Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wycombe - Match Thread

Welcome everyone from the loopy loop train. Really hoping for another 3pts today.

Team news when they arrive

Come on you Addicks!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Steer starts
  • Options
    2-0 to the Reds. Looking forward to an impressive performance and a good weekend. COYR!!
  • Options
    Where's the Pole?
  • Options
    No bielik. Disappointing
  • Options

No bielik. Disappointing

Calf strain reported.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Pearce, bauer and sarr? 3 at the back?
  • Options
    Disappointed at Dillon being dropped, although Bowyer sees these guys every day in training. A real blow to lose Bielik’s composure.

At least we have a reasonably good bench.
  • Options
    Steer
    Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Solly Pratley Aribo Page
    Ajose
    Taylor Grant

Feel for Phillips to be honest and shame about Bielik having a calf strain but hopefully he is okay for next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    To be honest if we were to lose Bielik then Id prefer it to be this type of game where we shouldnt miss him too much... Im also a fan of Sarr and think he'll be able to do the job in his absense
  • Options
    Surprised to see Ajose in ahead of Lapslie, but what do I know?
  • Options
    Hmmm. Not convinced by that team I’m afraid. Let’s hope Wycombe are poor. It’s a bit like Christmas Eve knowing that Fosu, Bielik, Cullen, Clarke and ward are all to come in. Need to try to be happy with the old toys just a little bit longer.
  • Options

Hmmm. Not convinced by that team I’m afraid. Let’s hope Wycombe are poor. It’s a bit like Christmas Eve knowing that Fosu, Bielik, Cullen, Clarke and ward are all to come in. Need to try to be happy with the old toys just a little bit longer.

Once they come in who doesn't make the 18?
  • Options

My Scottish friend has just told me “it’s the return of Jed, aye”

Cmon @SDAddick... this has to be worse than my Russian wall joke yesterday?
  • Options
    Sage said:

Steer
    Bauer Pearce Sarr
    Solly Pratley Aribo Page
    Ajose
    Taylor Grant

Feel for Phillips to be honest and shame about Bielik having a calf strain but hopefully he is okay for next week.
    Sage, you often know some 'behind the scenes' info.

Has Dillon been dropped or picked up a *training injury?

*Perhaps Aston Villa had insisted Steer gets some playing time, as part of the loan deal?
  • Options
    If I was Steer I would insist on having Jed 1 on the back of my shirt.
  • Options
    Naby Sarr and Joe Aribo also start for Charlton in place of Krystian Bielik (injured) and Josh Cullen (international duty). Bielik picked up a calf injury in training and is set to miss the next two-three weeks.
  • Options
    Wycombe Wanderers

Verified account

@wwfcofficial
    26m26 minutes ago
    More
    Here is the #Chairboys team in full then:

Starting XI: Allsop, McCarthy, Jacobson, Jombati, Stewart, Thompson, Gape, Morris, Williams, Mackail-Smith, Akinfenwa.

Subs: Ma-Kalambay, Harriman, Bean, Saunders, Cowan-Hall, Onyedinma, Kashket. #CHAvWYC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not really sure what Ajose brings in that deeper role off the strikers. Could do with at least one of Clarke, Reeves or Fosu being available today
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Cafc43v3r said:

If I was Steer I would insist on having Jed 1 on the back of my shirt.

Someone suggested he wore his name on the back of his shorts but Jed realised it was a bum steer.
  • Options
    A slightly different view of proceedings for me today.

Instead of my usual seat in the back row of Upper Covered End block N I've got this instead:

I'll cope ...
  • Options

My Scottish friend has just told me “it’s the return of Jed, aye”

You deserve a flag for that, Thai.

Groan of the day. So I gave you a lol instead. :neutral:
  • Options

Not really sure what Ajose brings in that deeper role off the strikers. Could do with at least one of Clarke, Reeves or Fosu being available today

They're not available though, Gary.

Ajose is not exactly 1st choice, but he's played that role decently in recent cameo appearances - I guess that Bowyer thinks he can do a job there today.

And then Reeves comes on for the last 25 minutes against tiring defenders.
    Well, that's the theory anyway!

• Options
    Interesting that Page isnt part of the defensive warm up whereas Solly and Sarr are

Makes me wonder a bit if Sarr is playing Left Back with Page a bit further forward... Be surprised if that happens though
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Ministry of Silly Walks.

John Cleese eat your heart out.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!