Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Pass service

Comments

• seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Seth........I think you have backed yourself into a corner mate.
    Let it go, what's the point of dragging this out.
    I've done similar myself in the past, it can happen when you are worried that people may think you are being out of order.
    I don't think anyone particularly thought that but you're now in danger of making a far bigger issue out of this topic than it really is and people will get irritated with you.
    As I say, I've done similar myself in the past and you just get nowhere.
    Looks like the big majority don't agree with you....just leave it at that....no ones offended and you don't have to defend your position.
    End of mate.

OK.

I shall refrain from giving what I call feedback but others call criticism, and I shall simply have to accept whatever service is put out there with no comment.
    You have the ability to stop being a lifetime victim. It's a choice you can make.

If you're not happy speak to them privately, the offer is there.
    'Lifetime victim'?
    What do you mean by that?
    http://www.lifehack.org/287448/14-signs-someone-always-playing-the-victim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_playing
    Thank you for this information. many things you have listed could be attributed to me from time to time, probably to others too. However you sit in judgement over me based on what I write here which is an impressive skill, but what I write is not everything about me, and certainly not a 'lifetime'.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/15-signs-youre-arrogant-though-you-dont-feel-like-you-are.html
    Yes, I'd say about half the 15 are true :wink:
  • @sadamson84 @Ollywozere
    Just noticed in the archive section, you have the play off final v Leeds May 87 shown as Leeds 2 Charlton 1, on the video banner and when you open it, switch around needed, I hope Peter Shirtliff doesn't see it :-)
  • DA9 said:

@sadamson84 @Ollywozere
    Just noticed in the archive section, you have the play off final v Leeds May 87 shown as Leeds 2 Charlton 1, on the video banner and when you open it, switch around needed, I hope Peter Shirtliff doesn't see it :-)

Thank you. The problem of trying to upload and tag 1100 videos all in one go! I've updated this
  • edited August 2017
    One thing that I would really like to see is if you can stream the commentary not in a video format - as when I am listening on the go through my phone I can not lock the phone like I can do with radio/podcasts and music. This leaves me holding my phone open as i walk down the street. Also means I have to refresh my the feed every time I check a text or e-mail.

I can imagine this is lots of work for a minority of listeners but I thought I'd put it out there just in case there is a way you can do this (perhaps you can already and I'm missing a trick). Certainly enjoy the coverage and this is a small niggle in a brilliant service.
  • Just to add being able to stream audio as not a video would be great for those who use mobiles. I have to stream the video and can't close the screen on my phone...which is a big battery killer (damn you iPhones!)

Speaking of iOS, I don't know if anyone's noticed this but I always have to restart the stream after 29 minutes as it just drops it completely. Only if it's on a live stream though as the archived stuff works fine, but have to refresh the page to carry on listening to it

Keep up the good work though, happy customer here and loving all the content!
  • Gammon said:

One thing that I would really like to see is if you can stream the commentary not in a video format - as when I am listening on the go through my phone I can not lock the phone like I can do with radio/podcasts and music. This leaves me holding my phone open as i walk down the street. Also means I have to refresh my the feed every time I check a text or e-mail.

I can imagine this is lots of work for a minority of listeners but I thought I'd put it out there just in case there is a way you can do this (perhaps you can already and I'm missing a trick). Certainly enjoy the coverage and this is a small niggle in a brilliant service.

I will look into this as I use Android and I'm able to lock my phone fine whilst listening

Will try to find a fix for iOS
  • edited August 2017

Gammon said:

I will look into this as I use Android and I'm able to lock my phone fine whilst listening

I have android too? What app are you using to access the stream? I have been using chrome.

Edit: thank you for looking into this - my mum would kill me for not saying thanks!
  • Gammon said:

Gammon said:

I have android too? What app are you using to access the stream? I have been using chrome.

Edit: thank you for looking into this - my mum would kill me for not saying thanks!
    I use chrome - will take a look at it for Android too then
  • Hey just seen that the entire Northampton match is up on Valley Pass!!!

Thank you @sadamson84, the quality looks really good.
  • Just to add being able to stream audio as not a video would be great for those who use mobiles. I have to stream the video and can't close the screen on my phone...which is a big battery killer (damn you iPhones!)

Speaking of iOS, I don't know if anyone's noticed this but I always have to restart the stream after 29 minutes as it just drops it completely. Only if it's on a live stream though as the archived stuff works fine, but have to refresh the page to carry on listening to it

Just done a few tests, and there is a workaround until a more permanent solution is found.

Open the commentary on your phone. Exit the app (but keep it running in the background), then pull down the status/notification bar and press play and the commentary will continue to play including when you lock your phone.

We have just tested on iOS and Android and this has worked on both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers, I’ll give it a go! I’m running iOS 11 Beta as well as 10 so will give feedback on both
  • edited August 2017
    Gammon said:

Would love them to create an app as the mobile page isn't the most navigation friendly.
  • SDAddick said:

Hey just seen that the entire Northampton match is up on Valley Pass!!!

