Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Incident in Greenwich

Two women fighting for their lives.
Anyone know anything?

Comments

• Heard helicopter around lunchtime and on the eltham Facebook page rumours of a woman and daughter being attacked by man with hammer in Eltham and being airlifted to hospital. Reports of him being husband of daughter but varying accounts of info that was contradictory.
  • I’d say he has mental health issues, he’s just attacked two people with a hammer FFS
  • Two women are fighting for their lives after being attacked in the street by a stranger, Scotland Yard has said.

Detectives are looking for a man who is believed to have mental health issues.

Members of the public are being told not to approach Joe Xuereb, 27, from Greenwich, southeast London.

The women were targeted in a "horrific" attack in Adderley Gardens in Greenwich on Sunday.

Officers were called at 12.10pm to find the victims, aged 30 and 64, suffering from injuries "consistent with a violent assault".
  • Greenwich is misleading, it's that weird no man's land between New Eltham, Chislehurst and Mottingham
  • Hope they make a full recovery and arrest that nutter.
  • Terrifying. Hope the victims pull through.
  • Sponsored links:

I hope they make a full recovery and if he is suffering from mental health problems he gets the help he clearly needs.
    Yep, and not interacting with the general public in the meantime.
  • edited August 2018
    Police helicopter hovering over Sidcup five mins ago, then headed off towards Eltham.

Another local stabbing, at Slade Green in the last hour btw
  • Police helicopter hovering over Sidcup five mins ago, then headed off towards Eltham.

Arrested in old farm avenue. A lady spotted him and rang 999.
  • edited August 2018

17 year old victim, non life threatening injury

I hope they make a full recovery and if he is suffering from mental health problems he gets the help he clearly needs.
    Yeah agree with this but having mental health issues does not justify attacking people with a hammer.
  • Mental health issues = the snowflakes making him the victim in all this. Hope the two ladies make a full recovery.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some really dumb comments about mental health on here - nobody knows the facts as far as I'm aware?

I hope the victims are okay and I'm pleased the attacker has been caught. I imagine the full facts will come out in the near future.
  • It's mad how people jump to conclusions
  • I would def say he has mental issues to attack someone with a hammer
  • Mental health issues = the snowflakes making him the victim in all this. Hope the two ladies make a full recovery.

Don’t twist it to suit your views. He’s not the victim here at all. It is however worth noting the fact that the man has mental health issues that may or may not have contributed to this tragic event. None of us know what those issues might be. Like it or not there are a lot of people out there with massive problems. Recognising that does not make anyone a “snowflake”.

Let’s hope the two ladies make a full recovery.

You may be right but a lot of heinous crimes are now prefixed with the perp having “mental issues”. Call me cynical but I feel this is happening here. You say he had mental health issues but you don’t know that. You’re just believing what you’ve read in the media. If he had drug issues, is that the same as mental issues? There is a difference for me.
  • THe police put it out there so I would assume they were already aware.
  • edited August 2018

Mental health issues = the snowflakes making him the victim in all this. Hope the two ladies make a full recovery.

Don’t twist it to suit your views. He’s not the victim here at all. It is however worth noting the fact that the man has mental health issues that may or may not have contributed to this tragic event. None of us know what those issues might be. Like it or not there are a lot of people out there with massive problems. Recognising that does not make anyone a “snowflake”.

Let’s hope the two ladies make a full recovery.

You may be right but a lot of heinous crimes are now prefixed with the perp having “mental issues”. Call me cynical but I feel this is happening here. You say he had mental health issues but you don’t know that. You’re just believing what you’ve read in the media. If he had drug issues, is that the same as mental issues? There is a difference for me.
    There is also a difference in law - insanity or diminished responsibility is not a valid defence if the assailant was acting under the influence of drugs.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!