Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD: initial response to Duchatelet interview on talkSPORT 30/10/18

DUCHATELET BLUNDERS OVER FACTS AS HE BLAMES FANS FOR HIS OWN FAILURE

CARD welcomes Jim White’s interview with Roland Duchatelet broadcast on talkSPORT this morning as a further demonstration of the owner’s inability to put forward any credible defence of his ownership of Charlton.

In particular, we regard his attempt to blame his own failures on hardworking communications staff and long-suffering fans – in one case highlighting a single post on a message board by an unknown individual – to be absolutely pitiful.

It was his decision to have no head of communications throughout 2014 and 2015, and the one he appointed in 2016 walked out after seven weeks because he insisted on publishing an incoherent rant that was widely ridiculed in the media.

He is content to blame junior employees while lauding his own senior appointments, who were supposedly in charge and, apparently, doing a good job, despite the overwhelming factual evidence of their failure.

Duchatelet says that the team was only relegated from the Championship in 2016 by a few points and invites listeners to conclude that matchday protests affecting the players may have been decisive.

In fact, the team was relegated by nine points (plus a substantial goal difference) and was already down before two of the four games interrupted by protests. These were against automatic promotion contenders Brighton & Hove Albion and champions Burnley.

The two other match protests were against Middlesbrough on March 13th and Birmingham City on April 2nd. Charlton won both games, despite winning only nine matches overall that season. This hardly suggests the players were negatively affected.

CARD is confident that based on this interview the vast majority of Charlton fans will be even more convinced of the need to get Duchatelet out of the club.

As he claims that he is not concerned about the sale price - and the club recently said it had five interested parties - it is hard to understand why this has not happened already. But perhaps those statements are not true either?

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Or that the price is totally unrealistic.
  • So the EFL have been and gone ,the media have been and gone, the protests have gone,our status as a "model" club gone,the fans have gone, the Aussies ain't gone as they were never here-------- but Roland Rat and burger Boy and Pitch PRs pup are still here ------ STILL FUCKING HERE

Still winning? nope but still out club always will be
  • CARD said:

DUCHATELET BLUNDERS OVER FACTS AS HE BLAMES FANS FOR HIS OWN FAILURE

CARD welcomes Jim White’s interview with Roland Duchatelet broadcast on talkSPORT this morning as a further demonstration of the owner’s inability to put forward any credible defence of his ownership of Charlton.

In particular, we regard his attempt to blame his own failures on hardworking communications staff and long-suffering fans – in one case highlighting a single post on a message board by an unknown individual – to be absolutely pitiful.

It was his decision to have no head of communications throughout 2014 and 2015, and the one he appointed in 2016 walked out after seven weeks because he insisted on publishing an incoherent rant that was widely ridiculed in the media.

He is content to blame junior employees while lauding his own senior appointments, who were supposedly in charge and, apparently, doing a good job, despite the overwhelming factual evidence of their failure.

Duchatelet says that the team was only relegated from the Championship in 2016 by a few points and invites listeners to conclude that matchday protests affecting the players may have been decisive.

In fact, the team was relegated by nine points (plus a substantial goal difference) and was already down before two of the four games interrupted by protests. These were against automatic promotion contenders Brighton & Hove Albion and champions Burnley.

The two other match protests were against Middlesbrough on March 13th and Birmingham City on April 2nd. Charlton won both games, despite winning only nine matches overall that season. This hardly suggests the players were negatively affected.

CARD is confident that based on this interview the vast majority of Charlton fans will be even more convinced of the need to get Duchatelet out of the club.

As he claims that he is not concerned about the sale price - and the club recently said it had five interested parties - it is hard to understand why this has not happened already. But perhaps those statements are not true either?

bleeeuuuurggghhhh
  • Davo55 said:

There were so many lies and misrepresentations in Duchatelet's interview that a full rebuttal would extend to several pages. I hope that Talksport affords the protesters a "right of reply" where we can show the old scrote up again.

....together with an illuminating statement from a certain Mr Wilder.
  • Credit to all those that post on this thread and on the Talksport thread. I have to confess that I don't have the energy to add anything. I've heard enough of Roland's drivel, to be honest.
  • I think Chris Wilder ought to be made aware that Duchatelet has said that he (Wilder) signed a contract then failed to turn up. If this is inaccurate then it besmirches Wilders reputation. Perhaps Mr. Wilder would like to put the record straight ? Mr. Duchatelets comments might be newsworthy to the Sheffield Star or Sheffield Telegraph ?

