Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

edited November 2018 in General Charlton
Probably posted on one of the other threads, but Jim White has just done a good piece on Duchatelet's ownership.

I caught the back end of it (finished at 10:30), so I'm guessing it started at about 10:15 for those wishing to catch it later.

Comments

• unfortunately how many talk sport listeners care about the plight of little old charlton, when you can have stats and soggy biccy comps about man city beating far less superior teams.
  • unfortunately how many talk sport listeners care about the plight of little old charlton, when you can have stats and soggy biccy comps about man city beating far less superior teams.

Or Elvis the dog, who got turned away from Lowestoft Town last weekend

Or Elvis the dog, who got turned away from Lowestoft Town last weekend
    You're not serious. You mean Elvis didn't get into the game against Beccles Albion? Sad, indeed.
  • Also caught only the end of this on Jim White but the latest twist (if true) is that he said that staff are no longer allowed to have lunch at their desks as the cleaning staff have been dispensed with.

What next? Muddy boots not allowed back in the dressing room after a game? Cheap disposable boots only?

• Also caught only the end of this on Jim White but the latest twist (if true) is that he said that staff are no longer allowed to have lunch at their desks as the cleaning staff have been dispensed with.
    What next? Muddy boots not allowed back in the dressing room after a game? Cheap disposable boots only?

Yes that's been mentioned in several of the headline articles in the Mail and Evening Standard. The really crazy thing is that people normally eat at their desks to carry on with work through their lunch break. Forcing them to eat elsewhere (canteen?) will only mean that they will take their allotted hour (or whatever) and the club, in effect, loses out. Maybe LVT doesn't really get that as, in Europe, from my experience people tend to take their full lunch breaks, and often together, anyway...
  • cafc-west said:

Also caught only the end of this on Jim White but the latest twist (if true) is that he said that staff are no longer allowed to have lunch at their desks as the cleaning staff have been dispensed with.

Yes that's been mentioned in several of the headline articles in the Mail and Evening Standard. The really crazy thing is that people normally eat at their desks to carry on with work through their lunch break. Forcing them to eat elsewhere (canteen?) will only mean that they will take their allotted hour (or whatever) and the club, in effect, loses out. Maybe LVT doesn't really get that as, in Europe, from my experience people tend to take their full lunch breaks, and often together, anyway...
    Luncheon Vouchers Taken?

You can make the same argument about any media. Most of the general population don't care. But that's not the point as the impact of any messaging is incremental.
    A story like this gets picked by local tv, and if the story develops it can even go national.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018

unfortunately how many talk sport listeners care about the plight of little old charlton, when you can have stats and soggy biccy comps about man city beating far less superior teams.

You can make the same argument about any media. Most of the general population don't care. But that's not the point as the impact of any messaging is incremental.
    Totally agree, @Airman Brown
  • Scoham said:
    Good listen on the last 10 minutes of that, cheers @Scoham
  • JW also tried to call Douchebag as he has his mobile number, but he did'nt answer
  • You can see how the papers and local TV, radio have fed off each other this week.

Timing is good as we are in the silly season when it comes to media reports I.e. how much is that doggy in the window type news.
  • Scoham said:
    That is 10.00-10-30, if you have not done it, move onto 10.30-11.00, where it continues for a few more minutes
  • JW also tried to call Douchebag as he has his mobile number, but he did'nt answer

Cutbacks?
  • His Charlton phone is only on 1.5% of the day.

His Charlton phone sits in the corner under a glass cake dome.
  • Sponsored links:

• His Charlton phone is only on 1.5% of the day.

His Charlton phone sits in the corner under a glass cake dome.
    Next to a statuette of Roland’s head. You have to secretly tilt it open by his nutsack to press the button that slides open the poles down to the secret training ground extension...
  • edited August 2018
    I’d like to say that it was left inside the backside of someone during the human centipede experiment that I would like to do to a few people ,

however I couldn’t say that with out being threatening so I will only think that his phone is up his arse
  • Good to see him at The Valley today

Stalker alert : - )

Stalker alert : - )
    Just because he is proving you are a media stalker :wink:
  • edited August 2018
    Fair play to Jim White turning up today, hope he didn’t have to sit through the match!