Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confirmed- Josh Magennis joins Bolton

Comments

• Options

Ferryman said:

I don’t think the budget that Bowyer has to work with would allow him to sign Ince, Ward and Dawkins or alternatives and still look at bringing in the loans targeted. I’m guessing Josh leaving was not seen by Lee as a disaster but more a way of stretching his budget. If we really wanted solely to cash in on players I think there are others that would fetch in more in fees. Josh and Ajose were big wages . Haven’t I seen somewhere that NA is on 8k per week ? I’m certain that a replacement for Magennis will arrive. I don’t think Josh was sold from under Bowyer.

Just as the Holmes sale stretched his budget to loan Kai Kai & Zyro - that went well.
    mention of Zyro .. I wouldn't mind having him back on loan
    You must be kidding !
  • Options

Ferryman said:

I don’t think the budget that Bowyer has to work with would allow him to sign Ince, Ward and Dawkins or alternatives and still look at bringing in the loans targeted. I’m guessing Josh leaving was not seen by Lee as a disaster but more a way of stretching his budget. If we really wanted solely to cash in on players I think there are others that would fetch in more in fees. Josh and Ajose were big wages . Haven’t I seen somewhere that NA is on 8k per week ? I’m certain that a replacement for Magennis will arrive. I don’t think Josh was sold from under Bowyer.

Just as the Holmes sale stretched his budget to loan Kai Kai & Zyro - that went well.
    mention of Zyro .. I wouldn't mind having him back on loan
    Wow.......assume that is comic post of the week? Poor at best
    all a matter of opinion
    Had a few decent games but didn't look interested in last couple I saw. His performance against Rochdale as one of the worst I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt.
    His performance at AFC away ran it close. A good player in there when he fancies it but when he doesn’t, he’s a cheating diving pansy waste of space. Wouldn’t want him back even in our current predicament.
  • Options
    Just put Bolton ahead :/
  • Options
    Couldnt make it up
  • Options
    He wasn't as bad as some painted him but he was pretty ordinary for us. If he does well for Bolton that doesn't change he was average for us, why can't people see that? Nick Pope was pretty good for us, especially at the end of his Charlton career but he had many a poor game before that.
  • Options
    Did we all do something terrible in a previous life? :neutral:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are just Oxford winning away from the ultimate Charlton joke Saturday
  • Options

We are just Oxford winning away from the ultimate Charlton joke Saturday

Good thing we can rely on Robinson to be losing then!
  • Options
    It's one goal calm down
  • Options
    Magennis was good first season but then got injured and was never really the same. The second season he was playing in the Northern Ireland WC campaign and as Feck face RD had left the team light on strikers yet again, he wasn't able to be rested. He is not a spring chicken and he faded. Not a surprise. Not the best striker in the world but if he was would he be playing league one football ? I didn't agree with the blame dished out to him. Good luck to him at Bolton.
  • Options
    Well done Josh I wasn't expecting a goal until the autumn :smile:
  • Options
    Joe Pigott now haha
  • Options

Joe Pigott now haha

Waggy with the assist?
  • Options
    Mike said:

It's one goal calm down

Correction; it's his first goal. The second won't be far away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mike said:

It's one goal calm down

Don’t know if that’s a fair statement. The guy struggled to score at this level on a consistent basis. Let’s not forget that.
  • Options
    If magennis gets into double figures this season I will be surprised.
    A lovely bloke he may well be but I doubt he will score 10 goals or more this season.
  • Options

Mike said:

It's one goal calm down

It's not a correction though is it, it was one goal
  • Options
    Now i cannot be bothered to look it up but i wonder which formation Parky played.

The Robinson 4-5-1 with Mag the 1?

Or the Northern Ireland 4-4-2 in which he was first choice last season ahead of players like Lafferty who were then playing higher division.?
  • Options

Now i cannot be bothered to look it up but i wonder which formation Parky played.

Or the Northern Ireland 4-4-2 in which he was first choice last season ahead of players like Lafferty who were then playing higher division.?

I don't know but he has played wide on the right a fair amount for Northern Ireland.

That said, I think with a good strike partner and good service he'll be decent at Championship level. A real shame he and Taylor never got to play together. I think they'd cause defenses nightmares at this level.
  • Options

Hanlan scored for Gillingham... Charles-Cook the assist

Was thinking this morning how I desperately wish we still had RCC. He'd get his run in the team, almost certainly as a 10 or a wide player, and he'd bring something we're desperately missing.
  • Options

Sky app is calling it 4-2-3-1 with Magennis as the 1...
  • Options
    Interesting interview with him, talks about the style of play being totally different.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/16397671.josh-magennis-on-bolton-hopes-charlton-problems-and-breakfast/
  • Options

When will the boo boys learn?

Josh was a poor finisher for Cafc, only ever encouraged him, but even thou BWP was more interested playing computer games but still managed to score 20 plus goals in League 1.

• Options
    Parky’s post-match comments:

“Josh Magennis had a terrific game, ran his socks off and our supporters have taken to him already. He gave everything for the shirt. The goal was a bonus and he can build on that."