Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed- Josh Magennis joins Bolton

Comments

• Sorry on a personal level to see him go, but as ever the problem isn't that we sold him, but rather that we haven't brought in sufficient players in the last 2 months to make him surplus

To me he'll give 100%, but is a limited player. Bolton see something in him, but to be fair they're almost as much of a basket case as we are, the only difference being that they are in a higher division. Maybe being nearer home will suit Josh too?
  • I thought big Josh tried hard but was very limited.
    Need to find a gem from the national league,
    Straight off the building site like a young Charlie Austin.

Don't think we have managed to do that in the last 50 years.
  • Threads been open for an hour and a half and has only 16 comments. Says it all really.

That's mainly because us real men are out boozing on a Friday night.

• Fuck, it's Monday isn't it.

You've been drinking for 3 straight days :smile:
  • Note the openness and clarity of the Bolton chairman’s statement.

Good luck Josh.

Yes I saw that .....how weird
  • Scoham said:

Note the openness and clarity of the Bolton chairman’s statement.

Good luck Josh.

I think they've been watching the wrong player by that description. Pace ?
    He’s quicker than a typical target man. Not a great example but look at how he set up Ajose’s second goal:

https://youtu.be/vYsy6V-AYco
    Slightly different tack, sorry ..... but watching Ajose's 2 goals, both set up by Magennis - Ajose runs past Josh ignoring him completely both times, to seek adulation from the crowd.

Hey, Ajose ..... it's a team game, it's not just about you!

• Sponsored links:

• Looks like me and shooters up front for our first match...to you...no to you.....
  • They could do worse Chips
  • Scoham said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/a-note-from-the-chairman7/

Bolton chairman on Magennis and Bauer:

Josh Magennis is a very exciting acquisition for the club and has been on our radar for quite some time. He’s a hard-working player who will cause problems for our opponents with his pace and power.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion about Charlton’s Patrick Bauer. As we were concluding the deal for Josh we were made aware that Blackburn were interested in Bauer. We enquired as to how much Charlton valued Bauer at and that is where we left it. We certainly made no bid for the player.

So we're still trying to sell Bauer then :-(
    O

Yep can see him going too. The rumoured new contract offer is just to bump the price up a bit. He’ll be at Blackburn before the weekend in my opinion.

• I thought big Josh tried hard but was very limited.
    Need to find a gem from the national league,
    Straight off the building site like a young Charlie Austin.

Don't think we have managed to do that in the last 50 years.

There are certainly a few coming through the National League and making an impact in our League and the one below for sure at the moment
  • Given Josh has had his bag packed for a while it is curious thst Umerah hasn't been involved. Perhaps Bow has a replacement lined up.
  • Bowyer said recently that players would only leave if a replacement is lined up so let's see if he is true to his word
  • I think that we’ve made a mistake letting Josh go now. Yep he wasn’t the Derek Hales/Flanagan/Mendonca or Bent player but he gave it his all in a team that provided little service. However leaving all that to one side, do you honestly think RD will allow LB to buy someone better? I hope to be proved wrong, but I’m not convinced I will be! Also I think the BFG story is suspect, LB says offer from Blackburn/Bolton not enough and we’ve offered him a new contract, well he hasn’t signed it and should an offer that is acceptable to RD comes in this week it’ll be accepted and he’ll be gone! The potential result of the above will be an even weaker team and big trouble ahead. Please can the Aussies or someone take us over and save us from this nightmare!
  • Disgraceful and utterly predictable. The sset stripping continues, just as it did at Standard before he sold that club on.

I read that "most" people don't rate him, so they are not bothered. Probably the same people who didn't rate Pope. Bolton on the other hand, presumably have noticed that he does just fine for N.Ireland, playing against defences which are way better than anything in Div. 3. Like, you know, Germany. But of course with NI he has a lot of higher quality team-mates, and a shared sense of purpose. He will turn out to be excellent value for Bolton, because you can be sure the fee is derisory, with no sell-ons that RD cannot easily bank.

Roland Out Today.

Agree 100% with this. I think he better the team the better Josh will play.

He will not be replaced.

Nor will Ajose when he goes.

Our squad is awful and it's being stripped before our very eyes.
  • I genuinely think Bowyer will walk if Bauer is sold from under him just days after going to the fans and saying he’s staying. That would be undermining his position to an impossible extent. We know LB has a life outside of football that he said he was happy to return to. Will be fascinating if Paddy is sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/a-note-from-the-chairman7/

Bolton chairman on Magennis and Bauer:

Josh Magennis is a very exciting acquisition for the club and has been on our radar for quite some time. He’s a hard-working player who will cause problems for our opponents with his pace and power.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to clear up some confusion about Charlton’s Patrick Bauer. As we were concluding the deal for Josh we were made aware that Blackburn were interested in Bauer. We enquired as to how much Charlton valued Bauer at and that is where we left it. We certainly made no bid for the player.

So we're still trying to sell Bauer then :-(
    We are, I suspect, willing to sell anyone.
  • edited July 2018
  • edited July 2018
    At least the last one out won't have to turn off the lights. Efficiency at Charlton.
  • Good luck to Josh. He sure never had much luck at Charlton. He must have hit the bar and post a dozen times.
  • Good luck Josh a decent player who always gave everything he will be missed
  • Disappointed, decent player. We need a squad and he is more than capable of playing a role in a successful squad at this level.

When we concede our first goal from a corner next season all of our hearts will cry out for “Josh”!
  • Good luck josh. Hope you get more chances to play in a higher league than Holmes has had after his move. I'm in a bit of a strange mental place right now- I kind of want this all to blow up in Roland's face - but for that to happen us fans will suffer as well. It certainly solidifies my position to continue to boycott - why the fuck should I put any of my own money into the club if the owner is asset stripping and cutting costs? I just cannot reconcile paying for a league one game but watching an ostensibly under 23 team this season... (Nothing against the under 23s but I'm sure an u 23 ticket is a lot cheaper than a "full" Charlton game normally is)
  • edited July 2018
    Honestly not just saying this..

Seems a nice guy etc.. but he’s not very good.
  • We , as a club, are limited on songs (putting it politely) and another one has just left the building .
  • I'm more critical of him mainly due to all the people saying 'what a nice bloke' & 'always tries hard' etc. those characteristics also describe my postman, still don't want him playing for Charlton