'
  • Great news......means we can get back home in time to see the Masters.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutting the kick off has been moved, was hoping for a quick spin round Blenheim Palace to check on the old China.
  • clb74 said:
    Good 
  • edited March 2019
    clive said:

Our Sky Bet League 1 home game against Charlton Athletic on Good Friday, 19th April, will now kick off at 1pm.

This follows police advice on the game and replaces the original 3pm kick off time.

Although tickets are not on sale yet, when they do go on sale it will only be to supporters with a booking history on the Oxford United database on or before 18th March.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2019/march/charlton-kick-off-change/

This makes it sound like they have had problems in the home end, with the tickets restricted to people already on the database. this has got portsmouths doing written all over it.

I very much doubt we would cause any issues there.
  • clb74 said:
    Good 
    Shame really Rambo....
  • clb74 said:
    Good 
    Shame really Rambo....
    Yes I know. 
  • Great news......means we can get back home in time to see the Masters.  

The Masters is the week before Oxford. 
  • edited March 2019
    Cheaper Advance singles are still available on the following trains between Paddington/ Oxford
    Outgoing depart 10.45 arrive 11.43 change at Didcot Parkway £12.50 [£8.25]

Return depart 16.01 arrive 17.00 £10.00 [£6.60]
                          17.07 arrive 18.14 £9.00 [£5.95] change at Didcot Parkway
                          18.06 arrive  19.03 £10.00 [£6.60]
                           18.10 arrive  19.13 £9.00 [£5.95] change at Didcot Parkway
                           19.06 arrive  20.14 £9.00 [£5.95] change at Didcot Parkway

Day return fare £27.40 [£18.10]
    There are no cheap advance single fares between Marylebone/Oxford
    Railcard fares in brackets

• edited March 2019
    Best way from the station to the ground.....and how long does it take?
    Bus, walking and taxi options please.
  • Best way from the station to the ground.....and how long does it take?
    Bus, walking and taxi options please.

BY TRAIN
    Oxford Station is roughly four miles from the stadium.

Stagecoach route 1 and The Oxford Bus Company route City 5 run at frequent intervals (every 4-10 minutes combined) from the station to Knights Road, a five-minute walk to the ground.

Oxford Plus Bus tickets are valid on both routes. Return or 24 hour passes bought from the driver on route 1 can be used to travel back to the station on the City 5 and vice versa.

Click HERE for the route timetable and prices

Taxis will take around 15 minutes to get to the ground from the rank outside the station.

BY BUS
    Direct to the Ground from Oxford city centre and Iffley Road (Saturday and Good Friday games:
    3A Bus Route from Oxford Bus Company and Stagecoach

Two buses per hour operate from Oxford city centre to the stadium on Saturdays and most Bank Holidays.

Return or 24 hour passes bought from the driver on one company can be used to travel back from the ground on the other. For midweek games the 3A stops at the Science Park close to the stadium but please note is not available for the return journey.

3A Timetable

Stopping a short walk from the ground

From rail station, city centre, Cowley Road and Cowley Centre to Knights Road (5 minutes walk):
    Stagecoach route 1 and the Oxford Bus Company City 5 route run from Oxford Station through the City Centre to Knights Road which is a five-minute walk to the stadium. In the city centre buses pick up at the Westgate shopping centre (stop M1), Speedwell Street, St Aldates (stop G5) and High Street, Queens Lane (stop K1). Buses will show Blackbird Leys as the destination on the front.

Return or 24 hour passes bought from the driver on one company can be used to travel back from the ground on the other.

From city centre, Cowley Road and Cowley Centre to Plover Drive (5 minutes walk): Stagecoach route 12 runs from the city centre to Plover Drive, which is a 5 minute walk to the ground. Buses pick up at St Aldates (stop G4) and High Street, Queens Lane (stop K2) in the city centre. Buses will show Greater Leys as the destination on the front.

From city centre, Abingdon Road and Donnington Bridge to Carpenter Close (10 minutes walk): Stagecoach route 16/16A runs from the city centre to Carpenter Close, which is a 10 minute walk to the ground. Buses pick up at St Aldates (stop H4) in the city centre. Buses will show Minchery Farm as the destination on the front.

Please note that these services are not operated by the club and are subject to change: please check the relevant bus company website before setting off.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/tickets/getting-here/

• we got a cab last time its about 4 miles think it was about £12.00 between 4 of us