Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford Advance Train Tickets-19/4/19 Good Friday

2»

Comments

• clive said:
    Best way from the station to the ground.....and how long does it take?
    Bus, walking and taxi options please.

BY TRAIN
    Oxford Station is roughly four miles from the stadium.

Stagecoach route 1 and The Oxford Bus Company route City 5 run at frequent intervals (every 4-10 minutes combined) from the station to Knights Road, a five-minute walk to the ground.

Oxford Plus Bus tickets are valid on both routes. Return or 24 hour passes bought from the driver on route 1 can be used to travel back to the station on the City 5 and vice versa.

Click HERE for the route timetable and prices

Taxis will take around 15 minutes to get to the ground from the rank outside the station.

BY BUS
    Direct to the Ground from Oxford city centre and Iffley Road (Saturday and Good Friday games:
    3A Bus Route from Oxford Bus Company and Stagecoach

Two buses per hour operate from Oxford city centre to the stadium on Saturdays and most Bank Holidays.

Return or 24 hour passes bought from the driver on one company can be used to travel back from the ground on the other. For midweek games the 3A stops at the Science Park close to the stadium but please note is not available for the return journey.

3A Timetable

Stopping a short walk from the ground

From rail station, city centre, Cowley Road and Cowley Centre to Knights Road (5 minutes walk):
    Stagecoach route 1 and the Oxford Bus Company City 5 route run from Oxford Station through the City Centre to Knights Road which is a five-minute walk to the stadium. In the city centre buses pick up at the Westgate shopping centre (stop M1), Speedwell Street, St Aldates (stop G5) and High Street, Queens Lane (stop K1). Buses will show Blackbird Leys as the destination on the front.

Return or 24 hour passes bought from the driver on one company can be used to travel back from the ground on the other.

From city centre, Cowley Road and Cowley Centre to Plover Drive (5 minutes walk): Stagecoach route 12 runs from the city centre to Plover Drive, which is a 5 minute walk to the ground. Buses pick up at St Aldates (stop G4) and High Street, Queens Lane (stop K2) in the city centre. Buses will show Greater Leys as the destination on the front.

From city centre, Abingdon Road and Donnington Bridge to Carpenter Close (10 minutes walk): Stagecoach route 16/16A runs from the city centre to Carpenter Close, which is a 10 minute walk to the ground. Buses pick up at St Aldates (stop H4) in the city centre. Buses will show Minchery Farm as the destination on the front.

Please note that these services are not operated by the club and are subject to change: please check the relevant bus company website before setting off.

https://www.oufc.co.uk/tickets/getting-here/

Blimey!!!!
    Well I did ask...... :D
  • Phase 1: 300 Loyalty Points with Valley Gold 28/03/2019 
    Phase 2: 300 Loyalty Points 29/03/2019 
    Phase 3: 260 Loyalty Points with Valley Gold 1/04/2019 
    Phase 4: 260 Loyalty Points 2/04/2019 
    Phase 5: 230 Loyalty Points & Valley Gold 3/04/2019 
    Phase 6: 230 Loyalty Points or Valley Gold 4/04/2019 
    Phase 7: General Sale 5/04/2019

the only bit that is obviously annoying is that there is no concession between having a season ticket and attending 0 games - i hope to christ if we get playoffs and to playoff final it is not organised like this this season i have amassed 130 points 8 of them being away games. 

yet there is no reward why not have a phase 8? of 100+ points would seem a bit fairer, northern based addicks who attend all our matches up that way have no more priority then joe bloggs who hasn't attended a game this season. 

thought the points system would work - but clearly no better than last system we had. 
  • The only way to prove if the system works or not is if people who've attended a number of games are unable to get a ticket,the system can be adapted depending on the amount of tickets allocated by the host club.
  • edited March 2019
    Phase 1: 300 Loyalty Points with Valley Gold 28/03/2019 
    Phase 2: 300 Loyalty Points 29/03/2019 
    Phase 3: 260 Loyalty Points with Valley Gold 1/04/2019 
    Phase 4: 260 Loyalty Points 2/04/2019 
    Phase 5: 230 Loyalty Points & Valley Gold 3/04/2019 
    Phase 6: 230 Loyalty Points or Valley Gold 4/04/2019 
    Phase 7: General Sale 5/04/2019

the only bit that is obviously annoying is that there is no concession between having a season ticket and attending 0 games - i hope to christ if we get playoffs and to playoff final it is not organised like this this season i have amassed 130 points 8 of them being away games. 

yet there is no reward why not have a phase 8? of 100+ points would seem a bit fairer, northern based addicks who attend all our matches up that way have no more priority then joe bloggs who hasn't attended a game this season. 

thought the points system would work - but clearly no better than last system we had. 
    7 phases does sound a lot (too many?) already, but yes perhaps it would be fairer to have a 100 point category as well, though for a game like this it's unlikely that someone would go without previously going to any other games

Maybe it would be simpler if they shifted VG up to the next level i.e.

Phase1 300 + VG
    Phase 2 300 or 260 + VG
    Phase 3 260 or 230 + VG
    Phase 4 230 or VG
    Phase 5 100
    Phase 6 general
  • im not doing oxford but my concern is the trip to gills the week after, anyone remember what sort of allocation we get? ive always managed to get a ticket in recent years but this time we are probably playing our best football so interest will be high - was hoping we could possibly relegate them but that does not look likely.
  • im not doing oxford but my concern is the trip to gills the week after, anyone remember what sort of allocation we get? ive always managed to get a ticket in recent years but this time we are probably playing our best football so interest will be high - was hoping we could possibly relegate them but that does not look likely.
    cheers elfs should easily get a ticket then