Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will there be 2 sacking on Merseyside this week?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Koeman gone.
  • Options
    Christ; Third Premier League Manager gone already!!
  • Options

Klopp puts all his eggs in one basket with Van Dyk, got to have back up options, lovren is terrible. Massively disagree with people saying Rooney is shite, if you watch him off the ball he is strides above the players around him, i think he is suffering from playing with people who aren't on his level, his goal was excellent too

I completely disagree - Rooney slows everything down, and is giving the ball away far too much
  • Options

surprised it's not four, surely Bilic is on borrowed time.

Bilic pretty much has the Palace game to save his job. Lose that and he'll be gone by this time next week.
  • Options
    Klopp will not get the sack...at least til X-Mas anyway
  • Options

Klopp puts all his eggs in one basket with Van Dyk, got to have back up options, lovren is terrible. Massively disagree with people saying Rooney is shite, if you watch him off the ball he is strides above the players around him, i think he is suffering from playing with people who aren't on his level, his goal was excellent too

I completely disagree - Rooney slows everything down, and is giving the ball away far too much
    Rooney is a class above anything else in the Everton side.

• Options
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Maybe Curbs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fat Sam
  • Options

Klopp's is going nowhere. Koeman will be gone by tomorrow lunchtime.

Do I win ?
  • Options

Fat Sam

Going to become a CL favourite that one...
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

surprised it's not four, surely Bilic is on borrowed time.

Bilic pretty much has the Palace game to save his job. Lose that and he'll be gone by this time next week.
    I wish him the very best of luck and hope he organises a total demolition of the glaziers.
    Bang on.
    As much as I dislike wetspam I want them to destroy palarce
  • Options
    Klopp seems to get a free pass from just about everyone...presumably because he pulls funny faces and gives a good post match interview. I can't understand why he is not under more pressure now personally?
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

Klopp seems to get a free pass from just about everyone...presumably because he pulls funny faces and gives a good post match interview. I can't understand why he is not under more pressure now personally?

Agreed- it's the only thing I agree with Joey Barton on
  • Options
    Liverpool are 3 points away from a top 4 spot. Would be madness to sack a manager who is a win or two away from getting to their expectations.

He does get a bit of an easy ride admittedly. Needs to sort the defence but reckon he will get a bit of time seeing as they did try to sign one. Needs to address that though, selling Sakho with no replacing was madness. Second only to us offloading 9 strikers and loaning a dud.
  • Options
    The Liverpool fan that I know points to the the fact that Klopp took Rogers' team and made them good, which would suggest that there's more to him than just hype.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

The Liverpool fan that I know points to the the fact that Klopp took Rogers' team and made them good, which would suggest that there's more to him than just hype.

Rogers team that came 2nd to City by 2 points?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I was gonna say surely they have gone backwards since Rogers team almost (and should have) won the league?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Until the defence gets sorted out Liverpool will continue to flatter to deceive, not that they did much of that against Spurs, who ripped them to shreds!
  • Options
    DanDavis said:

Yeah I was gonna say surely they have gone backwards since Rogers team almost (and should have) won the league?

To be fair to Klopp he hasn't had Suarez playing for him which helped Rodgers nick an odd point or two.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Liverpool are just not in the same league as the top four in transfer fees or wages so it is no surprise that they are chasing a top four spot and no more.

Until Klopp, or his successor, is going to be given £250m to spend in one window they are not going to be able to compete with Chelsea, Man United or Man City. Spurs are a bit different because they have managed to bring players in on the cheap or promoted them from their youth side. Players like Harry Kane come along once a generation, a bit like Steven Gerrard or Jamie Carragher. Until Liverpool can pull one of those out of a hat or spend £80m on a striker they are not going to win the league.

Joe Gomez, who is playing regularly now is nothing like Walker who Man Ciry paid £50m for. With such a gulf between the sides spending power sacking Klopp would just be insane.
  • Options

Liverpool are just not in the same league as the top four in transfer fees or wages so it is no surprise that they are chasing a top four spot and no more.

Until Klopp, or his successor, is going to be given £250m to spend in one window they are not going to be able to compete with Chelsea, Man United or Man City. Spurs are a bit different because they have managed to bring players in on the cheap or promoted them from their youth side. Players like Harry Kane come along once a generation, a bit like Steven Gerrard or Jamie Carragher. Until Liverpool can pull one of those out of a hat or spend £80m on a striker they are not going to win the league.

Joe Gomez, who is playing regularly now is nothing like Walker who Man Ciry paid £50m for. With such a gulf between the sides spending power sacking Klopp would just be insane.

Agree to a point, Liverpool do not have the same spending power as the 3 mention teams. Although I would guess that they didn't spend far off what Chelsea did in the summer. But they spent as much as Spurs and Arsenal. Yes Spurs have their luck with Kane coming so good, but credit where it's due with the management of Pochettino and the bargains like Dier, Eriksen, Alli and Vertonghen.

With Coutinho, Firmino, Lallane, Salah and Mane, Liverpool are clearly a real force going forward. Perhaps lack an out and out striker with Sturridge not really favoured, but the obvious thing they need to change is their defence. It's not all to do with how much they have to spend IMO, they just need to work on it more and get rid of players like Moreno and Klavan.
  • Options
    Perhaps Jurgen Klopp should invite Sam Allardyce to take a defensive coaching session.
  • Options
    But this is the thing, it is not so much about personnel as the systems in place and attitude of the players.

You could have the AC Milan back four from the 90’s in that Liverpool team, and they would still struggle.

The 4-3-3 shape, and lack of a ball winner or physically imposing midfielder, means that Liverpool will always give up chances.

They play on the counter, with 5 or 6 players getting forward, so are inherently vulnerable to be countered themselves.

It's the way that Klopp's teams have always played - fast and furious football.
  • Options

But this is the thing, it is not so much about personnel as the systems in place and attitude of the players.

You could have the AC Milan back four from the 90’s in that Liverpool team, and they would still struggle.

The 4-3-3 shape, and lack of a ball winner or physically imposing midfielder, means that Liverpool will always give up chances.

They play on the counter, with 5 or 6 players getting forward, so are inherently vulnerable to be countered themselves.

It's the way that Klopp's teams have always played - fast and furious football.

True enough, but having the likes of Hummels helped him Dortmund.

Yes they are going to be vulnerable, especially on the counter, but having a good defence to go with their attacking line up would still get them a more points.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Uboat said:

Rogers team that came 2nd to City by 2 points?
    And then didn’t do so well after Suarez left, yes