Adendum, the quality is HD so go and watch it and maybe this will become a semi-regular thing
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Hey just seen that the entire Northampton match is up on Valley Pass!!!

Adendum, the quality is HD so go and watch it and maybe this will become a semi-regular thing
    Heard a few people ask for this so we thought we would try it out. The more people who watch it the more likely we are to edit/upload it - away games are still tough as we don't get a copy of the full game, however for now we will try to upload the full home games when we win and see what reaction they get and this will influence where we go next.

• Heard a few people ask for this so we thought we would try it out. The more people who watch it the more likely we are to edit/upload it - away games are still tough as we don't get a copy of the full game, however for now we will try to upload the full home games when we win and see what reaction they get and this will influence where we go next.

Bit of a long shot, but would it be possible to use the audio from the game over the full match video? Would be great to have the two together in sync

• Heard a few people ask for this so we thought we would try it out. The more people who watch it the more likely we are to edit/upload it - away games are still tough as we don't get a copy of the full game, however for now we will try to upload the full home games when we win and see what reaction they get and this will influence where we go next.

Bit of a long shot, but would it be possible to use the audio from the game over the full match video? Would be great to have the two together in sync
    Long term yes, short term no. Sadly to do that takes a lot of time with editing and we have already pushed 8+ videos out from the game with more to come. To edit that would take more time and I doubt we would be able to get the full game up until later in the week. It's something we want to do in the future but the first stage is to just see what sort of demand we receive for full game coverage.

• Long term yes, short term no. Sadly to do that takes a lot of time with editing and we have already pushed 8+ videos out from the game with more to come. To edit that would take more time and I doubt we would be able to get the full game up until later in the week. It's something we want to do in the future but the first stage is to just see what sort of demand we receive for full game coverage.

Did think it was a long shot! Guessing the 10 minute highlights are overdubbed post-game so to overdub a whole 90 minute game would be a mission! The full game footage is a very pleasant surprise though and definitely justifies me paying for the service on top of everything else that's there so hopefully we'll see it more!

My only other suggestion would be mailshots when new things are uploaded, I don't always see on twitter/facebook when something's been uploaded so an email would be great!

Don't Greg and Tel park themselves in the West Stand for home commentaries? Would make the near-side, far-side references on the live broadcast a bit weird!

Maybe have someone else doing the video comms? Harry Lowe was good flying solo for the Exeter game, maybe pair him with a non-playing squad member? Or, now he's not looking after the pitch these days, what's Paddy up to on a Saturday afternoon? I remember he wasn't too bad as Mr Mansfield's wing-man!

Just done a few tests, and there is a workaround until a more permanent solution is found.

Open the commentary on your phone. Exit the app (but keep it running in the background), then pull down the status/notification bar and press play and the commentary will continue to play including when you lock your phone.

Thanks. It has been a consistent irritant
  • I hope this maybe the correct thread to put this on, but can someone turn the volume down in the stadium? Saturday it was physically painful on the ears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers for the work around. Will be great for tonight! Really great service.
  • Redrobo said:

I hope this maybe the correct thread to put this on, but can someone turn the volume down in the stadium? Saturday it was physically painful on the ears.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/78866/the-valley-sound-and-vision#latest,

sadamson84 asks for people to email him at "fans@cafc.co.uk with their location within the stadium and comments.
  • @sadamson84 @Ollywozere

Hi guys. Trying to watch Valley Stories - Keith Peacock - Part II (Windows 10/Edge) and there is a fault around 1:30. Just tried in Chrome too and it is the same.
  • I’ve still got an issue on iOS where the stream will always drop off at 30 minutes and the website says there’s an error. Simple refresh brings it back, but it happens every 30 minutes
  • WSA said:

@sadamson84 @Ollywozere

Hi guys. Trying to watch Valley Stories - Keith Peacock - Part II (Windows 10/Edge) and there is a fault around 1:30. Just tried in Chrome too and it is the same.

Hi there

Must be a fault with the video as we have tested it and it's done the same. It was a large video file so something could have gone wrong in upload.

I will re-upload tomorrow when back in the office and let you know when it's up

Sorry about the issue

Thanks. It has been a consistent irritant
    A bit like CLB74!
  • Hi All

The second part of Valley Stories with Keith Peacock has now been re-uploaded and can be found here. Hopefully you enjoy it :)

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_uljdw4ju
  • Just to let people know we are running a Valley Pass survey to try to help shape new content for the future. I know people have talked on here about international game streaming, full games-on-demand etc so this survey helps us truly see the demand for these services and it also helps us see what content subscribers would want to see.

All responses are appreciated and obviously the more responses we get the easier it is to plan to create content which fans want to see.

Survey
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ValleyPass

Story
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a0c44f3c545d/help-shape-the-future-of-valley-pass-video-content
  • I signed up for the 2 week free trial when it first started back in August. Cancelled it and never paid a penny. They only stopped me listening to commentary and watching the vids about a month ago. Very strange but I won't complain. Not paying for it until he goes. And when he dies I'll get a season ticket so won't need it. :)