Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL - Lawrie Wilson - Would you resign him?

edited May 2017 in Rumours
What's your thoughts? Still only 29 and knows the club, but only played sparingly last couple of years, and at right back where we have Solly.

POLL - Lawrie Wilson - Would you resign him? 367 votes

YES
81%
LoOkOuT_MrDickSouthendaddickElthamaddickhenrythecatrinapickwickRed_Pete_in_Dubaibucksheelancashire ladCurb_ItLenGlovercfgs9goalswentpastperryellisaddickT_C_EwwaddickOggy RedCafcWestaddick1965 298 votes
NO
18%
AFKABartramHenry IrvingAddicktedpaulbaconsarnierazilSolidgoneshirty5HOME & AWAYNo.1 in South LondonNorth Lower Neilthai malaysia addickBournemouth AddickGRAY9JohnnyH2Richard JEast Kent AddickJollyRobinDaggsSimonsenSOTF 69 votes

Comments

• YES
    God yes - he was versatile, hard working and an absolute dream boat !
  • NO
    Very surprised he is still under 30, thought he was about 34
  • NO
    Voted No. Don't think it would be good for him, or us. (He looks good in a frock though!)
  • YES
    One of my favourites. Come home, lovely Lawrie x
  • YES
    Decent player, great attitude, we have loads of those don't we???
  • edited May 2017
    NO
    As stated, he was a decent player with a good attitude, but that doesn't mean he will come back the same or better. As he doesn't seem to have played regularly, I would rather have someone who has been performing at this standard and is capable of getting to the next level. There must be plenty out there.
  • YES
    I see that Johnny Jackson has tweeted that he should come back home.
  • YES
    Yes. Always liked Lawrie although he's a confidence player and there are times when his head goes down a bit. Would at least give us a little familiarity to cling on to.
  • Sponsored links:

• YES
    Considering some of the bilge this lot have given us over the last three years I don't know how anyone could say no.
  • YES
    Hmmm...
  • YES
    Absolutely. Not only as cover for RB/ RM but when he and Solly linked up, it was good. Great team player too and will boost squad morale. Plus Jacko wants him back.
  • YES
    Versatile player with a good attitude. I wouldn't necessarily see him as a regular starter, though, so only if we could get him on money that would reflect that.
  • edited May 2017
    MAYBE
    The old Lawrie Wilson under Chris Powell, of course. An older Lawrie Wilson who must be getting pretty desperate if he'd play for the current regime, no.
  • YES
    Looking at what else is currently on the rumours table it would be a yes from me - if anything as a back up right back as Solly is unfortunately half the player he was a couple of years ago
  • NO
    He was shite but then he was alright, his prob shite again
  • YES
    Definitely. Good, versatile player and just the type of character we've been lacking in the Roland era...because he sold them all.
  • YES
    When you think of the alternative type of player meire would sign.
    It's a yes from me
  • edited May 2017
    YES
    Yes
    I'd love him back. I don't think it will happen as he doesn't fit the bill as an inside forward in KRs favoured formation. So will only be rb cover. I'd still want him around the place though!
  • Sponsored links:

• NO
    No.
    Seemed like a nice bloke so wouldn't wish this shitstorm on him.
  • YES
    I would love him back. A great attitude and a very versitile player.
  • YES
    100% have him back. A great player to have in this league, knows what it takes to get promoted and always is going to give everything. Why would you not have him back?
  • YES
    Having players like him in the team is what makes CAFC feel like CAFC. If that makes sense.
  • YES
    Wilson is just the sort of character that this team has missed since Roland's clueless shirkers started to fill the team. More players like him who give max effort and enjoy doing it - and no more Roger Johnson.
  • NO
    NO

I liked him, he was ok. However, if we are serious about promotion we need to look for players who consistently perform above average, not the cast offs and bit part players from other teams. Mediocrity is our biggest enemy.
  • YES
    We need good club men. League one is all about togetherness and Lawrie is a great squad man.

He can also play right midfield as well as right back. Holmes on the left and Lawrie on the right wouldn't be too shabby as my daughter would say in league one.

Won't happen though. Holmes is 99.99% recurring on his way and Wilson doesn't fit the Duchatelet template of foreign loser mercenary.
  • YES

NO

I liked him, he was ok. However, if we are serious about promotion we need to look for players who consistently perform above average, not the cast offs and bit part players from other teams. Mediocrity is our biggest enemy.

Unfortunately,mediocrity is what douchebag and daisy do best.
  • YES

YES

Time for all good Addicks to come to the aid of the Valley Party, when Roland has finally gone.
  • YES
    Yes. Great utility player and well liked