Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• Think we've seen the last of Rooney in the team for a while. Question now is what will Big Sam do?
  • Looks to have finally seen sense as he's dropped Rooney and Fellaini today

Worked out ok!
  • sam3110 said:

Best XI in my opinion for them would be

De Gea
    Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw
    Blind Herrera
    Mkhitaryan Pogba Martial
    Ibrahimovic

With the likes of Mata, Lingard, Rooney, Fellaini, Valencia, Carrick and Rashford waiting in the wings

Think I agree, but Mata looks on form today.
  • Mata on form and i don't see how you can leave Rashford out either the way he's been playing
  • Mata on form and i don't see how you can leave Rashford out either the way he's been playing

Well Martial and Mkhitaryan are injured at the moment so they come in, but I'd say when both in form Martial is better than Rashford. Scope to put in Mata and push Pogba back next to Blind or Herrera too. Essentially they have one of the best 18's in the league, alongside Citeh and Chelsea
  • Can't stand him.

In an ideal world he would get Man U relegated.

Can't see it with the talent they have but that would be a party day for us.
  • Is it me or is he much more level-headed and likeable this year?

In almost every interview I have seen of him I think he comes across well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41710015
  • I think it's partly the club he is at now.
    He wants to be there for 10+ years.
  • Always liked him, very good manager.
  • Never liked him, his poor little me routine grates somewhat.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it's partly the club he is at now.
    He wants to be there for 10+ years.

Highly doubt that, he's never been anywhere for more than 3 and was making comments about PSG in a press conference last week
  • Is it me or is he much more level-headed and likeable this year?

In almost every interview I have seen of him I think he comes across well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41710015

I've been thinking this. I've always disliked him but just recently he's been coming across as fair in his assessments of games and performances, and his dourness is now strangely likeable. His demeanor is a little bit like Roy Keane's which is for me the n°1 reason for watching the Champions League Highlights.
  • edited August 2018
    I really used to like him......by he gets right on my Ertha's now.

Shut up moaning and get on with it you total flange.
  • edited August 2018

I really used to like him......by he gets right on my Ertha's now.

Shut up moaning and get on with it you total flange.

Agreed, it's almost as if he's just asking to be sacked and take the pay off. Knows he can't compete with City and now Liverpool in the transfer market so he wants out. Bet he's gutted Tuchel got the PSG job, that would've been perfect for him, can spend what he likes with no competition.
  • He used to moan at Chelsea but there was some wit and spark behind it.

Now I honestly think he's just pure grump. The spark has gone.

United as a club look light years behind say Liverpool or City in respect of their transfer business and having a plan behind it.

I was going to post similar. The sparkle has definitely gone.

I do think he knows that whatever he does this season he won’t win the league and also knows that it’s probably going to be that way for at least until Pep and Jurgen move on. Not sure he can take being second or third best. Think this will be his last year at Man Utd.

• Loathe.
  • busted flush, the game's moved on and players, other managers and fans and owners want attacking, possession based football. Bit hard to motivate man utd players to park the bus most of the game when they could transfer to any other big side in europe and play attacking football.
  • Sponsored links:

• busted flush, the game's moved on and players, other managers and fans and owners want attacking, possession based football. Bit hard to motivate man utd players to park the bus most of the game when they could transfer to any other big side in europe and play attacking football.

Unless you're Alexis and want ££££££££
  • Has become nothing but a bore.
  • He drains the enjoyment out of football....The opposite of Pep Guardiola. Citeh fans must be pissing themselves.
  • He drains the enjoyment out of football....The opposite of Pep Guardiola. Citeh fans must be pissing themselves.

A bit like Palace fans and us.

Yes, he feels like yesterday's man now, someone trying to rely on methods which worked 5-10 years ago, but now seem old fashioned and negative

How can someone have such an expensive squad, yet play such dull, functional football?

• No deadline day signing, i imagine he'll be seething tonight.
  • Loathe is to strong a word, but certainly do not like him.

Spends the summer moaning about how rubbish his defenders are, and how he needs a new CB
    Gets nobody and sells nobody, so will now have to work the players he's basically been saying he doesn't want.

Spends the summer moaning about how rubbish his defenders are, and how he needs a new CB
    Gets nobody and sells nobody, so will now have to work the players he's basically been saying he doesn't want.
    It seems Pochettino is in a similar situation yet Poch behaved completely differently in front of the media. Man United's chairman/owner must be envious of Levy.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11466987/mauricio-pochettino-happy-to-keep-same-squad-at-tottenham