Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will there be 2 sacking on Merseyside this week?

Given today's results?

Comments

• edited October 2017
    I struggle to see what coaches either team would get that would provide a significant upgrade on what they currently have.

I watched some of the Liverpool game and to be fair to Klopp his team started with Milner and Henderson in midfield and Lovren in defense. Lovren looks terrible when playing a high line and Milner and Henderson are much of a muchness, lots of running, not much technical ability or nouse.

As for Koeman, he is not in charge of the signings, Walsh is. In the summer they signed lots of attacking players and yet no pace and no striker to replace Lukaku. I don't think Koeman has shown himself to be brilliant there but I think he's been hampered by signings that haven't meshed yet, missing out in key areas--how does Jagielka still get in a side with top 7 ambitions, and the fact that the run of games they've had at the start has been brutal.
  • What, Koeman and Lovren?
  • I think Klopp is safe but the w***y Dutchman whom denied us a place at the 1994 World Cup must be a goner.
  • What, Koeman and Lovren?

Let's be honest, Koeman is still probably better than Lovren and Jagielka.
  • 'He's gonna flick one, he's gonna flick one'
  • edited October 2017
    Koeman is toast but I can't see Klopp getting binned for now. Everton had a real go in the transfer window and back him with big money. Whether it's his fault players like Siggurson haven't started the season playing anything like their ability suggests or it's just down to poor application from them or something else, who knows? But with the squad they now have they should be looking into breaking into top 6 not down at the bottom.
  • Klopp's is going nowhere. Koeman will be gone by tomorrow lunchtime.
  • edited October 2017

Keoman is toast but I can't see Klopp getting binned for now. Everton had a real go in the transfer window and back him with big money. Whether it's his fault players like Siggurson haven't started the season playing anything like their ability suggests or it's just down to poor application from them or something else, who knows? But with the squad they now have they should be looking into breaking into top 6 not down at the bottom.

I know they spent a lot in the summer, but looking at Everton's team, how many of these would you consider top 6/7 players at this stage in their career (mine in bold)?
    Pickford
    Keane
    Jagielka,
    Williams
    Kenny
    Gueye
    Sigurdsson
    Vlasic
    Baines
    Rooney
    Calvert-Lewin

Subs:
    Robles
    Mirallas
    Martina
    Klaassen

Davies
    Lookman
    Niasse

That's 8 in the 18. I think Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Davies, and Vlasic all aren't too far off, but still quite raw (all are 19 or 20 I think). And for Pickford and Keane, this is the first time they've played at teams with top half ambitions, let alone European spots.

That's not to say I think they should be where they are, they're definitely underperforming. I just don't think their players are that good.
  • Cockneys 9 Scousers 3
    Lol!
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Keoman is toast but I can't see Klopp getting binned for now. Everton had a real go in the transfer window and back him with big money. Whether it's his fault players like Siggurson haven't started the season playing anything like their ability suggests or it's just down to poor application from them or something else, who knows? But with the squad they now have they should be looking into breaking into top 6 not down at the bottom.

I know they spent a lot in the summer, but looking at Everton's team, how many of these would you consider top 6/7 players at this stage in their career (mine in bold)?
    Pickford
    Keane
    Jagielka,
    Williams
    Kenny
    Gueye
    Sigurdsson
    Vlasic
    Baines
    Rooney
    Calvert-Lewin

Subs:
    Robles
    Mirallas
    Martina
    Klaassen

Davies
    Lookman
    Niasse

That's 8 in the 18. I think Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, Davies, and Vlasic all aren't too far off, but still quite raw (all are 19 or 20 I think). And for Pickford and Keane, this is the first time they've played at teams with top half ambitions, let alone European spots.

That's not to say I think they should be where they are, they're definitely underperforming. I just don't think their players are that good.
    I don't care that he scored today, Rooney is shite these days.
    I meant to add "just" next to him. I was trying to be generous.
  • In addition to Lukaku going they are missing Coleman big time .
  • In addition to Lukaku going they are missing Coleman big time .

And Duncan Ferguson, Gary Lineker, Bob Latchford, Dixie Dean and Big Nev!
  • SDAddick said:

Pickford
    Keane
    Jagielka,
    Williams
    Kenny
    Gueye
    Sigurdsson
    Vlasic
    Baines
    Rooney
    Calvert-Lewin

Subs:
    Robles
    Mirallas
    Martina
    Klaassen

Davies
    Lookman
    Niasse

I think 8 is generous. Williams hasnt performed there, Klassen looks bang average and Martina has been awful.

