Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• edited August 2018
    It would be funny (never going to happen!) if Wenger took over!
  • RedChaser said:

The fella has no need to ever work again if he doesn't want to and that's without another pay off if Manure give him the tin tac. Nice work if you can get it :-).

Agree financially he probably doesn't....but it's like a drug to him (and many other managers).
  • He’ll be at PSG next season if Tuchel doesn’t do well in Europe...

No way he would get the job ahead of Zidane.
    Zidane to United....Jose to PSG?
  • edited August 2018
    Oh dear never mind, poor United, poor Mourinho, personally I couldnt really give a monkies but isnt it time that Dowie got back into the game? or Pardew?
  • Riviera said:

Don't like Mourinho, but I don't believe anybody would win anything with that defence.

The board has a lot to answer for but at least it's giving us all a laugh.

The board gave the bloke 300 million quid - it isn't their fault he wasted it on shit defenders!

Bottom line is that Mourinho is a man out of his time, it's hard for him to take but it's getting more and more obvious as the seasons pass.

Very similar situation to George Graham who was brilliant at Arsenal and did very well at Leeds but by the time he got to Spurs found that his rigid 4-4-2 had been bypassed by the modern game and he went downhill fast.

If he does go then Man United have a massive problem as they will have very few options left
    Tosh!
    You'd have a queue as long as a bus stop at N Greenwich at 6pm on a work day desperate for the job. A queue headed by ZZ and every other manager in the world bar Pep (for now). Utd have appointed badly since Fergie left but it is still the biggest job in world club football.
    Obviously, there'd be no shortage of managers wanting the Man Utd job - that doesn't mean a thing.

If Jose goes then Man United would have burned through a 'Fergie like' British manager, David Moyes, a tried and trusted European coach, Louis Van Gaal, and then finally a legendary figure in the shape of Jose Mourinho.

If none of them could get anywhere close to winning the league then who out there can?
    Robinson
  • Don't like Mourinho, but I don't believe anybody would win anything with that defence.

He was playing that defence because the 2 centre backs he signed for over 60m (Bailly and Lindelof) are even worse and were shambolic at Brighton.

He's spent a fortune there, his starting lineup at Brighton cost almost 50m more than the lineup City fielded the same day.

He's signed Bailly, Lindelof, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku. Over 300m on 7 players and that's the nucleus of a side that should be doing much better.
    He also spent 35m+ on Mkhitaryan but shipped him back out.

He's been well backed by the board.
  • Don't like Mourinho, but I don't believe anybody would win anything with that defence.

He was playing that defence because the 2 centre backs he signed for over 60m (Bailly and Lindelof) are even worse and were shambolic at Brighton.

He's spent a fortune there, his starting lineup at Brighton cost almost 50m more than the lineup City fielded the same day.

He's signed Bailly, Lindelof, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku. Over 300m on 7 players and that's the nucleus of a side that should be doing much better.

Absolutely spot on. He was also the idiot who signed Sanchez on a ridiculous salary of £550k a week seemingly to get one over on Man City by stopping him signing for them.
  • It would be funny (never going to happen!) if Wenger took over!

In the words of the great man himself,. Can't see it.
  • A completely charmless individual - painful to listen to. I have never liked him.

He expects respect but rarely shows it to others - his act is wearing a bit thin.

This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Used to like him, his face as he trundled off last night wouldn't have been better if you put a turd in his soup. Lets see how special he would be if he managed us.
  • The only manager who when his team is playing one managed by Warnock or Evans that I’d be supporting the opposition

And to think we signed a 33 year old midfielder on a free, and a striker on a free, i know United are operating at a completely different scale / budget, but you i don't have a lot of sympathy for Mourinho.
  • think its a sad state of affairs when after 3 matches a manager is hounded and hounded etc, yeah hes a knob but its 3 matches ffs - the moeny has ruined the game - although united have had lots of glory years
  • think its a sad state of affairs when after 3 matches a manager is hounded and hounded etc, yeah hes a knob but its 3 matches ffs - the moeny has ruined the game - although united have had lots of glory years

He's not exactly hounded. The guy moans non stop despite having wasted a vast amount of money recently and getting his team to play some very limited football.

He doesn't invite any sympathy.

He's not exactly hounded. The guy moans non stop despite having wasted a vast amount of money recently and getting his team to play some very limited football.

it doesn't make me sympathise i stated the guy is a knob - but the dramatics and players being bigger than the team - pogba is not even that good, its the same story as arsenal under wenger on far too high wages- players do whatever they like do not respect the manager

it doesn't make me sympathise i stated the guy is a knob - but the dramatics and players being bigger than the team - pogba is not even that good, its the same story as arsenal under wenger on far too high wages- players do whatever they like do not respect the manager
    Mourinho made some ludicrous signings - he's involved in this.

Football in the Prem stinks...
  • spent all summer moaning that he needed a centre half, but the last two he signed have been awful! No wonder the board didn’t back him! Used to like him, but he appears to have lost that magic touch of old. Not sure he’s “lost the dressing room”, but you only have to look at Pogba’s displays to see something ain’t right. The fella gives everything for France but looks terrible in a united shirt! He should be their leader, but he doesn’t appear to give a monkeys.
  • Used to like, not really a fan these days. Seems a bit pointless, doesn't get on with any players and record isn't as good as it was. Last night was odd playing Herrera at CB and has made some other weird decisions to make points in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

Pogba looked pretty good as France won the World Cup.

Their defence may be poor, but any team with Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez in it (plus Martial, Rashford, Lingard and Mata) should at least be playing exciting football and scoring plenty of goals, like many recent Arsenal sides.
  • After watching his latest press conference, it's confirmed to me what a knob he is
  • Phil Jones is a gift!!
  • Great penalty shootout apart from Jones though
  • Jose can say (just like he did all those years ago against us at Stamford Bridge) that he didn't lose the match