Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

Ha. The weed one
  • He really is an embarrassment now, is he looking for a payoff I wonder?
  • Oh dear
    Oh dear
  • Come on Brighton. I have always like Hughton plus great fans
  • Had a feeling it would go 2-0 from that corner
  • Yep. They were all lined up to shoot in the box. It was just a case of whoever was going to take the shot once they passed it around. Oh what a shame.
  • edited August 2018
    Mourinho?
    He's just a shit Philip Schofield.
  • How does a side with United's wealth end up with a left winger in his mid 30s starting at right back?
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't stand him. Hope United never get rid of him.
  • P45 within the next fortnight. Spent loads a money on a back 4 who are worse than ours.
  • I think he's genuinely depressed. Needs to get himself some help.
  • I used to like Mourinho, but over time he has morphed from a fairly entertaining Machievellian type character, to an almost perfect replica of a stubborn and unctuous teenager, whom blames everybody but themselves for their woes.

Despite the absolute fortunes that he has spent on that squad, they are still a country mile away from City, and now also behind Liverpool, who bought VERY wisely in the summer and are a shoe-in for 2nd place.

Very significant that Ed Woodward and the board didn’t trust him with any more cash in the summer, implicitly telling him that they haven’t been that impressed with his signings up to this point.

Taking on Pogba is also a massive error of judgement, as there is no way on God’s earth that the board are going to be made to look foolish on the Pogba issue again – having taken a $90M bath on him two years ago.

The message to Mourinho (not unreasonably) seems to be “you wanted him – now you get the best out of him”, which given the shape and tactical flexibility that Mourinho likes to play with, seems unlikely ever to happen.

Pogba was immense at Juve, and i think it's fair to say did well enough for France during the world cup..............yet looks lost at United.

So either he's not playing well because of the manager or the tactics (or both).

Sanchez is the same, he looks a shadow of the player he was at Arsenal. Guaranteed to get you 20-25 goals a season.........he has 3 in 19 games at United and one of those was from a penalty. He must look at what's happening at City and wonder what the fuck he's done.
  • He's become a joyless and depressing character incapable of taking responsibility - he does seem to want out?
  • Also read that apparently the United starting lineup yesterday cost more than City's starting lineup.

Admittedly City had about 250m sitting on the subs bench though, but Jose can't exactly moan when he's spent close to 400m in just over 2 years.
  • He's lost the plot completely.

I don't blame the board not sanctioning another Centre back signing when he spent £'s on Bailly and Lindelof in the last 2 years.

He cannot complain anymore this is his 3rd season and he has spent money.
  • I have always found Mourinho to be a somewhat unpleasant individual, even when he was the media darling. This season is the one I think everyone loses interest and he leaves the PL for good. I certainly hope so. Lopped and Guardiola have proven you do not need to be unpleasant to be successful.
  • he's lost the dressing room it seems .. highly paid stars on long contracts need very careful handling nowadays, not management by a sulking arrogant has been
  • Sponsored links:

• Unlikeable bloke that used to get by on scraping results. The whole "Special one" thing is strange as fundamentally he is not a good manager. He also seems to hate proper football.

United have the squad to play some wonderful stuff and really challenge city/liverpool for the title the season, however that will not happen with Jose in charge.
  • Great result for Brighton yesterday, but I think our 3 3 draw in 2000 was even better. United were on a roll having won the treble in 98/99 and a hat trick of league titles in 98/99 99/2000 and 2000/01 ... plus they had their legendary manager Ferguson, it seems Mourhino will not be emulating him any time soon.

Man Utd in 2000: Van Der Gouw, G. Neville, Brown, Silvestre, P. Neville, Giggs, Keane, Beckham, Butt, Solskjaer, Chadwick.
    Subs: Irwin, Sheringham, Scholes, Rachubka, Greening.

Man Utd yesterday: De Gea, Shaw, Lindelof, Bailly, Young, Pogba, Pereira, Fred, Martial, Lukaku, Mata.
    Subs: Lingard, Rashford, Fellaini, Grant, Smalling, Herrera, McTominay
  • Pogba at City or Liverpool would be a joy to watch, given the freedom and trust that Pep and Klopp give their players, at United he is lumbered with Mourinho style and attitude.

He looks a footballing dinosaur, shame, because he used to be the future once.
  • Normally Mourinho comes into a club, wins the title then soon afterwards falls out with the owners or players and leaves

This time he's missed out the winning the title bit, and gone straight to the falling out phase
  • Surely only a matter of time before he gets pushed out before he walks out.

Massive game for Utd against Spurs next weekend now.
    Mourinho will expect a reaction and so will the supporters.

That performance will be the tell tale sign of whether he's lost the dressing room or not.
  • He'll be gone by Christmas
  • I wonder if Zidane has been spotted house hunting in Cheshire!

Not sure who else they'd go for, I can't see any of the current PL managers taking the job
  • I wonder if Zidane has been spotted house hunting in Cheshire!

Not sure who else they'd go for, I can't see any of the current PL managers taking the job

Has to be Zidane, they have tried everybody else now!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Surely only a matter of time before he gets pushed out before he walks out.

Massive game for Utd against Spurs next weekend now.
    Mourinho will expect a reaction and so will the supporters.

That performance will be the tell tale sign of whether he's lost the dressing room or not.

Come on United!!!