Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• feels like a flop to me sadly.
  • Not sure about this at all. Leave it be
  • Not convinced it'll have anywhere near the magic of the original.
  • Doesn’t seem a good idea to me
  • I I'm still waiting for this to made into a film.

https://youtu.be/9TJgAbVQ7FE

Were you watching this in an aviary or did you just hold a microphone up to your budgie cage?
    :wink:
  • It’s a musical, not a reboot of the tv show, Whitehouse’ help in the writing with Sullivans son will help, started by John Sullivan before he died, already selling out on ticket sites, I struggled to get a few sitting together, booked for April
  • needs to be a celebration of the TV show and not a copy, really hope it's good and will definitely going to see it.
  • Not for me this one, you can't beat the original cast, so would rather not see it. Am happy to watch repeats of the show, never fail to make me laugh not matter how often I watch them.
  • The last few OFAH were poor (The Miami one still makes my skin crawl), so if it’s anything like them no thank you
  • DA9 said:

It’s a musical, not a reboot of the tv show, Whitehouse’ help in the writing with Sullivans son will help, started by John Sullivan before he died, already selling out on ticket sites, I struggled to get a few sitting together, booked for April

This is the point. It was started by Sulllivan.

Paul Whitehouse is class and Tom Bennett is quality (his "Lenny" scene in Phone shop is one of the funniest things I've ever seen)

https://youtu.be/Dk8GI43syjA

I reckon it will be quality. Love anything related to the greatest programme of all time including Rock and Chips.

• Sponsored links:

• Heard Paul Whitehouse talking about this yesterday on Talksport - apparently Chas Hodges was also involved. Seems a strange idea but I hope it works for all concerned.
  • Heard Paul Whitehouse talking about this yesterday on Talksport - apparently Chas Hodges was also involved. Seems a strange idea but I hope it works for all concerned.

Dahhn ter Margit...

Probably not that strange.
  • I saw a stage play of Porridge with Fletch being played by Barry from EastEnders. Was like a greatest hits of the series best lines and scenes. Imagine this will be similar.
  • The last few OFAH were poor (The Miami one still makes my skin crawl), so if it’s anything like them no thank you

We should get with the times and start a twitter petition demanding Miami Twice to be stricken from the canon. Along with any post-Time On Our Hands episode.
  • will depend (obviously) who writes/has written it and who stars in it

We should get with the times and start a twitter petition demanding Miami Twice to be stricken from the canon. Along with any post-Time On Our Hands episode.
    They're both brilliant. Philistines.

Slippery slope. Next you'll be kicking Angelina Jolie out of bed for having a spot on her 'arris

:-)
  • Stig said:

Heard Paul Whitehouse talking about this yesterday on Talksport - apparently Chas Hodges was also involved. Seems a strange idea but I hope it works for all concerned.

Dahhn ter Margit...

Probably not that strange.
    I meant the idea of the musical was strange not the fact that Chas was involved. If you were going to write songs for this then he was an obvious choice.
  • Why do they do it. OFAH was not just about the great scripts, but also the actors putting their personalities into the roles.
    They tried it with the Dads Army film, and that sunk like a holed U-Boat.

Slippery slope. Next you'll be kicking Angelina Jolie out of bed for having a spot on her 'arris

HAHA they just weren't the same for me. Damien was awful and the jokes were predictable. Compare them to the episodes like the blow up dolls, the butterfly, the chandelier, the hand gliding, jolly boys outing, Uncle Albert taking the dogs tablets....all different gravy.
  • Main storyline is based on the episode 'Dates' where Del meets Raquel.
    Obviously it will then go further but that's the basis of the script
  • Sponsored links:

I didn't like the Miami one either.

Although I'm sure David Jason said it was one of his and John Sullivans favourites.

I didn't like the Miami one either.

Although I'm sure David Jason said it was one of his and John Sullivans favourites.
    I bet it would be Slater's favourite episode, too.

HAHA they just weren't the same for me. Damien was awful and the jokes were predictable. Compare them to the episodes like the blow up dolls, the butterfly, the chandelier, the hand gliding, jolly boys outing, Uncle Albert taking the dogs tablets....all different gravy.
    Blow up dolls one was definitely the best for me. Didn't mind Miami, it certainly wasn't one of the latter few.

Not a fan of the last couple, like the one with Jonathan Ross. Wouldn't say they were bad but the earlier ones were different gravy as you said.

Not sure on this myself, feels a bit like Sullivan's son is trying to earn a few quid. Without meaning to sound disrespectful I don't think Sullivan Snr would have been interested.

Blow up dolls one was definitely the best for me. Didn't mind Miami, it certainly wasn't one of the latter few.

Not a fan of the last couple, like the one with Jonathan Ross. Wouldn't say they were bad but the earlier ones were different gravy as you said.

Not sure on this myself, feels a bit like Sullivan's son is trying to earn a few quid. Without meaning to sound disrespectful I don't think Sullivan Snr would have been interested.
    John Sullivan had started writing the musical before he died, so he was interested. He also wrote one of the songs with Chas Hodges.

Heard an interview with Whitehouse yesterday & the above was confirmed.

• Love OFAH and a fan of Whitehouse, so I just hope that this works out. I reckon Paul will nail the role of grandad, but will it be like three comedians doing impressions of the originals or will it actually feel like watching the "real" Trotters?
  • I think we're overlooking the most outrageous aspect of this musical: it's based on the episode where Del meets Raquel, and yet there's Grandad. He best be a ghost, or otherwise I would also accept a Star Trek style multiverse narrative, where they find an alternate Albert-inhabited Peckham.

John Sullivan had started writing the musical before he died, so he was interested. He also wrote one of the songs with Chas Hodges.

Heard an interview with Whitehouse yesterday & the above was confirmed.

Fair enough I stand corrected. I thought Sullivan would leave it be. Will probably be ok without being anything like a patch on the series.