Better still Chris Wilder might be better delivering his reply via a solicitor.
    Well if Duchatelet is misleading us then perhaps but I still feel the red half of Sheffield have a right to know what kind of man their manager is being portrayed as.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Chris Wilder ought to be made aware that Duchatelet has said that he (Wilder) signed a contract then failed to turn up. If this is inaccurate then it besmirches Wilders reputation. Perhaps Mr. Wilder would like to put the record straight ? Mr. Duchatelets comments might be newsworthy to the Sheffield Star or Sheffield Telegraph ?

I hope whatever happened that there was/is a NDA.
  • sarge1g said:

It is pretty obvious that the 2% percent rule is applied to everything by the deluded old twat, after all it was originally just 2% of fans involved in protests and we (CAFC) only represent 2% of his business interests and by implementing his money saving strategy he is only likely to save (have you guessed it yet?) yes, 2%. What is undeniably clear is that he only knows (or claims to know) only 2% of the facts and only ever admits to it being his fault by about 2%. What we also know is that in anything he says there is likely to be only 2% of truth in it. I just hope that when he does eventually sell up and go that it is 100%, so just go Roland for f--k sake.

He probably only has 2% of the wits he was born with!
  • I think its been well publicised how certain people deal with quotes from this forum.
  • edited October 2018
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/73172/wilder-close-deal-off-page-31/p1

I've waded through the first 26 pages of this thread and didn't spot the quote. It does give the lie to what RD is trying to say about the fans' reaction, however. Nobody in their right mind would expect every single post on a message board to be positive.

I've now heard him claiming in the longer version that I said Wilder did due diligence so this somehow proves the relevance of this random post - in fact, Wilder was doing due diligence on RD.
  • http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/73172/wilder-close-deal-off-page-31/p1

I've waded through the first 26 pages of this thread and didn't spot the quote. It does give the lie to what RD is trying to say about the fans' reaction, however. Nobody in their right mind would expect every single post on a message board to be positive.

I've no heard him claiming in the longer version that I said Wilder did due diligence so this somehow proves the relevance of this random post - in fact, Wilder was doing due diligence on RD.

I’d stop at page 26 Airman as it wasn’t from that thread.

I’ll be posting something tonight in relation to this. Watch this space
  • http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/73172/wilder-close-deal-off-page-31/p1

I've no heard him claiming in the longer version that I said Wilder did due diligence so this somehow proves the relevance of this random post - in fact, Wilder was doing due diligence on RD.

I’d stop at page 26 Airman as it wasn’t from that thread.

I’ll be posting something tonight in relation to this. Watch this space
    It wasn't me.

Now I wonder if there is a lawyer in Sheffield who might be able to help...
    :smiley:
  • Chris Wilder, Duchatelet is basically questioning your honesty and integrity publicly! Maybe we should send something to the blades forum.
  • We're stuck with RD - I don't see him selling anytime soon if he's asking an unrealistic price.

I don't know how he's writing the losses off but I imagine he must be and the club is continuing to wither.

I genuinely thought he would have gone by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roland on TalkSPORT now
  • Waffling absolute rubbish as per
  • Duchatelet: ''Eight or nine months away from selling, at least.''
  • edited December 2018
    Red_Raver said:

Duchatelet: ''Eight or nine months away from selling, at least.''

He just said we could be taken over by January. He didn't say the above.
  • edited December 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Red_Raver said:

Don't think he said that
    Lost in translation maybe?

"I've been trying to sell for eight or nine months, at least!"
  • bobmunro said:

J BLOCK said:

Red_Raver said:

Don't think he said that

Yeah that's what he said, not it's 8 to 9 months away
  • How come no one knew about this interview?
    We are usually informed/alerted to this stuff on Talksport......who was interviewing him?
  • J BLOCK said:

bobmunro said:

J BLOCK said:

Red_Raver said:

Don't think he said that

Yeah that's what he said, not it's 8 to 9 months away
    Yes seems so. Correction: ''The club could be sold in January, yeah why not''
    We are usually informed/alerted to this stuff on Talksport......who was interviewing him?

Jim White

Who do you think haha
    His best mate who he bought a slap uo meal for.

I wasnt listening due to contact, but did Jim actually challenge him on anything he said or did he just sit there sucking Rolands cock like last time