Still early days and Sigurdsson not playing well either. Manager has to go for me, there not turning up for him.
  • I'm really surprised that klopp has flopped in such a way. How can he keep selecting that defence? Spurs where on another level to them yesterday
  • agim said:

I'm really surprised that klopp has flopped in such a way. How can he keep selecting that defence? Spurs where on another level to them yesterday

I would be so frustrated as a Liverpool fan that they chased Van Dijk all summer and then ended up with nobody coming in at CB. Same with Keita and now have to wait a year.

I think he will be given a bit of time though. They seem to have a bit of money and he will need to sign a couple, certainly a CB in January.
  • As we showed when we sold Parker, losing easily your best player can take a while to get over.

No sympathy for Liverpool; I find Klopp irritating and most good managers would do better than him, with the attacking players that they have
  • SDAddick said:

Pickford
    Keane
    Jagielka,
    Williams
    Kenny
    Gueye
    Sigurdsson
    Vlasic
    Baines
    Rooney
    Calvert-Lewin

Subs:
    Robles
    Mirallas
    Martina
    Klaassen

Davies
    Lookman
    Niasse

I have to disagree with you there @SDAddick I don't think any of them are consistently top 6/7. Sigurdsson can be on his day but his day is not every week, hence why Tottenham shipped him out. I think Keane and Pickford may become top 6/7 but aren't yet and the same goes for the rest of the young players.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017
    Pickford
    Keane
    Jagielka,
    Williams
    Kenny
    Gueye
    Sigurdsson
    Vlasic
    Baines
    Rooney
    Calvert-Lewin

Subs:
    Robles
    Mirallas
    Martina
    Klaassen
    Davies
    Lookman
    Niasse

These two are the only real quality players. But still are not good enough for a top 5 or 6 team.
  • wmcf123 said:

As we showed when we sold Parker, losing easily your best player can take a while to get over.

No sympathy for Liverpool; I find Klopp irritating and most good managers would do better than him, with the attacking players that they have

In our case 13 years 9 months and still counting.
  • SDAddick said:

Pickford
    Keane
    Jagielka,
    Williams
    Kenny
    Gueye
    Sigurdsson
    Vlasic
    Baines
    Rooney
    Calvert-Lewin

Subs:
    Robles
    Mirallas
    Martina
    Klaassen

Davies
    Lookman
    Niasse

I have to disagree with you there @SDAddick I don't think any of them are consistently top 6/7. Sigurdsson can be on his day but his day is not every week, hence why Tottenham shipped him out. I think Keane and Pickford may become top 6/7 but aren't yet and the same goes for the rest of the young players.
    You could go through 2/3's of the teams in the top division and state they don't have enough quality players to mount a top 6 challenge. That's why they are outside the teams at the top. Once in a blue moon someone does a Leicester and gets a team playing above the sum of its parts and manages to avoid injury to its key players. But for the most part it's a squad game these days and this is where Everton are seriously underperforming imo.

They finished 7th last year with arguably a weaker squad than this years. That they are unable to rely on Lukaku this year is obviously not helping but on paper this years squad looked stronger than in many previous seasons and better in comparison to other clubs around them.
  • Good blog Garry. How he can start with 3 at the back with his defensive problems? Needs to stick to 4-5-1 so the midfield can offer some cover, especially as they haven't got a striker.

They have bought in Rooney and now have the same problem United had; where do you play him? In that team I would play him up front. He may not have the pace anymore, but he has the experience, can hold up play, pick a pass and score goals. There are better players for the number 10 role. Schneiderlin would be much better in a more forward role for instance.

Big Sam waiting in the wings me thinks.
  • Klopp puts all his eggs in one basket with Van Dyk, got to have back up options, lovren is terrible. Massively disagree with people saying Rooney is shite, if you watch him off the ball he is strides above the players around him, i think he is suffering from playing with people who aren't on his level, his goal was excellent too
  • Micky Mellon will be sacked first in Merseyside
  • shirty5 said:

Micky Mellon will be sacked first in Merseyside

My best mate is a Tranmere fan so i have a real soft spot for them, feel very sorry for their fans
  • Bye bye Ronald
  • Koeman gone.
  • 1 down....